Boycott Bon Jovi

Didn't see this video posted, sorry if it was...

http://www.wgrz.com/...uffalo/9356427/

Whether you think the ban is a good idea or not (I think it's fun and people shouldn't read too much into it), the following line toward the end of the report made me lol.

"What would you say to Jon Bon Jovi right now if he walked into your bar? Would you serve him a beer?" asked Channel 2's Kelly Dudzik.

"No, I'd tell him, look, do what you know and open a hair salon and leave football alone," says Jagiello.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the boycott is great. It's blue collar, loyal Bills fans who've supported the team for 50+ years vs. a big hair pop-rock artist who sold out a long time ago and wants to take their team away from them. These people don't have the money that Bon Jovi has but the optics are horrible for him.

Edited by BuffaloRebound

I was there. If I recall correctly, it was 1980 or 1981. I remember spending the night in front of a Record Theatre in college town when I was at Cornell to get tickets.

They also were there in 75, so 2xs

Haters gonna hate. I personally like his music. Livin' on a prayer? You give love a bad name?

Those are classic.

I've never cared for him personally. Awful politics, nonsense with Sambora, and now this ownership debacle. That being said, New Jersey was an awesome album.

Edited by SmokinES3

I'm a bass player and I've never liked JBJ's music, HOWEVER, "Livin' on a Prayer" has always topped my list of "Lame Songs with Awesome Bass Lines." That's more a credit to JBJ's former bass player Alex Jon Such than it is to the haircut himself.

This Bon Jovi boycott cannot rank any lower on the stupidity meter. Don't play his songs on your bar juke box? DJ's don't play any of their music? Bands don't include any of their songs in your set lists? :lol: :lol:

If you want to start a petition against his potential ownership of the team go ahead(not that it makes any difference in how this plays out), but all this other stuff is petty. What's next? A bonfire where you burn anything Bon Jovi related? :doh:

Why not? It's a fun thing to do to show our distaste for his intentions. We know it won't have any effect on how the sale plays out, it's just a way of showing we as fans don't care for what he is trying to do with out team.

Thank you Labatts for some common sense. This is hardly news worthy and the idea local channels and media outlets are making this "news" makes the whole area look ridiculous. The Toronto group has no chance of buying the team. After the Bills are sold they can try and obtain an expansion team. That's fine. But this boycott Bon Jovi thing is a bit over sensitive and small time.

While sitting at the bus stop with my daughter this morning, in Jenks America (HS football capital of Oklahoma, BTW), listening to my favorite channel, the lady DJ brings this up..."So Jon Bon Jovi is trying to buy the Buffalo Bills and move them to Canada, apparantly. People in New York are furious about it and are protesting with a boycott of all things Bon Jovi." As she chuckles, Dead or Alive is spooling up in the background. "Not here," she says, "Turn it up!" I quickly changed the station.

I guess it was covered on FOX this morning too, so I guess this is as news worthy as most of the the other BS the bubble headed bleach blondes bring us. Kudos to those of you raising NATIONAL awareness! With the exception some of the !@#$ Cowboy fans I'm surrounded by, I think most of football loving America supports Buffalo in this matter.

GO BILLS!

I would like to see one of you photoshoppers do a herd of Buffalo Bills logos trampeling JBJ.