Don't forget about Flash...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now if we can trade Stevie and get the 3 guys with better work ethic and attitudes more reps...

I guess SJ at the voluntary workouts and participating in Manuel's boot camp were just mirages, since he has a bad attitude and poor work ethic. This guy has only ever had positive things to say about Buffalo, the Bills, and his team mates but he has a bad attitude? You don't like the guy fine, but these are BS complaints, even though they have been often repeated.

Sorry I don't see why the love for Goodwin. 12 games, 17 catches. 22 yards per KO return, longest return 28 yards. Nothing in those numbers say he will be anything but a Flash in the Pan. IF he can get to 50 catches this year you can talk. Other than that he is just another smurf like Roscoe and TJ. He would do well just to get to Roscoe's numbers.

Sorry I don't see why the love for Goodwin. 12 games, 17 catches. 22 yards per KO return, longest return 28 yards. Nothing in those numbers say he will be anything but a Flash in the Pan. IF he can get to 50 catches this year you can talk. Other than that he is just another smurf like Roscoe and TJ. He would do well just to get to Roscoe's numbers.

You cant run when special teams coverage blocking sucks.......

He is the deep threat on this team that will actually go up and fight for a ball

IMO, Goodwin should be used much more than just deep passes. When SJ & Woods were out vs the Jets (in the 2nd matchup), Goodwin was the #1 WR and had 6 rec for 81 yds and 1 TD. Goodwin has good hands and can be a very effective weapon if used properly.

Agreed! He has amazing potential and would love to see him get the ball much, much more just like the Jets game.

I guess SJ at the voluntary workouts and participating in Manuel's boot camp were just mirages, since he has a bad attitude and poor work ethic. This guy has only ever had positive things to say about Buffalo, the Bills, and his team mates but he has a bad attitude? You don't like the guy fine, but these are BS complaints, even though they have been often repeated.

+1

No its been fact he has had a bad work ethic, not lifting, whining, sulking etc. Pulling stupid **** on the field, dropping easy balls I can go on. Simply put he is at best tied as the #3 WR right now. Woods will step up and be #1, Williams 1A if he steps up, so Stevie is tied with Goodwin.

I would ship Stevie in a heart beat if I had any say, but hey its all about the feel good stories in Buffalo.

Edited by Kellyto83TD

No its been fact he has had a bad work ethic, not lifting, whining, sulking etc. Pulling stupid **** on the field, dropping easy balls I can go on. Simply put he is at best tied as the #3 WR right now. Woods will step up and be #1, Williams 1A if he steps up, so Stevie is tied with Goodwin.

I would ship Stevie in a heart beat if I had any say, but hey its all about the feel good stories in Buffalo.

When has he whined and sulked? Have you heard him do that? Sounds like speculation. I have never heard him whine or sulk. If anything he has put blame on himself.

I bet he uses the tuel pick in the chiefs game as his example.

Do you think the Tuel pick was not a big deal? That was a TO/Chad Johnson level hissy fit. TJ Graham chased that guy, while SJ13 pranced around all pissed. Especially worse for a "veteran leader." Do you think the UDFA rookie QB felt his teammates believed in him after that? You can say "Tuel doesn't deserve their confidence" but when it's game time and he's the only QB on the roster, leaders fake it to support them. Not thrash around after a mistake.

I don't advocate cutting or trading Stevie unless it was a really good deal, but let's not act like he doesn't have issues. Just because he loves the city doesn't make him infallible.

Edited by FireChan

Mike Evans benched the same amount at the combine - Goodwin is 7 inches shorter and 50 lbs lighter. Not saying bench press means a whole lot once you are on the field but it does mean Goodwin is pretty strong for his size. Don't know how many reps he did today but I looked at their combine #s - Evans did 225 for 12 and Goodwin did 225 for 13.

In fairness, Evans has to lift each rep a bit further (both up and down)