next big name to get cut or traded

I think Pears is a lock, but I wouldn't say he's a big name. He was very solid for a year or two.

The next actual big name that will be off this team?

I would say the big names on this team (at least at a local level) that would have some chance of leaving are:

CJ Spiller

Mario Williams

Fred Jackson

Mike Williams

Marcell Dareus

Some of those guys could easily walk in free agency so it wouldn't be a cut or trade. CJ is the most likely common answer.

Pears assuming we don't have tackle injuries, and Hairston comes back to be our swing tackle.

Dixon, how many years can he be on the practice squad.

Urbik, he costs too much money.

Fred Jackson but not til the end of the season.

T.J. Graham. He just hasn't produced anything.

Edited by oman128

I think Pears is a lock, but I wouldn't say he's a big name. He was very solid for a year or two.

I would say the big names on this team (at least at a local level) that would have some chance of leaving are:

CJ Spiller

Mario Williams

Fred Jackson

Mike Williams

Marcell Dareus

Some of those guys could easily walk in free agency so it wouldn't be a cut or trade. CJ is the most likely common answer.

Mike Williams has no chance of getting cut since we cut Stevie

CJ Spiller

Mario Williams

Fred Jackson

Mike Williams

Marcell Dareus

I don't see Mario or Dareus leaving before 2016 season.

Pears assuming we don't have tackle injuries, and Hairston comes back to be our swing tackle.

Urbik does not cost too much money. We have cap room. Also, at this point we have 3 options at back up Center. All 3 are Guards. Urbik, Legursky and Asper. Legursky is most likely getting cut as he is about the 6th or 7th option at Guard. Asper is slightly ahead of Legursky, but, more unproven and is on his 3 NFL and 2nd time with the Bills. So, Urbik is most likely starting at Guard this year unless someone out plays him at camp. And, regardless of him starting at Guard he is the 2nd option at Center.

TJ Graham and Pears are my first two picks to get cut. I think neither are big names and both from the old regime. IF Pears is out played by all three of these players OR at least two of these three players....Cyrus Kouandjio, Seantrel Henderson, and Chris Hairston. But, we need at least 3 tackles on the roster excluding the PS. So, Cordy Glenn and two of these make the roster.

To clarify 3 of these 5 need to be on the roster...Cordy Glenn, Cyrus Kouandjio, Seantrel Henderson, Chris Hairston, and Erik Pears. Possibly 4 of the 5.

Edited by Manther

Jeff Tuel.

Jokes aside, I think the purge is over for big names, and we should get used to having these guys around, unless they leave on their own, like Fred retiring or CJ testing FA.

I don't consider urbik or graham or Dixon big names.

Mike Williams has no chance of getting cut since we cut Stevie

I was expanding it to next offseason, as well, since there isn't that high of a chance that any of those names are gone this season.

If CJ has a huge year then it could be possible that the team tries to get back into the 2015 first round using him...

I was expanding it to next offseason, as well, since there isn't that high of a chance that any of those names are gone this season.

If CJ has a huge year then it could be possible that the team tries to get back into the 2015 first round using him...

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't CJ's contract expire after this season? If that is the case, the Bills would have to trade him before this season (2014), or at least before the trade dealine in October (?...or whenever it is). If he plays out this season, without a trade, or signing an extension (remember he says he is going to "get with Jairus Byrds' agent), he is as good as gone...unless the Bills franchise him. Not sure they are going to want to get into that situation again.

Pears I think will go if Hariston and or Henderson show themselves reliable in camp and early pre-season. The other that I think might be a surprise is Manny Lawson. They want to use him at defensive end and at this moment I think all outcomes are on the table from that perspective. He could well end up our starter opposite Mario, he could well end up as a depth guy or he could well end up cut.

With CJ Spiller I think there is an outside possibility of a trade right before the deadline in October.

The likes of TJ Graham, Nigel Bradham, Doug Legursky and Ron Brooks are all possible cut casualties as well, but I don't know that any of them are big enough names to qualify.

As far as "big names" by Buffalo standards, I'd say Dareus. If Marrone is going to be perceived as the fair and consistent coach he needs to successfully manage the team, Dareus should be gone with one more screw up.

Yeah, he's the one I'm most concerned about. I thought he was the best player of that draft class and he's disappointed so far. He played at a pretty high level last year but I'm not sure it's a high enough level to overlook all his off field stuff.

Edited by MDH