Two plays for two players and one setup- Spiller/Watkins

Adam

The interaction of these two great athletes and their ability to use each other to make plays will be interesting- and the growth of the team may hinge on it.

1. The double reverse- get the defense flowing with Spiller (the speed helps with that) and pitch it to Watkins. The misdirection could completely ruin team's gap control and open up huge, potential scoring plays.

2. The fake reverse- same as above, but when defenses get wise to it, run the fake one. Have Spiller hold the ball, when the backside is protected. Less defenders to elude.

Those two can lead to a bunch of other plays, like a flea flicker.

The interaction of these two great athletes and their ability to use each other to make plays will be interesting- and the growth of the team may hinge on it.

1. The double reverse- get the defense flowing with Spiller (the speed helps with that) and pitch it to Watkins. The misdirection could completely ruin team's gap control and open up huge, potential scoring plays.

2. The fake reverse- same as above, but when defenses get wise to it, run the fake one. Have Spiller hold the ball, when the backside is protected. Less defenders to elude.

I think Sammy throws a nice long ball, on top of everything else.

Can we just win more then 8 football games? Glitz and glam is fun and might get some plays but it is not a mark of a good team.

I'm fine with that- I wasn't really talking about running gimmicks on every down. Just ways of getting the talent to play off each other, to create things offensively. More conceptual, than anything.

I will believe this when Nate commits to putting his best 11 players on the field. If you have FJ in the backfield, Watkins in the slot and Spiller on the Outside, Woods on the other side, this could be a serious mismatch.

1. The double reverse-

Unless you are trying to be funny (which this whole thread seems to be), I think you mean a reverse, not Double reverse.

In a reverse, the ball carrier starts out (lets say) left, then pitches/hands to a wr who reverses the direction of the play and runs right.

A Double reverse, almost never seen in today's NFL, would be start left, pitch to a wr who runs right, and then pitches again to another guy who goes back left again. With today's fast upfield pressure, I'm not sure a double reverse would work. It takes sooooo long to develop.

BUT, since Sammy seems to have run so many screens in college, lets see if he can throw. Hit him with a screen behind the line, and have him fire it to somebody. Hell, he might win the QB competition, such as it is.

Unless you are trying to be funny (which this whole thread seems to be), I think you mean a reverse, not Double reverse.

In a reverse, the ball carrier starts out (lets say) left, then pitches/hands to a wr who reverses the direction of the play and runs right.

A Double reverse, almost never seen in today's NFL, would be start left, pitch to a wr who runs right, and then pitches again to another guy who goes back left again. With today's fast upfield pressure, I'm not sure a double reverse would work. It takes sooooo long to develop.

BUT, since Sammy seems to have run so many screens in college, lets see if he can throw. Hit him with a screen behind the line, and have him fire it to somebody. Hell, he might win the QB competition, such as it is.

I've been watching Clemson's games on YouTube, so far I've seen Sammy attempt one pass. It wasn't pretty. Had a guy wide open in the end zone. Put so much air under the ball the DB had time to recover.

That would be a reverse. ;)

If you want a double you'll have to involve Graham or Goodwin.