2014 Bills OTAs

Bills' C.J. Spiller: 'This is the best I've felt since 2012'

The Buffalo Bills have one of the NFL's deepest backfields, but their ability to scorch teams on the ground this season will boil down to a healthy C.J. Spiller.

The dynamic runner was never the same after suffering a high ankle sprain in Week 4, but Spiller told the team's official site that he rolled into OTAs this week at full strength.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was looking into Mike Rodak's report from earlier this week and he seemed to list our entire WR corps except Marcus Easley - is he still on the team? Don't expect much from him, but I was thinking he would be good to have around for ST at least.

IIRC, he had an offseason "procedure" and has been limited thus far in OTAs.

OTA 3: Team drills take center stage <4:08>

The third day of Bills OTAs saw more team-based drills than the last two days as players become more comfortable with the system.

After just a few periods of individual drills, approximately the last hour of practice was spent in either seven-on-seven or eleven-on-eleven drills. Coaches are now more interested in seeing which players are able to grasp the schemes that they are teaching and translate it to impact plays on the field.

Bills TEs not worried about respect

Before the draft a month ago, many experts pegged the Bills biggest need as tight end. More than a few draftniks had Buffalo choosing TE Eric Ebron from North Carolina in the first round.

We know how that played out. And now after one week of OTAs, the Bills tight ends held over from last year are making big plays in the workouts.

QB Lewis-no more playing catch-up

Quarterback Thad Lewis wound up getting five starts for the Bills in 2013. Which was pretty amazing, considering he wasn’t even on the roster until late August.

Lewis had to go through a crash course in Buffalo’s offense on the fly to get ready to start in mid-October against the Bengals.

This year, it’s a totally different story. Lewis wrapped up the first week of OTAs Friday with confidence in his command of the offense, something he could not say last season.

The time is now for Bills' Duke Williams

When Jairus Byrd left the Buffalo Bills just a few days into the free agent period last March, his absence left a void that the team said numerous times they were going to fill internally. One of those options is the virtually unknown Duke Williams. Head inside to read up on Williams and his progress!

I love this. As much as I used to dislike these guys when they weren't here, I am looking forward to seeing some swagger by Schwartz and Spikes.

This ^ .

Thinking this defense is going make some Offenses take very seriously. Down to a player.

I am quite sure when Spikes drives some poor RB off his feet into the ground i will squeal jsut before i start into my Kiko Growl.

These guys are going to wind each other up and Jim is just going to let the dogs run with our secondary.

Crazy how much i hated Brandon Spikes and now i am f'n thrilled for him to bring the lumber.

@JoeBuscaglia

Bills OTA observations: Day 3 http://bit.ly/1oE8ATj

Interesting read 26 .

In the name of all that is holy and good I only have one question, "WTF took you so !@#$ing long?"

3) Stop the presses: Spiller, Jackson in same formation

- An idea that has been brought up time and time again by media and fans alike, the Bills showed off a few different looks that had both Fred Jackson and C.J. Spiller on the field. Predictably, Jackson was the man in the backfield while Spiller was the more athletic type that was motioned to different parts of the formation. If they can develop that and create a lot of side plays for either player based on those looks, that will be putting two of their better playmakers on the field at one time.

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/9034669.php?pid=405332

2) Manuel looks more relaxed - While he’s still missing some throws, EJ Manuel doesn’t look nearly as eager to get the ball out of his hands as quickly as possible as he did around this time last year. That was a big problem of his in 2013 throughout the season, and the stress has been to try and slow down the game and not overreact to adverse situations within the pocket. Manuel was waiting on routes with receivers coming open and making some good reads, the placement of the ball just has to be better at times. He will have a relapse every once and again, like when Nickell Robey read his eyes and jumped right in front of a pass for an interception. For the most part, though, Manuel seems a bit more settled.

Not what I wanted to see, but unfortunately, what I expected..