WVAU TV Marcel Dareus arrested-edit-again

Ok, we'll have to agree to disagree on the witnesses. When it's all said and done, do you actually believe the street racing charge will stick? That Marcell won't plead to lesser charges?

If thye were to charge him with street racing, of course it would stick. What would be his plausible explanation other than the obvious? There is none.

Weather he gets charged with it is a different question. He may not.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, I have been wanting to relay my thoughts on this for a couple days now...and since this last fiasco, I figured I might as well chime in...this is what I commented, when I saw someone say we need to cut Dareus and make an example out of him. (I did not know how else to put my thoughts out there, so I basically took what I said to some guy on ESPN, and brought it here. This is the best way I could figure out how to get my point across, exactly how I was thinking...some know I'm not good at that. Lol. I usually do not get involved with comment sections of articles, but I feel pretty strongly about this, as I have been in a position like this before...and thankfully, I was allowed a second chance to correct my mistakes.)

This was his original comment..."i say cut this guy let the team know who is in charge and sends a message to the players, we don't have time for this we have games to WIN!"

My response?

This is the issue in Buffalo...fans want a team full of choir boys, rather than talented football players who will help the team win. This is why we haven't been to the playoffs in over a decade. Everyone makes mistakes, including you and I. Where would we be if it were not for those who stuck by our sides during difficult times, and helped us learn from our mistakes? I know full well, I probably would not even be alive right now to be able to have this discussion with you, that's for sure.

This is a 22/23 year old young man, who has some serious personal issues. On top of that, he has somewhat recently lost his Mother, his Brother and his Grandmother. I'm sure we can ALL agree on how hard that must be, especially on a young man who lives so far from home, in a place that is so different from where he came from, and a place he really doesn't know anybody but his co-workers. I know how he feels from my time in Myrtle Beach, SC. It will be very sad if people cannot get wise and stand by this kid's side. He needs support. He is a good kid who has never gotten in trouble before...and he is a pro-bowl talent who was the #3 overall pick in the draft...you do not get better by throwing someone like that out the door, for an immature mistake.

There are players who've done much worse, and are still supported by their team/fans. If these incidents are the worse Marcell Dareus brings onto himself...then I think the kid has a very bright future, and I 100% support him. None of us are "perfect," and we all have been given a second chance, at one point or another, and in some form or another. We deserved it, and so does he. The rash of other legal issues the league has seen, has nothing to do with the Bills, so we shouldn't care, as it does not effect our team, our players, or our wallets, for that matter. Not to mention, those other guys...well, they beat women, shoot guns at people, etc...Dareus comes nowhere near that stuff.

I understand your sentiment, but this is not that bad, compared to others. If they do try to make an example out of Dareus, when they have guys involved with domestic violence...then we ought to boycott the NFL as Bills fans. But, the bottom line is...we need to win, like you said. Winning will help all of this. Winning will bring a new sense of self-worth and importance to these players. They will find a new sense of appreciation for what they are doing, for themselves and their teammates. They won't want to let each other down.

I know this firsthand...when I got in trouble back in high school and suspended and couldn't play football, I let my team down. It sucked. I cried myself to sleep every night and took on a bad attitude, which led to more trouble. Once Coach (A.D.) Foster (who wasn't even MY coach at the time) pulled me aside and spoke to me, it nailed me right in the face...these are my brothers, my soldiers that I go to war with...how could I let them down and make them battle without me? I am hoping this is exactly what happens with Doug Marrone, Doug Whaley, Marcell Dareus and his teammates. They need him, and he needs them. Sure, I was in high school and he is in the NFL...but it's all the same. It is sports. It is football...it is knowing that man next to you will do anything to not only help himself succeed, but help you succeed...that is what this is all about, brother.

(EDITED to format paragraphs.)

Edited by Bob Malooga

If thye were to charge him with street racing, of course it would stick. What would be his plausible explanation other than the obvious? There is none.

so you ahve employed the Jboyst method of spelling ?

We are breaking you down finally Mr Weo :devil:

I would like to tell all here ( and admission of sorts ) i got a couple tickest on new years eve in about 1980 in rochester ny. For Unreasonable speed and drag racing.

i am still proud of it. wish i kept them

I would like to be suspended now . Because i think the fines were about 50 bucks and i didnt learn from it.

Obviously .

So, I have been wanting to relay my thoughts on this for a couple days now...and since this last fiasco, I figured I might as well chime in...this is what I commented, when I saw someone say we need to cut Dareus and make an example out of him. (I did not know how else to put my thoughts out there, so I basically took what I said to some guy on ESPN, and brought it here. This is the best way I could figure out how to get my point across, exactly how I was thinking...some know I'm not good at that. Lol. I usually do not get involved with comment sections of articles, but I feel pretty strongly about this, as I have been in a position like this before...and thankfully, I was allowed a second chance to correct my mistakes.)

This was his original comment..."i say cut this guy let the team know who is in charge and sends a message to the players, we don't have time for this we have games to WIN!"

My response?

This is the issue in Buffalo...fans want a team full of choir boys, rather than talented football players who will help the team win. This is why we haven't been to the playoffs in over a decade. Everyone makes mistakes, including you and I. Where would we be if it were not for those who stuck by our sides during difficult times, and helped us learn from our mistakes? I know full well, I probably would not even be alive right now to be able to have this discussion with you, that's for sure.

This is a 22/23 year old young man, who has some serious personal issues. On top of that, he has somewhat recently lost his Mother, his Brother and his Grandmother. I'm sure we can ALL agree on how hard that must be, especially on a young man who lives so far from home, in a place that is so different from where he came from, and a place he really doesn't know anybody but his co-workers. I know how he feels from my time in Myrtle Beach, SC. It will be very sad if people cannot get wise and stand by this kid's side. He needs support. He is a good kid who has never gotten in trouble before...and he is a pro-bowl talent who was the #3 overall pick in the draft...you do not get better by throwing someone like that out the door, for an immature mistake.

There are players who've done much worse, and are still supported by their team/fans. If these incidents are the worse Marcell Dareus brings onto himself...then I think the kid has a very bright future, and I 100% support him. None of us are "perfect," and we all have been given a second chance, at one point or another, and in some form or another. We deserved it, and so does he. The rash of other legal issues the league has seen, has nothing to do with the Bills, so we shouldn't care, as it does not effect our team, our players, or our wallets, for that matter. Not to mention, those other guys...well, they beat women, shoot guns at people, etc...Dareus comes nowhere near that stuff.

I understand your sentiment, but this is not that bad, compared to others. If they do try to make an example out of Dareus, when they have guys involved with domestic violence...then we ought to boycott the NFL as Bills fans. But, the bottom line is...we need to win, like you said. Winning will help all of this. Winning will bring a new sense of self-worth and importance to these players. They will find a new sense of appreciation for what they are doing, for themselves and their teammates. They won't want to let each other down.

I know this firsthand...when I got in trouble back in high school and suspended and couldn't play football, I let my team down. It sucked. I cried myself to sleep every night and took on a bad attitude, which led to more trouble. Once Coach (A.D.) Foster (who wasn't even MY coach at the time) pulled me aside and spoke to me, it nailed me right in the face...these are my brothers, my soldiers that I go to war with...how could I let them down and make them battle without me? I am hoping this is exactly what happens with Doug Marrone, Doug Whaley, Marcell Dareus and his teammates. They need him, and he needs them. Sure, I was in high school and he is in the NFL...but it's all the same. It is sports. It is football...it is knowing that man next to you will do anything to not only help himself succeed, but help you succeed...that is what this is all about, brother.

(EDITED to format paragraphs.)

Good post man.

Lot of thought into this i think Bob

Bills and especially Coach are his family. And Marrone is going to be there for him. Thats huge what he said today about the situation. I am kinda impressed .

well done

Edited by 3rdand12

so you ahve employed the Jboyst method of spelling ?

We are breaking you down finally Mr Weo :devil:

I would like to tell all here ( and admission of sorts ) i got a couple tickest on new years eve in about 1980 in rochester ny. For Unreasonable speed and drag racing.

i am still proud of it. wish i kept them

I would like to be suspended now . Because i think the fines were about 50 bucks and i didnt learn from it.

Obviously .

Oy!!--"weather"....perhaps I was overly influenced by crazy windstorm that just blew in off the lake in about 5 minutes.

I got pinched for going 94 on 590 on a sunday night heading in to work for an emergency. Young trooper would not give me a break--despite my verifiable explanation. Gave me all 94 MPH. And when you get busted in the city limits, there is no point in appearing in traffic court to get the traditional point knock down by the DA--there is none.

State Troopers....90% of their time must be spent on harassing citizens on their way to or from work. Meter maids.

Good post man.

Lot of thought into this i think Bob

Bills and especially Coach are his family. And Marrone is going to be there for him. Thats huge what he said today about the situation. I am kinda impressed .

well done

Well, thank you. I am one who usually won't speak out or post something, unless I feel it with my heart, and know full-well exactly what I am talking about. This is just something that is really eating at me lately.

Like I said, I have been through a lot. I never like to seem like I am making my problems bigger than anyone else's, but as a kid who pretty much had everything growing up...I really pooped the bed a couple times, and let myself down. What would have happened if I continued down that road...or listened to what other people were saying about me? What would have happened if certain people didn't know about all the community service I did as a kid, or about my work with children as a teacher's aide or a coach? I don't really know, but I do know that I never wanted to find out and I am glad I never had to.

I realized my potential as a person at a pretty late stage in life. I am now 31 years old, and pretty much just starting to get my life in order. Does it make me worse than anyone else? I'd like to think not. I just had some struggles that other kids my age never had to deal with, which resulted in me being a "late bloomer," if you will.

The only thing I know for sure, 100%? I never want to let another person down in my life, but I definitely do not want to let myself down again...because that is where you take the wrong turn, and go right back to where you started.

I REALLY hope Marcell Dareus realizes and understands this. I also hope you all understand it and support him....but most importantly, I hope his teammates and coaches understand this and support him. Without them, he has absolutely nothing.

It is hard for me to talk like this and about this stuff...but who am I if I don't use my life experiences to better myself, bring an understanding to a conversation, or use those experiences to try to help others? I'm nobody. Just the same person I was before it all happened. And that is the last person I ever want to be in my life again. :thumbsup:

Go Marcell...Go Bills!

Bold to take one post, out of the hundreds in this thread, and use that as a back drop to "all Bills fans."

Is it bold to openly talk about your own life experiences? Or is it bold to try and twist someone else's words around?

Did you even read it?

A. Nothing was referred to as "ALL Bills fans."

B. My post was not even in response to ANYTHING from this thread.

C. I was simply adding how I felt about the situation, and used a response to an ESPN comment, to help get my point across.

D. Out of everything there...that is the only thing you could come up with to respond to?

Thanks for being a jerk!

(EDIT: I'll be sure to not chime in on conversations here anymore. Take it easy.)

Edited by Bob Malooga

Is it bold to openly talk about your own life experiences? Or is it bold to try and twist someone else's words around?

Did you even read it?

A. Nothing was referred to as "ALL Bills fans."

B. My post was not even in response to ANYTHING from this thread.

C. I was simply adding how I felt about the situation, and used a response to an ESPN comment, to help get my point across.

D. Out of everything there...that is the only thing you could come up with to respond to?

Thanks for being a jerk!

(EDIT: I'll be sure to not chime in on conversations here anymore. Take it easy.)

Wait. I quickly had tried to edit my post and express my appreciation but it did not go through. Honestly, I'm sorry.

I wasn't trying to demean your post, but I did quickly comment on the first thing I read.

Edited by FireChan

I like Bob Malooga's opinion on this topic. I like how he made me think of Dareus as one of my own family. If Dareus were my brother, I'd be glad that he is alive, but also mad at his decisions and concerned. I like how Bob Malooga made me think about how I might feel in Dareus' situation, with the loss of his family members. It made me think that he might not feel that there is someone who cares about him like a brother. Dareus might think that most people just care about him as a statistical producer, a sack machine, but would kick him to the curb, just like they would kick anyone to the curb that isn't in their own family. I like how Bob Malooga extends his compassion toward those whom are outside his own family.

He was already charged and arraigned for illegal speed racing, among other things. As I said I doubt the specific charge sticks, too many variables. And Marcell doesn't need to justify anything, the prosecutor does. Well just have to see how it plays out 6 months down the road.

Edited by TheLynchTrain

Defense that car did not have enough horsepower to move his fat arse at the alleged speed?

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

We only care about him as a football player. He is no good to us suspended, incarcerated or dead. He can't help us win in any of those 3 scenarios. What can we do? Not a darn thing except hope the felony drug charges get reduced and hope the misdemeanors & violations are paid off and then hope he doesn't get suspended and then hope he doesn't do anything else stupid or illegal until his contract is up and then leave it to the team to decide whether to keep him or release him. I did a litany of crazy, dumb, stupid and illegal things in my early 20's. Nobody cared except eventually the police. I also didn't play in the NFL or for the Bills. I eventually straightened out maybe he will too before he ends up in jail or dead because that's exactly where he is headed.

Edited by kasper13

Hey Marcel,

If you need a shadow, a responsible fellow, who will look out for you and steer you right, and teach you how to race from light to light, with all of the key hazards keen in foresight, so that you can stick it to all other defensive lineman, be sure that you're on the right side of justice, but still make Camaros, Firebirds, and such, shy away at your sight, I am your wingMAN.

PM me, Marcel.

We will take all comers together, and kick their mother loving asses, and get their slips together.

LET'S RIDE. SERIOUSLY.