I Have a Concern

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He will sign his rookie contract with a swift stroke of the pen. When his contract is up, assuming he produces the way we want him to, Parker will get a kings ransom for him to stay. Or if we are lucky we can franchise him and he realizes that Parker is just using him and signs with a different agent.... fat chance.

Does anyone know whether any Bills have Parker as their agent, who the Bills haven't had a hard time re-signing? After Jason Peters and Byrd, it seems like Parker's goal in life is to get the really good Bills players he represents, out of Buffalo.

Parker is Carlos Hyde's agent as well, and the Bills were trying to get him too. So I don't think Whaley is scared of him. He wasn't here for the Peters situation and I think Byrd's was something he inherited and perhaps could have/would have handled differently from the beginning had he been in the seat to do so at the time.

Parker is Carlos Hyde's agent as well, and the Bills were trying to get him too. So I don't think Whaley is scared of him. He wasn't here for the Peters situation and I think Byrd's was something he inherited and perhaps could have/would have handled differently from the beginning had he been in the seat to do so at the time.

Nor should he be. Parker is one the most respected agents in the entire industry. By all indications the Bills met Byrd's demands, he just didn't want to play here.

Peters was a different story, but the Bills got great value from that trade

Hopefully the Sammy Watkins contract signing process goes smoothly and quickly. I have a concern that his agent Eugene Parker is going to make some demands that will be hard for the Bills to accept. Consequently delaying the bonding process between Manuel and Watkins.

Interesting that you mention this. Of Manuel's starting WRs, and we'll include the below-average Williams, he's thrown a grand total of 40 completions, all to Woods.

Now I like Woods as much as the next Bills fan, but so far he hasn't even proven that he'll be a perennial 1,000-yard receiver, Watkins is new on the team as is Williams.

And we're expecting to "win now"?

Jackson's got one foot out the door, this hype over Bryce Brown, a former 7th rounder that didn't even run the ball in college and who has done nothing significant running the ball in the NFL can't be counted on. As we all now know, Spiller's a role player.

Just stating that I'm not sure I like the emperor's new set of clothes all that much.

It's going to be difficult to win with that crew. An improved OL will help if in fact Cyrus is really that good right away, but putting the whole load on Watkins sounds kinda silly to me. We haven't even come close to winning with the likes of the others in years.

I see major chemistry issues, at least initially, as in the first half of the season, between Manuel and his WRs.

Edited by TaskersGhost

Interesting that you mention this. Of Manuel's starting WRs, and we'll include the below-average Williams, he's thrown a grand total of 40 completions, all to Woods.

Now I like Woods as much as the next Bills fan, but so far he hasn't even proven that he'll be a perennial 1,000-yard receiver, Watkins is new on the team as is Williams.

And we're expecting to "win now"?

Jackson's got one foot out the door, this hype over Bryce Brown, a former 7th rounder that didn't even run the ball in college and who has done nothing significant running the ball in the NFL can't be counted on. As we all now know, Spiller's a role player.

Just stating that I'm not sure I like the emperor's new set of clothes all that much.

It's going to be difficult to win with that crew. An improved OL will help if in fact Cyrus is really that good right away, but putting the whole load on Watkins sounds kinda silly to me. We haven't even come close to winning with the likes of the others in years.

I see major chemistry issues, at least initially, as in the first half of the season, between Manuel and his WRs.

:lol:

If Watkins wants to sign an extension with the Bills when the time comes (and, of course, the Bills want to extend him, we assume they will but we don't know what will happen), they will get a deal done. It takes two sides to have the same goal to get a long-term deal done, and the Byrd situation didn't have that.

Agree, I think Byrd not resigning had as much to do about Byrd wanting out as anything. Although, the tagging process probably contributed to his opinion, as does his agent whispering in his ears. Either way, by the time Watkins is ready for an extension, there will be a new owner, and most likely a new set of financial guidelines

Watkins hasn't played one down in a Bills' uniform and some fans are worried about where he'll play in 2020. :doh:

Explain why you think that's obsurd... was it the way we retained Jason Peters? Or was it our ability to negotiate with Parker on Byrd? Naaahhh it has to be the way we retained the services of alex Carrington... yeah, that's what gives you reason to think us logical Bills fans are off our collective rockers.

No Wait... you might be drawing from our superbowl years, when He leveraged Bennet against the bills in a nasty holdout... THAT must be why we're silly for being disgusted with eugene parker. then again maybe you're going Non-Bills players, like Michael Crabtree's lengthy holdout in San Fran a reason for us to be Nut-zo for our angst against this marvelous agent, how silly of us...

Don't bother replying, I figured it out for you......