Sammy Watkins tweets...

Rubes

IMO hes the most NFL ready in the Draft. HE dominated this year and made it seem like he was a man playing against boys. ( Go see Kramer doing Karate in Seinfeld )

Kramer ended up getting his ass kicked if you recall. by children.

Watkins is clearly the # 1 Rec to be picked , and early. Have no doubt.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kramer ended up getting his ass kicked if you recall. by children.

Watkins is clearly the # 1 Rec to be picked , and early. Have no doubt.

That would be so good for the BIlls. Think that The defense would focus on Watkins and SJ13 would be left open!

IMO hes the most NFL ready in the Draft. HE dominated this year and made it seem like he was a man playing against boys. ( Go see Kramer doing Karate in Seinfeld )

Maybe...but he's not worth giving up a 2nd or a 3rd to get. Luck, Clowney, maybe. Watkins, I don't see it. He's an NFL ready receiver..so? To move up I want a once in a generation receiver. Sell me on that.

Allrighty then.

ACE VENTURA? Is that you?

Maybe...but he's not worth giving up a 2nd or a 3rd to get. Luck, Clowney, maybe. Watkins, I don't see it. He's an NFL ready receiver..so? To move up I want a once in a generation receiver. Sell me on that.

Well, maybe you feel hes not a once in a generation receiver. But what if the BILLS think he is their player to help EJ. tell me this.... How many once in a generation receivers can be found in a 15-20 year period? How many busts can you find in the second round? Sell me on that.

ACE VENTURA? Is that you?

Well, maybe you feel hes not a once in a generation receiver. But what if the BILLS think he is their player to help EJ. tell me this.... How many once in a generation receivers can be found in a 15-20 year period? How many busts can you find in the second round? Sell me on that.

You mean like Kiko and Cordy? Giving up two high picks for a good receiver has little appeal to me. We have too many holes to fill.

Edited by Green Lightning

You mean like Kiko and Cordy? Giving up two high picks for a good receiver has little appeal to me. We have too many holes to fill.

I would argue that we don't have many holes- at least leadership doesn't think so. They think they are close and want elite talent to take the next step, not just starters and depth guys.

Lets name the last decade of 2nd round picks for the bills. One Just cant pick and choose who turned out to be good. The answers to my two questions are: 1) 1 player and 2) many busts come out in the 2nd and 3rd round let alone the first. Drafting is a crapshoot. If after all their studies, they feel one player stands out this year, I don't have a problem if they go and get him.

He grades out right with AJ Green and Julio Jones. They say he is more pro ready than both. I have seen him enough to know that he is going to be a star. He is electric with the ball in his hands, high points well and as physical as anyone. I have seen his physicality compare to Hines Ward. If you don't want WR that is fine but he is the type of receiver that comes around about every 5 years. A sure fire #1

I just don't like that something over like 30% of his catches were within 3 yards of the LOS.

That was more by design than an indictment on him. He was so physically dominant his whole career that they just tried to get the ball in his hands. He is actually a polished route runner with great hands and phenomenal run after the catch skills.

I just don't like that something over like 30% of his catches were within 3 yards of the LOS.

I don't have a problem with that. Speedy Goodwin and Woods will spread the field and Watkins will kill it with his strength and cutting

He grades out right with AJ Green and Julio Jones. They say he is more pro ready than both. I have seen him enough to know that he is going to be a star. He is electric with the ball in his hands, high points well and as physical as anyone. I have seen his physicality compare to Hines Ward. If you don't want WR that is fine but he is the type of receiver that comes around about every 5 years. A sure fire #1

Agreed. Go get him as long as you don't give up next years #1

I would argue that we don't have many holes- at least leadership doesn't think so. They think they are close and want elite talent to take the next step, not just starters and depth guys.

We have two big holes on the OL, so-so TE's. And old RB and another scat back on a contract year. We need a OLB and a DE and quite possibly a safety. We can shore up many of those with a good draft without giving up high picks for a position that we may need just fine at. Watkins is a great open field yac guy. What we need is a guy who can catch when covered. I'd rather have Evans or ASJ as another weapon for EJ and keep out picks for the OL, et al.

Edited by Green Lightning

Lets name the last decade of 2nd round picks for the bills. One Just cant pick and choose who turned out to be good. The answers to my two questions are: 1) 1 player and 2) many busts come out in the 2nd and 3rd round let alone the first. Drafting is a crapshoot. If after all their studies, they feel one player stands out this year, I don't have a problem if they go and get him.

Players the bills have drafted in the 2nd recently:

Kiko

Robert woods

Cordy Glenn

Aaron Williams

Andy levitre

Jairus Byrd

Torell troup

That is the last 5 drafts in the second round. 1 miss out of 7 picks.

I'm not even against trading up but the Bills have done very well in the second round recently and that makes me prefer a trade down. Either way I trust this front office because they have done well recently.

Don't bash the bills for their second round picks though they have done very well recently.