Bills, Lions trying to trade UP to ........

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They may want to trade up for Watkins but I suspect only if he falls to a certain point.

I think that this is the case.

If you do see the Bills logo on the board at the 2nd, 3rd or 4th pick & Watkins is still there he will be the pick. When they cut to a shot of the Bills war room you will see celebration. The Bills are EXTREMELY high on Watkins.

If you do see the Bills logo on the board at the 2nd, 3rd or 4th pick & Watkins is still there he will be the pick. When they cut to a shot of the Bills war room you will see celebration. The Bills are EXTREMELY high on Watkins.

Agreed. I want Watkins on this team in the worst way...

I'm just curious, how do you know "The BILLS are EXTREMELY high on Watkins"? Not challenging here, just wondering if it's something you have personal knowledge of or are just saying it as something you've read or heard through media reports?

I'm just curious, how do you know "The BILLS are EXTREMELY high on Watkins"? Not challenging here, just wondering if it's something you have personal knowledge of or are just saying it as something you've read or heard through media reports?

hes reliable and not just using media reports.

hes reliable and not just using media reports.

Fair enough...and I've probably asked that question before and gotten the same answer. It's just with all these concrete statements floating about the board, I lose track of those who are wearing tin foil hats and talking to RW's ghost quoting him with the info and those who are reliable. No offence was intended, just curious. But thank you for answering...

are the bills talking to other teams about what it would take to move up ? of course they are.

will the bills be willing to give up a 1st or 2nd round pick to do it ? I doubt it.

the bills are much more likely to trade down.

this team still has too many holes to fill to go "all in" on just one non-QB player.

Edited by papazoid

Fair enough...and I've probably asked that question before and gotten the same answer. It's just with all these concrete statements floating about the board, I lose track of those who are wearing tin foil hats and talking to RW's ghost quoting him with the info and those who are reliable. No offence was intended, just curious. But thank you for answering...

None taken....I was told that if they had an opportunity to get Watkins they would "sprint to the podium." Personally, I do not think that they will give up the assets necessary to get high enough but they do love him.

I like Watkins too and I see the value of adding a potential 'star' player but I don't share the level of optimism with the idea of trading up held by a lot of proponents of the idea. I pray they don't move up and either stay where they are or trade down a couple spots and pick up a few more picks.

I think its a severe miscalculation to believe adding Watkins to the Bills offense (which is probably a 100% sure thing to be a big upgrade) at the cost of possibly surrendering a 2nd and 3rd rounder (depending on how far up you need to move) is going to put the Bills over the top and in a position to challenge New England for the division title. And in my view that's got to be the goal, to knock the Pats out of the top spot in the division. Adding one WR at the expense of not addressing other needs with 2/3 round picks will more or less guarantee a 3rd or 4th place finish.

This team needs to hit on finding starters with their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd picks or if possible trading back and getting another 2nd or 3rd in the process. Trading up to get that one guy is a mistake a lot of teams make every year. Believing they are one player away from becoming very competitive when in reality they are many players short. The only position I would even contemplate doing this for would be to get a franchise QB and I don't see the Bills moving up to get a QB here.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

I like Watkins too and I see the value of adding a potential 'star' player but I don't share the level of optimism with the idea of trading up held by a lot of proponents of the idea. I pray they don't move up and either stay where they are or trade down a couple spots and pick up a few more picks.

I think its a severe miscalculation to believe adding Watkins to the Bills offense (which is probably a 100% sure thing to be a big upgrade) at the cost of possibly surrendering a 2nd and 3rd rounder (depending on how far up you need to move) is going to put the Bills over the top and in a position to challenge New England for the division title. And in my view that's got to be the goal, to knock the Pats out of the top spot in the division. Adding one WR at the expense of not addressing other needs with 2/3 round picks will more or less guarantee a 3rd or 4th place finish.

This team needs to hit on finding starters with their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd picks or if possible trading back and getting another 2nd or 3rd in the process. Trading up to get that one guy is a mistake a lot of teams make every year. Believing they are one player away from becoming very competitive when in reality they are many players short. The only position I would even contemplate doing this for would be to get a franchise QB and I don't see the Bills moving up to get a QB here.

I have to agree with you All Pro. We just have too many holes to fill to be competitive and betting valuable draft picks to grab Watkins isn't something I see D.W. doing. We have a boat load of really good, fast receivers for EJ.

Unless Mack is available at 9 by some miracle I see us trading down 6 or 7 slots and picking up and extra 2nd and 3rd round pick and then grab Ebron is Round 1 and an OT and LB in Round 2. I know Ebron is a top tier TE but I think he will still be available at pick 15 or 16.

FWIW IMHO

BigPappy

Edited by BigPappy

.....the Jaguars spot at #3 overall for a "bargain price" according to NFL Network. Who do they want that badly??

It could be Robinson/Watkins/Mack..............but what if it is Manziel????

.....the Jaguars spot at #3 overall for a "bargain price" according to NFL Network. Who do they want that badly??

It could be Robinson/Watkins/Mack..............but what if it is Manziel????

Manziel? LMAO