next big name to get cut or traded

Not that he's a huge name but either Urbik or Legursky. I think the four guards next year are the rookie Cryil, the FA they signed Williams, JJ Unga, and whichever of the two isn't cut. I recall reading late last year how Marrone liked Unga and also a late season signing tackle, can't recall his name

Yeah, he's the one I'm most concerned about. I thought he was the best player of that draft class and he's disappointed so far. He played at a pretty high level last year but I'm not sure it's a high enough level to overlook all his off field stuff.

He was high enough, alright. :ph34r:

I think Pears is a lock, but I wouldn't say he's a big name. He was very solid for a year or two.

The next actual big name that will be off this team?

I would say the big names on this team (at least at a local level) that would have some chance of leaving are:

CJ Spiller

Mario Williams

Fred Jackson

Mike Williams

Marcell Dareus

Some of those guys could easily walk in free agency so it wouldn't be a cut or trade. CJ is the most likely common answer.

Why would you cut Mario?No logic there. He had 13 sacks last year.

Mike Williams was just traded for, he's not going anywhere

Looks like you are just throwing names up because those 5 players are all key starters and not going anywhere

I think this roster is pretty well set for the season, with the exception of perhaps a couple players who are late pre-season cuts from other teams that the Bills covet. So, to the OP's question, Russ Brandon is likely to be cut/reduced in power when new ownership is announced.

Pears is a pretty easy pick. Especially if coaches see no difference between him and our other tackles.

Even though I want to keep both Hughes and Lawson, I could see one of the two being a surprise cut because they don't work for our new defense.

Other than that, anything big would be surprising, the rest of it will likely be depth guys, I'd think.

Pears assuming we don't have tackle injuries, and Hairston comes back to be our swing tackle.

Dixon, how many years can he be on the practice squad.

Urbik, he costs too much money.

Fred Jackson but not til the end of the season.

T.J. Graham. He just hasn't produced anything.

Graham is definitely one that would be hard-pressed to keep given the talent at WR and the fact that there are also guys like Hogan and Elliot who are bigger with better "upside" than Graham, unless Graham really refines a niche for himself on STs....as for Urbik, given the lack of depth on O-line, especially veteran depth, I don't think he gets cut...now, will he start if / when Richardson and or Henderson prove they can play?? Much different, and probably more salient question to development and overall Offensive line production....Pears is a guy who, like another Poster said, really depends on Hairston, IMO...if Hairston comes to camp healthy, hard to see Pears being kept

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't CJ's contract expire after this season? If that is the case, the Bills would have to trade him before this season (2014), or at least before the trade dealine in October (?...or whenever it is). If he plays out this season, without a trade, or signing an extension (remember he says he is going to "get with Jairus Byrds' agent), he is as good as gone...unless the Bills franchise him. Not sure they are going to want to get into that situation again.

Franchise.

here's a list of Bills contracts and cap hits

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/2014/

unless they split up stevies cap hit, the bills are carrying over $22 mil in DEAD MONEY this year for players NOT on the roster, that's HORRIBLE.

That's what happens when a new regime wants to get guys in there that they want. It's not that bad when you consider that.

Why would you cut Mario?No logic there. He had 13 sacks last year.

Mike Williams was just traded for, he's not going anywhere

Looks like you are just throwing names up because those 5 players are all key starters and not going anywhere

Mario's contract always makes him a possible cut. I know we wish it was as simple as production, but it's not. Every big contract has points in it that could be easy cut areas, and Mario has that pretty much every offseason from now on.

Didn't say it was likely, but all of those guys have a chance at being moved next offseason.

The only "big" name I can think of is Manny Lawson. The staff is saying he is a DE this year, and I don't know if he will excel at that position. I hope he does, because he played good last year.

Aside from that the only names I see as being cut are:

T.J. Graham

Doug Legursky

Erik Pears

Da'Norris Searcy

Ron Brooks

Pears and TJ.

Stop with the nonsense. CJ and Mario are not getting cut, period. I don't get the Mario and CJ hatred. Honestly. . .if the team doesn't field 22 All-Pro starters, people on this board go nuts with "cut them." EJ had an average rookie year. So did Peyton Manning on a bad team. I know. . .EJ should have 60 TDs, and 0 Ints and throw for 7000 yards. Enough of this nonsense, please. Jackson probably won't be cut if he puts up another good year. 890 yds on limited duty wasn't bad.

KW has a better chance of being cut than Mario, and that's ain't happening either. I'm glad none of you are GM.