Mike Mayock Mock Draft

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 olinemen and 0 QBs in the top 10? Seems unlikely.

It all hinges on the QBs. If they sit, the Bills hurt.

The way Mayock has things playing out I'm happy with Martin. (I'd prefer a play maker, but am not sold on Ebron) They can go WR or TE in round 2.

The way Mayock has things playing out I'm happy with Martin. (I'd prefer a play maker, but am not sold on Ebron) They can go WR or TE in round 2.

I agree. I'd much rather have Martin and TE Jenkins in round 2.

Just one guy's opinion. I do like the versatility but man a RT at 9 is so disappointing. I get it I guess but what a terrible draft party haha.

of course, we would all rather prefer Watkins. A. Donald would be an exciting pick.

If the QBs fall, trade back a few and still get Martin, get WR and TE or LB in second. Somebody is going to want one of those QBs.

I am one of those guys that would not mind picking a tackle with the 9th pick. I am just a bit troubled about taking the fourth best tackle (according to most) with the 9th pick in the draft. Just our luck.

I do see value with having a great tackle -- I just have my doubts that Martin is that guy. I posted in another thread that it appears that the Bills have been using the media to get us ready for the Bills taking Martin. I just hope that, if we do pick him, he ends up being a standout. Whether EJ is our QB or someone else, having a great offensive line will help. Martin seems like he is pretty good -- just not elite. Again, just our luck.

Probably the most accurate statement about this draft. I can see Manziel going to the Browns or Raiders (Raiders unlikely but they are putting all their eggs in on Schaub).

I actually heard Schoop say something on the radio that I 100% agree with today. Basically said that if Manuel is they guy they are going to commit to then why not sell the farm to trade up and get an elite player in the top 5 to show everyone they are sticking to their guns even if it costs next years 1st rounder.

It would be a hell of a move by Whaley but if EJ works out and we can get an elite player at the same time it would be huge.

Yes I know, IF.

Edited by The Wiz

Nah. This draft will be hard to mess up! We have a lot of options that should help the squad.

Hard to mess up several drafts with sure fire picks... that the Bills have messed up with impunity. think Whitner over Ngata. HARD to mess that up. But we did.

Probably the most accurate statement about this draft. I can see Manziel going to the Browns or Raiders (Raiders unlikely but they are putting all their eggs in on Schaub).

I actually heard Schoop say something on the radio that I 100% agree with today. Basically said that if Manuel is they guy they are going to commit to then why not sell the farm to trade up and get an elite player in the top 5 to show everyone they are sticking to their guns even if it costs next years 1st rounder.

It would be a hell of a move by Whaley but if EJ works out and we can get an elite player at the same time it would be huge.

Yes I know, IF.

the reason I hate this plan so much is that it will make next seasons off-season, likely to start as usual in November, even more interminable. We need a 1st rounder to keep something interesting in the hopper.

There has to be a way for Mathews to be there at 9 because although I don't dislike Martin I hv a big problem taking him at 9 and if it happens I won't even watch the rest of the draft

Drafting Martin would clearly be the Bills drafting for need

Edited by Max997

the reason I hate this plan so much is that it will make next seasons off-season, likely to start as usual in November, even more interminable. We need a 1st rounder to keep something interesting in the hopper.

So the difference between 363 days and 364 days really does that much for you?

Or is it the following 363 days that is the issue?

Edited by The Wiz

Really. I mean that hasn't happened since, oh, last year.

GO BILLS!!!

I think he means unlikely because of the QBs in this draft which was supposed to be a QB heavy draft especially at the top

Edited by Max997

Just one guy's opinion. I do like the versatility but man a RT at 9 is so disappointing. I get it I guess but what a terrible draft party haha.

The Browns taking a RT at 4 trumps the Bills taking one at 9. I get the idea of Matthews at 9. Martin would be such a disappointing pick.