Joe B.: 5 Bills that could be in danger of being cut

Joe Buscaglia@JoeBuscaglia 19m

5 Bills that could be in danger of being cut http://bit.ly/1k0yWgf

Not sure I would cut either Pears or Urbik. OL depth is really critical and do we want 2 rookies starting right away and no one behind them? Bills have the cap space to keep these guys, right? I repeat, OL depth is critical.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Joe Buscaglia@JoeBuscaglia 19m

5 Bills that could be in danger of being cut http://bit.ly/1k0yWgf

Not sure I would cut either Pears or Urbik. OL depth is really critical and do we want 2 rookies starting right away and no one behind them? Bills have the cap space to keep these guys, right? I repeat, OL depth is critical.

I agree with you Yolo. I have both Urbik & Pears on my 53. Urbik is still underrated and can fill back up guard an center. I think cutting him would be a mistake. Pears I am a little less passionate about but I think that he is a decent football player that can play a variety of positions. I suppose that if Hairston is healthy than they can keep him instead (I had both on my initial 53).

I agree with you Yolo. I have both Urbik & Pears on my 53. Urbik is still underrated and can fill back up guard an center. I think cutting him would be a mistake. Pears I am a little less passionate about but I think that he is a decent football player that can play a variety of positions. I suppose that if Hairston is healthy than they can keep him instead (I had both on my initial 53).

your both right. In a season where we have seemingly went all in on, you can't risk your success on an injury. So even if Pears and Urbik ride the pine, it's worth it to keep them. The cap isn't in any danger of being over, so why cut them?

The others on the list I think are gone.

I'm hoping to see some immediate impact from those three rookies, OT Cyrus Kouandjio, OG Cyril Richardson, and OT Seantrel Henderson. Should the latter two become starters, then the times are a changing at OBD.

Then the Bills snagged JJ Unga from the Ravens practice squad last year.

The Bills could field a much better line this year imo

I believe Urbik is the only Back up Center listed on the rosters that I have seen...if Buffalo has any other players that can back up Center they aren't telling anybody else about it from what I can tell....I wouldn't mind it if they start 2 rookies on the right side this year...Buffalo wouldn't be the first or last team to do that....now if we could just get a long snapper that can play another position as well..lol

What about Doug Legursky? Was he not the worst starter on the line last year. Should he not be on the endangered list? He would be on mine...

i think this is mostly a list of guys that are endangered of getting cut. Who here really thought Legursky actually had a chance of being in the team? He's 100% gone. No way he stays.

The thought that Urbik is in danger of being cut is silly. He's a solid player, and even if he does lose the starting job, he'd be a valuable back-up at both Guard & Center. Also his cap hit over the next 3 seasons are negligible. Urbik isn't going anywhere.

The four other players mentioned are definitely on the hot seat.

i think this is mostly a list of guys that are endangered of getting cut. Who here really thought Legursky actually had a chance of being in the team? He's 100% gone. No way he stays.

I don't know. I can see him staying. He is a solid back-up-- can play both guard and center positions. He just can't start-- way too small and gets worn down over the long haul.

I can't recall exactly, but I also think his contract is a back-up contract-- so he might stay over, say, Urbik, if one of the young guys beats out Urbik.