How long till Sammy signs ?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given we got him at 4, it's early enough that there should not be any hard ball to play. The dollars are slotted and we should be giving him all the standard top 5 perks (ie fully guaranteed)

Edited by NoSaint

Couple things:

1. It'll probably happen within the next two weeks.

2. Nearly impossible to play hardball with the new rookie scale.

3. !@#$! I didn't know Eugene Parker was his agent. Almost makes me pissed we made the move for him now.

Can't blame him for retaining Parker. He's a douche... and exactly the douche I would hire in Sammy's position. Same thing with Boras in MLB. It's ignorant not to go with the guys that get their clients the most financial security consistently.

??? So dont read it

He can't help it. This thread is like a NASCAR race- sure it's nothing but a bunch of rednecks driving around in circles for hours, but people watch holding out hope that there's a fiery ten car pileup. We posters are always looking for that thread that devolves into utter chaos. This one has potential.

Couple things:

1. It'll probably happen within the next two weeks.

2. Nearly impossible to play hardball with the new rookie scale.

3. !@#$! I didn't know Eugene Parker was his agent. Almost makes me pissed we made the move for him now.

Well, better sign him to the 5yr deal. He`ll be gone after that.

The only potential hold up is whether or not there is offset language. Typically top 5 picks don't have offset language but Mack's contract does. If the Bills try to put it in it may drag some. Otherwise he will be signed soon.

Given the high price paid, I'm guessing (hoping??) that won't be an issue from the bills end. You have to think they are prepared to give the full dollars and concessions that are customary and there's really not much else Watkins side could conceivably ask for.

ahhhhh this stupid mickey mouse organization. when will you all realize you're just drinking the Kool-Aid? Wake up! this team is doooooooomed.

****please do not read if your sarcasm monitor is outdated******

Given the high price paid, I'm guessing (hoping??) that won't be an issue from the bills end. You have to think they are prepared to give the full dollars and concessions that are customary and there's really not much else Watkins side could conceivably ask for.

Agree, Bandit & I were talking about it yesterday. He said that the highest drafted player with offset language prior to Mack was taken 8th overall. I would have to think that the Bills will concede on that. I just hope that the Mack contract didn't open pandora's box. I think that you are dead on though. The Bills love Watkins so I don't see them picking this battle.