I Have a Concern

Hopefully the Sammy Watkins contract signing process goes smoothly and quickly. I have a concern that his agent Eugene Parker is going to make some demands that will be hard for the Bills to accept. Consequently delaying the bonding process between Manuel and Watkins.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rookie wage scale and slotting have taken care of this problem.

Extending/re-signing him with Parker as his agent is an entirely different scenario. Especially since Watkins will have been a four time All Pro WR at that point.

GO BILLS!!!

Hmmm.... Not good news for the extension discussion.

If Watkins wants to sign an extension with the Bills when the time comes (and, of course, the Bills want to extend him, we assume they will but we don't know what will happen), they will get a deal done. It takes two sides to have the same goal to get a long-term deal done, and the Byrd situation didn't have that.

Rookie wage scale and slotting have taken care of this problem.

Extending/re-signing him with Parker as his agent is an entirely different scenario. Especially since Watkins will have been a four time All Pro WR at that point.

GO BILLS!!!

And Super Bowl MVP!! :thumbsup:

I thought he might have signed. That could be it (jersey #). I saw that the Bears have signed Kyle Fuller today already (and their entire draft class).

Could be that too, I just thought it was a little early. Isn't there usually a little gap between the draft and signing? We shall find out...

Could be that too, I just thought it was a little early. Isn't there usually a little gap between the draft and signing? We shall find out...

There is usually a fairly big gap but with the new CBA they are signing much earlier. The jersey # actually makes a lot more sense for something he, rather than the team, would be reporting.

There is usually a fairly big gap but with the new CBA they are signing much earlier. The jersey # actually makes a lot more sense for something he, rather than the team, would be reporting.

Love me some rookie wage scale. Makes for a much less anxiety filled off season/pre season!