Kenny Guiton

@mikerodak

The Bills don’t have a QB on their roster eligible to participate, so Ohio State’s Kenny Guiton will throw to Sammy Watkins this weekend.

I feel like that's a silly rule. You'd think the CBA would make some sort of exception for a qb at these events even if he's not technically eligible

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mikerodak

The Bills don’t have a QB on their roster eligible to participate, so Ohio State’s Kenny Guiton will throw to Sammy Watkins this weekend.

Hmmm. I wonder if that is the only reason they brought him in... well, hope he took advantage of the opportunity, regardless. I'll root for him wherever he goes.

Reports are Sammy Watkins caught everything. High passes, low passes, passes behind him. Just keep in mind there was only one QB at Rookie Camp. :rolleyes:

Who was reported to have thrown some really bad stinkers... One of which was posted in the Watkins caught everything thread (he didnt catch that one, even though he was able to touch it). We'll see, would be cool if he can make it as the teams 3rd QB, and grab 2nd QB spot next year (yes the Kurt Warner scenario), but don't underestimate Tuel. Tuel has actually played games last year and should have made major progressions during the offseason similar to what we expect out of EJ. Thad has been in the league a bit longer so I doubt he'll progress as much allthough he als got his first real game game experience last year. Having 3 QBs on your roster with actual NFL regular season playing time is worth a lot. They'll be prepared a hell of a lot better then some rookie if they are called upon on gameday.

Edited by bladiebla

I'm still trying to figure out why they took the linebacker from Louisville over Borland from Wisconsin. That puzzles me.

But Kenny G, he got some vibe going. He wouldn't come to Buffalo if he didn't think he had a shot. And they wouldn't bring him in unless they had a reason to believe. Maybe he's the next undrafted star, like Jason Peters or Nickell Robey. Or maybe he's the next remake of Hayley Mills.

They needed someone to throw the ball during rookie mini camp.

That winner doesn't even technically have a job at this point. He has to show and prove just to get a shot to have one.

I hope he wins 3rd string over Tuel.... The way Tuel releases and lofts ball has to be the ugliest and 1 of worst i've seen ANY QB throw.... He doesnt even deserve a spot on practice squad.

Ej #1, Thad #2 Kenny #3

They needed someone to throw the ball during rookie mini camp.

Plus we have a roster QB wise where the most opportunity is to make it to the roster given last years performance. Offcourse an agent will advise his client to take a shot with us.

Edited by bladiebla

Many of us last year were wondering why they took that LB from Oregon instead of Brown from Kansas State. ;)

Very good point! I watched almost all of Louisville's games last yr and they had a stout D and he was everywhere on the field for them. Our LB corp went from being a big question mark outside of Kiko entering off season to now, being 1 of our deepest positions.... Considering we will be running a 4/3 (last yr was a hybrid by still had some 3/4 in it) so we will need just 3 starters at LB and with Kiko moving outside which is where he is much better suited. He had great yr last yr, but he got run over alot and we got gashed for ALOT of big plays on the ground. This yr, he will be freer coming off outside and chasing ball down with having Spikes inside to do the dirty work.

I dont think it will take too long for Brown to be on field. Rivers is very talented and even tho he hasnt lived up to his draft day status, he is a viable starter but is very injury prone. With having Brown around who can play ALL 3 LB positions.

I'm very curious as to how they use Lawson... he's much better suited for a 3/4 but he's coming off a productive yr and is stong vs run. Pass rushing is not his strength and dont really know how he would do as 1st and 2nd down DE opposite Mario and having Hughes take his spot in passing situations. I do think we could be situational LB .

Between those 5 guys at LB and still a guy like Bradham who has the physical talent and hasnt yet really materialized but is a solid ST and will really have to fight just to make roster this yr...

Last LB had scrubs for back ups and Moats/ Bradham tandem were the main reason we were so awful vs run. We had alot of games that we were doing great vs run, then boom, 2-3 big plays and all of a sudden, before u know, opponent would have 150 yards on ground... With our DL being the 1 of best in NFL, let along division, its up to the LB's to "finish" the play and far too many times they whiffed and RB's were able to get 1 on 1's with our safeties...

Very good point! I watched almost all of Louisville's games last yr and they had a stout D and he was everywhere on the field for them. Our LB corp went from being a big question mark outside of Kiko entering off season to now, being 1 of our deepest positions.... Considering we will be running a 4/3 (last yr was a hybrid by still had some 3/4 in it) so we will need just 3 starters at LB and with Kiko moving outside which is where he is much better suited. He had great yr last yr, but he got run over alot and we got gashed for ALOT of big plays on the ground. This yr, he will be freer coming off outside and chasing ball down with having Spikes inside to do the dirty work.

I dont think it will take too long for Brown to be on field. Rivers is very talented and even tho he hasnt lived up to his draft day status, he is a viable starter but is very injury prone. With having Brown around who can play ALL 3 LB positions.

I'm very curious as to how they use Lawson... he's much better suited for a 3/4 but he's coming off a productive yr and is stong vs run. Pass rushing is not his strength and dont really know how he would do as 1st and 2nd down DE opposite Mario and having Hughes take his spot in passing situations. I do think we could be situational LB .

Between those 5 guys at LB and still a guy like Bradham who has the physical talent and hasnt yet really materialized but is a solid ST and will really have to fight just to make roster this yr...

Last LB had scrubs for back ups and Moats/ Bradham tandem were the main reason we were so awful vs run. We had alot of games that we were doing great vs run, then boom, 2-3 big plays and all of a sudden, before u know, opponent would have 150 yards on ground... With our DL being the 1 of best in NFL, let along division, its up to the LB's to "finish" the play and far too many times they whiffed and RB's were able to get 1 on 1's with our safeties...

I agree. My main concern on defense now is DE opposite Mario. But it's not a major concern so much as a "I wish they had someone as dominant."

Sounds like Guiton had a rough weekend, per Joe B's report.

Who was reported to have thrown some really bad stinkers... One of which was posted in the Watkins caught everything thread (he didnt catch that one, even though he was able to touch it). We'll see, would be cool if he can make it as the teams 3rd QB, and grab 2nd QB spot next year (yes the Kurt Warner scenario), but don't underestimate Tuel. Tuel has actually played games last year and should have made major progressions during the offseason similar to what we expect out of EJ. Thad has been in the league a bit longer so I doubt he'll progress as much allthough he als got his first real game game experience last year. Having 3 QBs on your roster with actual NFL regular season playing time is worth a lot. They'll be prepared a hell of a lot better then some rookie if they are called upon on gameday.

Since Guiton reportedly was pretty inaccurate, it is a very good sign that Watkins caught virtually all of his errant passes.