WVAU TV Marcel Dareus arrested-edit-again

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I saw a few jabs throughout the thread. But perhaps many were just worried about hurting his self of steam. B-)

To be fair, there could have been a TON of jokes and I would've been surprised there weren't more.

Our big guy crashing into a buffet at high speeds?

Really?!?

By the way, is it really a shock to anyone that Marcell was in a race to the front of the line for a buffet?? Just wondering....

Marcell needs to practice driving fast. So he won't be late to any more team functions. Those fines from coach add up.

kj

I can tell you Dareus wasn't high when he was speeding. Driving fast is the last thing you do when you're high.

Uh...I got some friends who would argue otherwise.

Scariest moment of my life was whipping around the winding, hilly roads of Rte. 15 in Central PA doing triple digits after my buddy had just ripped a blunt.

Matt Warren@MattRichWarren 36m

Marcell Dareus applies for pre-trial intervention, per report http://sbn.to/1kNrGUi via @BuffRumblings

There's an ESPN article linked on TBD

The pre-trial intervention program, which Giddens said is common in cases of marijuana and cocaine possession, includes drug counseling and could eventually result in Dareus' case being dismissed.' :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The pre-trial intervention program, which Giddens said is common in cases of marijuana and cocaine possession, includes drug counseling and could eventually result in Dareus' case being dismissed.' :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Let's hope so and also that he can stay out of trouble going fwd.

This is what will end up happening.

Let's hope so and also that he can stay out of trouble going fwd.

I'll say this, that I know first-hand, in New York State one of those court intervention programs in an effort to reduce a felony is called Drug Court - which every state has in one capacity or another, and it's an effective program for helping people who truly want to be drug-free and live clean and sober, but...and here's the caveat, most of the time, if a person fails to complete the program, the consequences are enhanced for the offender, meaning in such a case, a person may get Probation with front-end jail time - a felony in NYS for a drug crime is 5 years of Probation - but in an intervention program, b/c they are being afforded an opportunity to avoid jail and / or Probation at the on-set, their alternative could be one or more years in jail or prison...just for the debate and add some NYS perspective to the discussion...not for or against, just providing some info...FWIW