Oline both big & talented

I cant remember the Bills having such a big line and having 2#1's, 2 #2s & 1 #3 on the line - what an incredible contrast to the Tom Donahoe years of the ;donut hole'.

LT #2 Gordy Glenn 6'6 345lbs

LG #1 Chris Williams 6'6 325lbs

C #1 Eric Woods 6'4 310lbs

RG #3 Kraig Urbik 6'5 325lbs

RT #2 Cyrus Kouandjo 6'7 325lbs

backup OG #4 Cyril Richardson 6'4 330lbs

backup OT #7 Seantrel Henderson 6'8 345lbs

our oline was not good, barely average if that last season. so not sure why they would be referred to as talented. hopefully these rookies can pan out. we still may have large gaps at rt and guard.

our oline was not good, barely average if that last season. so not sure why they would be referred to as talented. hopefully these rookies can pan out. we still may have large gaps at rt and guard.

Our oline was not good at pass protection. You don't get to be the 2nd best running offense by luck when both RB's were injured most of the season.

Every QB was dropped by the guy pressing LG more often that RT or RG because Legursky and Brown were awful.

Edited by The Wiz

And yes 4 of the guys indicated were added AFTER the season ended. Or did ya kinda miss that part?

Our oline was not good at pass protection. You don't get to be the 2nd best running offense by luck when both RB's were injured most of the season.

We ran the ball the most times last year, not the best per carry or even close to per carry. Our O line was not good last year! I believe it was more due to the two holes at LG and RT than it was to the lack of talent. Glenn and Wood are very good. Urbik could be above average at worst average.

And yes 4 of the guys indicated were added AFTER the season ended. Or did ya kinda miss that part?

This.

We ran the ball the most times last year, not the best per carry or even close to per carry. Our O line was not good last year! I believe it was more due to the two holes at LG and RT than it was to the lack of talent. Glenn and Wood are very good. Urbik could be above average at worst average.

And this.

How many times per game would you run the ball with your backup and 3rd string QB starting 6 games? We had about 70 rushing attempts by QB alone last season between all 3 QB's.

Edited by The Wiz

I'm not expecting much from C Williams. Hopefully the Cyril can push him right from the get go and take over for the opener.

I'm thinking Richardson is better suited at LG because that's where he played in college, which would make the transition to the pros easier. Hopefully he wins it or CW proves to be a stud.

I thought Urbik played poorly last year. Then again, his decline (at least in part) may have something to do with playing next to Eric Pears who was absolutely dreadful.

If only they had known that Colin Brown and Doug Legursky were so bad. If they had, the line would have been much better.

Chris Williams was a first round pick who's on his 3rd team in 7 seasons. Urbik was on the practice squad in Pittsburgh when Buffalo scooped him up. It wouldn't surprise me if Cyril Richardson beats out Urbik as the latter's contract isn't tiny for a RG.

The O-line can only go as far as the strength/talent level goes, and what the coaches do with the play calling to get the most out of them. Your game plan/play calling MUST match the level of talent that you have. That goes for all positions, so EVERYTHING rests on the shoulders of Marrone/Hackett/Schwartz/Crossman. Lord help us...

The offensive line is only as good as its worst player

Glenn - one of the top LT's in the league

LG - Question mark....now...I like Chris Williams a lot more then a lot of people on this board and definately think he is a upgrade over what we had. I also like Richardson and couldnt believe he was available in the 5th

Center - Woods....healthy season....looks like we are good there

RG - Urbik...once again...I like Urbik a lot more then most on this board....there were games where he has graded out as our best O linemen

RT - Kujo is gonna nail this down quick....I dont Pears gets another start

Then you have the backup guys at Guard you have Richardson and the Islander they were really high on last year....at Tackle you have Pears, Hairston, and our 7th round pick who has 1st round talent

Yeah I think we are better.......

Rookie OL can adapt to the NFL pretty quickly, faster than most positions. Basically the same concept.....you plow over the guy you're supposed to. The draft class of OL are all massive and pancakers. I think this line can DOMINATE. Wood is great, Cordy is very good, and the other veterans are decent. Hairston may be a wild card, if he's healthy he might just play. I can't wait to watch these boys maul their way through the league. Yeaah,...