Oline both big & talented

The offensive line is only as good as its worst player

Glenn - one of the top LT's in the league

LG - Question mark....now...I like Chris Williams a lot more then a lot of people on this board and definately think he is a upgrade over what we had. I also like Richardson and couldnt believe he was available in the 5th

Center - Woods....healthy season....looks like we are good there

RG - Urbik...once again...I like Urbik a lot more then most on this board....there were games where he has graded out as our best O linemen

RT - Kujo is gonna nail this down quick....I dont Pears gets another start

Then you have the backup guys at Guard you have Richardson and the Islander they were really high on last year....at Tackle you have Pears, Hairston, and our 7th round pick who has 1st round talent

Yeah I think we are better.......

The improvement in this group and their performance is going to be the key factor in determining just how much the Bills improve both statistically on offense and scoring along with the win/loss column. Glenn and Wood are the only returning veterans certain to start this season. The starters in the other 3 spots will be determined by what should be the most competitive training camp and pre-season in many years. After much neglect this could be a position of strength this season.

The improvement in this group and their performance is going to be the key factor in determining just how much the Bills improve both statistically on offense and scoring along with the win/loss column. Glenn and Wood are the only returning veterans certain to start this season. The starters in the other 3 spots will be determined by what should be the most competitive training camp and pre-season in many years. After much neglect this could be a position of strength this season.

I agree with most of this. A strong running game will be EJ's best friend, but he still has to be able to take advantage of the deep ball opportunities that play-action will open up.

Bulk is good but you need athleticism also. LT requires quick feet, good balance, power, and bulk. Guards have to be able to run at least 15 yards in order to pull. Tackles need to be able to run sometimes too. RTs are facing a lot of teams who put their premium pass rusher on the defense's left side, simply because a lot of RTs are huge but whatever the opposite of agile is. And they all have to be smart.

So this enormous line sounds great, but this isn't a game of just falling forward onto the D lineman. (Case in point, Eric Pears who is a huge guy too.) Let's see if these guys can really play.

Bulk is good but you need athleticism also. LT requires quick feet, good balance, power, and bulk. Guards have to be able to run at least 15 yards in order to pull. Tackles need to be able to run sometimes too. RTs are facing a lot of teams who put their premium pass rusher on the defense's left side, simply because a lot of RTs are huge but whatever the opposite of agile is. And they all have to be smart.

So this enormous line sounds great, but this isn't a game of just falling forward onto the D lineman. (Case in point, Eric Pears who is a huge guy too.) Let's see if these guys can really play.

And that is why you put ROT's out there with tremendous length (like Kujo).....

Thats the point (and title) of the original post - its SIZE & TALENT displayed by the two #1s Two #2s and one #3....these are not a bunch of over weight 6th round draft picks/....

I cant remember the Bills having such a big line and having 2#1's, 2 #2s & 1 #3 on the line - what an incredible contrast to the Tom Donahoe years of the ;donut hole'.

LT #2 Gordy Glenn 6'6 345lbs

LG #1 Chris Williams 6'6 325lbs

C #1 Eric Woods 6'4 310lbs

RG #3 Kraig Urbik 6'5 325lbs

RT #2 Cyrus Kouandjo 6'7 325lbs

backup OG #4 Cyril Richardson 6'4 330lbs

backup OT #7 Seantrel Henderson 6'8 345lbs

Williams & Urbik were both outright cut by the teams that drafted them after only a few years, They had no trade value at all. Once that happened, IMO you can put a great big asterisk next to their 1st-round & 3rd-round pedigrees,

That being said, I like what Urbik has given us, he's been a decent reclamation project. I hope Williams can give us more of the same, at least if Richardson doesn't quickly pan out.

the potential seems to be there for the best five of these guys to be a punishing, mauling type of o-line that can impose their will and tire out a defense. obviously this is a best case scenario, but there does seem to be a nice blend of beef and ability with the guys we are all hoping emerge as the starters. certainly they should be capable of opening some good holes for our running back stable, it would be a thing of beauty to watch this team get a lead and be able to just shove a defense down the field.

Williams & Urbik were both outright cut by the teams that drafted them after only a few years, They had no trade value at all. Once that happened, IMO you can put a great big asterisk next to their 1st-round & 3rd-round pedigrees,

That being said, I like what Urbik has given us, he's been a decent reclamation project. I hope Williams can give us more of the same, at least if Richardson doesn't quickly pan out.

Didn't we pluck Urbik off the Squealers practice squad?

I have always been a big fan of adding talented offensive linemen & feel that games are won and lost in the trenches. Marrone and Hackett absolutely love to run the ball so there is no question the line had to be addressed after last season's dismal performance.

Cyrus K is a day 1 starter @ RT and gets the worst rated RT against the run off the field in Erik Pears. The more I hear come out of his kid's mouth, the more I love the pick and Whaley's trade up for Watkins that was able to save our 41st pick. I'm feeling like the player they would get with their 2015 1st round pick will not be as good as this kid.

"Last night, the Bills traded up to get Sammy Watkins. The Bills circled back in Round 2 to fill their other major need at offensive tackle. Kouandjio slipped to the second round mostly because of a knee injury and the rumors surrounding it. He is a big, powerful tackle; think Phil Loadholt from Minnesota. He's so long that not many can get by him in pass protection." -- Mike Mayock

In any other draft, Kouandjio is a 1st round pick:

BOTTOM LINE Massive, long-limbed, inconsistent, overhyped college left tackle whose sheer dimensions, raw tools and high ceiling are far more appealing than his snap-to-snap performance at this stage of his development. Has enough length and anchor strength to survive on the left side, though he will never be a dancing bear, and he projects more ideally as a bulldozing right tackle in a power scheme.

Listening to his interviews, the kid sounds like a born leader. I love what I'm hearing from him. His knee really doesn't worry me since our Dr's cleared him, Dr. James Andrews cleared him, and the fact that he did not miss a single practice or game after the surgery. The dude is 322 lbs with only 16% body fat. We now have 2 massive bookend OT's for the forseeable future in Glenn and him.

Then Whaley goes and steals Cyril Richardson in the 5th round! I think he will push Urbik from day 1 in TC for that starting RG spot.

Was an Outland Trophy finalist in 2013, when he started all 13 games at left guard, grading out at 89 percent with 89 knockdowns. Was the Big 12 Offensive Lineman of the Year (coaches) his final two seasons.

Baylor has had one of the best offenses in the entire nation during his time there. The only knock on this kid was a poor Senior Bowl and concerns about his weight; he should've been as easy 2nd round pick. I feel like our training staff can keep right in that 325-330 lb zone where is most effective.

Enough balance, coordination and foot speed to pull and trap effectively. Has played tackle and guard. Conditioned in an up-tempo, no-huddle offense.

Can't wait to see the holes that him and Cyrus open up for Spiller and Bryce Brown.