Does anyone think DT is now a need?

With the issues Dareus has and Kyle Williams' age and history of injury do we surprise everyone and take a DT early in the draft? I'm not saying 1st round(although I wouldn't mind Nix), but with the news on Darius so close to the draft and Kyle's injuries to both Achilles in recent years, DT might be on our radar. If the player we want isn't there at # 9, I wouldn't mind trading down a few spots to take DT Nix from ND. Any thoughts on DT now being a need?

Edited by Dopey

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was a mid round possibility before this issue with Dareus. I believe Dareus will be a free agent after 2015 and both Williams and Branch will be on the wrong side of 30, so it was never a bad idea to bring in a decent prospect at the position to develop over the next couple of years as a contingency plan. And it never hurts to have another guy in the DL rotation, anyway, and as others state, its not like the Bills couldn't use some help with their run D.

With the issues Dareus has and Kyle Williams' age and history of injury do we surprise everyone and take a DT early in the draft? I'm not saying 1st round(although I wouldn't mind Nix), but with the news on Darius so close to the draft and Kyle's injuries to both Achilles in recent years, DT might be on our radar. If the player we want isn't there at # 9, I wouldn't mind trading down a few spots to take DT Nix from ND. Any thoughts on DT now being a need?

I think the odds of Donald at 9 just went up

No way. Even if Dareus gets suspended, it's only 4 games. Branch can fill in for 4 games just fine. Maybe they'd grab a low-priced vet after roster cuts, but there are way too many needs on this team to use a 1st or 2nd round pick on players that'll only start if something happens to a starter.

if A. Donald is there at 9, you take him. The guy is a game-changer. If not, I'd get a DT later in the draft. I've always thought it was a need given Williams age and MD's stupidity. (plus, neither are great run stoppers.)

No way. Even if Dareus gets suspended, it's only 4 games. Branch can fill in for 4 games just fine. Maybe they'd grab a low-priced vet after roster cuts, but there are way too many needs on this team to use a 1st or 2nd round pick on players that'll only start if something happens to a starter.

Dareus can't be suspended under the league's drug policy because Spice is not a banned substance.

Fine with me. I've been ready to move on from MD since the day we drafted him. Buddy Nix was one heck of a horrible GM. Horrific drafts ...

I have to say drafting hasn't been great under him. I feel Whaley had a lot more impute last year, I can't wait to see what he does this year. I haven't been big on Dareus, and now his repeated issues are just more red flags for a guy that never lived up to a top 3 draft pick placing. His homers will site his family issues which I understand, but its time to grow up and perform up to the level you were selected.

Anyone saying Dareus is terrible / not good etc. Really doesn't watch the Bills. They just like to B word about the Bills. We have TWO pro bowl DT's & now we're going to draft abother at #9? Maybe ya'll are smoking the Spice!

Anyone who says he is a great DT is smoking crack and needs severe help. He is average most days and good on others. So far not worth the #3 pick nor worth the repeated BS. I wouldn't mind if we could shop him for someone's late 1st rounder