NFL networks coverage of Michael Sam

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, whether you like it or not, this is a pretty huge story. Get used to it...like it or not, you will be hearing about this all summer... the NFL Network would have been crazy, and not doing their job (they have been on for 60 hours or something like that) if they didn't address it.

The reason he lasted this long is his being gay. That is all. Anybody saying otherwise is either lying or fooling himself. They picked a kid from Marist before this guy. He will help the Rams.

Maybe but maybe most teams didn't want the circus that follows

The reason he lasted this long is his being gay. That is all. Anybody saying otherwise is either lying or fooling himself. They picked a kid from Marist before this guy. He will help the Rams.

Look in the mirror.

Or because he is an undersized tweener with no real fit in the NFL at his size and weight. That could probably be it.

Or because he is an undersized tweener with no real fit in the NFL at his size and weight. That could probably be it.

Ding! Coupled with his poor showing at the Combine in February.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

No it's because he is openly gay...you are lying to yourself

There are a handful of NFL executives that might not want him because he is gay; the other 95% of GM's and coaches are just looking at his football readiness for the NFL. The media, including the NFL network, are doing what they always do: hype a story. As for us, the fans, I think it breaks the same as NFL executives, a handful don't want him or don't like him because he is gay, most of us don't care one way or the other but want to know if he can play. Then there are probably a few gay people, NFL executives, players and some fans, that are rooting for him because he is gay. "Not that there is anything wrong with that." I'm not gay, but I gotta say, I'm kinda rooting for the kid. I hope he can play.

I think there's a significant segment of the population that not only cares that he's gay, but is excited to see someone just like them be himself and have the chance to compete on the big stage. I wish him all the best.

Who f'in cares except liberal newswriters who are looking for a lazy way to fill their copy.

If he keeps his affections out of the locker room, who cares.

If he doesn't, then his harrassment will get him run out of there, just the same as if he was intruding on others in any other fashion that is unacceptable.