2015 Cap Space

Does anyone know how much spending money we will have for the 2015 offseason?

I heard some crazy number like $50 Million but that cant be right can it?

CBF

thats the number i read/heard over the weekend but i havent verified

either way the one thing the Bills have done right the last decade is manage their cap well so its not an issue

<insert Ralph is cheap joke here>

Does anyone know how much spending money we will have for the 2015 offseason?

I heard some crazy number like $50 Million but that cant be right can it?

CBF

fritz should be off the books I think. No Byrdman and won't be surprised to see the rework of 94's contract. Still far from 50 mil though.

http://overthecap.co...Bills&Year=2015

As of right now, the Bills have close to $23-33 mil (depends on 2015 overall finalized cap and 2014 rookie contracts not accounted for yet) to work with to get Dareus, Spiller and Fred signed

Dareus, Spiller both may be gone. Dareus can't quit being a dumb ass and grow up already and CJ is expendable as is any RB not named Adrian Peterson

Dareus won't be a free agent. He had his fifth-year option exercised. Unless he has a huge season I doubt the team will be doing any negotiating with him after his recent arrest.

Edited by SBUffalo

Spiller and Freddie may both be gone.

This^ If Spiller has another down year I don't see how the Bills make him an offer or at least an offer he would consider. And I think this is it for Fred he may retire after the season.

the $$ will go towards signing a proven QB free agent should EJ not pan out...

Manning, Brees, Warner (Cardinals) were all QBs signed to revamp a team

Nobody on that level will be available. Guys like Cam Newton and Colin Kaepernick are there but they'll be sticking around with their current teams.

Dareus won't be a free agent. He had his fifth-year option exercised. Unless he has a huge season I doubt the team will be doing any negotiating with him after his recent arrest.

Making him a FA. You point is that he'd be on someone else's payroll?

Not to burst your bubble but Fred is not going to be resigned next year. We need to move forward to another back next season.

I suppose we should watch 2014 before we decide. If he's at last season's level why not a 1 or 2 year contract?

Nobody on that level will be available. Guys like Cam Newton and Colin Kaepernick are there but they'll be sticking around with their current teams.

I got to agree. teams do not let a franchise QB leave. Manning came with a ton of questions, and the Colts went with the long term solution in Luck.

Other then Manning tell me one other franchise QB over the last 6 years that left his current team?

As I read through over the cap I am once again confused about potential cap space. It looks like the cap will be north of $140M next year (speculation on my part) but I can't seem to calculate (or am too lazy) roughly where the Bills will be. I don't know how cap holds for rookies factor in if we don't have a 1st in 2015, etc... In addition, I believe that all of the dead money comes off the books and would expect a Mario restructure but who knows. I wonder if there are any cap experts (Dibs or whoever) out there that can shed some light?

I got to agree. teams do not let a franchise QB leave. Manning came with a ton of questions, and the Colts went with the long term solution in Luck.

Other then Manning tell me one other franchise QB over the last 6 years that left his current team?

So it is the one position you really can not buy, you must develope.