Don't forget about Flash...

jumbalaya... this cat showed signs of being a very good wr for us...

If he does have those 50 catches, THEN will you have faith??

Absolutely. Just let him earn the pedestal before we put his bronze statue on it. I like Goodwin but this team needs to show it can win and the players have to produce before we sing their accolades. Every off season we hear TBD pundits expound on how great a player is before he does anything. Just like the way people kept saying Easley was going to shine at WR. He can't even get off the bench. I like Easley too, I hope he gets an opportunity at WR this year, but its not likely the way the roster is shaping up.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Week 11 vs NYJ

6 cathes 81 yards and 1 TD with Robert Woods and Stevie Johnson out. Carried our offense that day and showed his good hands and ability to run short possession routes...not just the deep burners

Goodwin reminds me of Antonio Brown. I would not be shocked at all if he developed into a #1 or #2 WR

Week 11 vs NYJ

6 cathes 81 yards and 1 TD with Robert Woods and Stevie Johnson out. Carried our offense that day and showed his good hands and ability to run short possession routes...not just the deep burners

Goodwin reminds me of Antonio Brown. I would not be shocked at all if he developed into a #1 or #2 WR

No doubt we benefited from the Jets not preparing that we'd use mighty mouse on short hitch routes and screens. Rex Ryan is great if he has film on you. Kudos to Hackett for adding that wrinkle to the gameplan.

This. McKelvin was also a superstar punt returner before last year and he couldn't run either.

Don't forget that the league outlawed the wedge blocking Buffalo used to do so effectively. When they did that and moved the ball forward on kickoffs, they effectively killed whatever advantage the Bills used to have on special teams.

No its been fact he has had a bad work ethic, not lifting, whining, sulking etc. Pulling stupid **** on the field, dropping easy balls I can go on. Simply put he is at best tied as the #3 WR right now. Woods will step up and be #1, Williams 1A if he steps up, so Stevie is tied with Goodwin.

I would ship Stevie in a heart beat if I had any say, but hey its all about the feel good stories in Buffalo.

Stop making doggie poo poo up

Ya'll are being a bit unrealistic here. 50 catches in 2014? No. Not for Goodwin, likely not anyone but the top two WR's and maybe a new TE.

For Goodwin lets bring it back for a minute. I will be happy when he catches 40 balls in 2015. In 2014 I want to see him in every game and not get injured. I want to see him develop playing time and earn playing time. I want to see him earn responsibilities to run different routes. I want to see him become dependable to include in to a gaem plan.

Ya'll are being a bit unrealistic here. 50 catches in 2014? No. Not for Goodwin, likely not anyone but the top two WR's and maybe a new TE.

For Goodwin lets bring it back for a minute. I will be happy when he catches 40 balls in 2015. In 2014 I want to see him in every game and not get injured. I want to see him develop playing time and earn playing time. I want to see him earn responsibilities to run different routes. I want to see him become dependable to include in to a gaem plan.

Being pretty demanding of a second year kid who has played above expectations.

I would not ask a ton of him this year. Let him continue to get his NFL legs .

But Defenses have to respect him. Thats pretty impressive . Hackett is lucky fellow to have what he has at Rec right now i think and Goodwin is a delight to watch play .

Go Bills

and thanks Ohio for reminding us about that little f'r

Being pretty demanding of a second year kid who has played above expectations.

I would not ask a ton of him this year. Let him continue to get his NFL legs .

But Defenses have to respect him. Thats pretty impressive . Hackett is lucky fellow to have what he has at Rec right now i think and Goodwin is a delight to watch play .

Go Bills

and thanks Ohio for reminding us about that little f'r

Is it being demanding? I don't expect him to be a feature player in 2014. If he is then great. But, if Marrone and staff can plan 2 or 3 plays a game that Goodwin is a focal point of and he can contribute in that role consistently then I will be happy. 40 catches in 2015 would be 2.5 catches per game. Roscoe Parrish never topped more then 35 catches in his 7 year tenure.

In fact, Josh Reed outperformed him. In 9 seasons Reed had 3 seasons over 50 (58, 51, 56), and 331 catches total. 36.7 catches a season average.

Edited by jboyst62

Absolutely. Just let him earn the pedestal before we put his bronze statue on it. I like Goodwin but this team needs to show it can win and the players have to produce before we sing their accolades. Every off season we hear TBD pundits expound on how great a player is before he does anything. Just like the way people kept saying Easley was going to shine at WR. He can't even get off the bench. I like Easley too, I hope he gets an opportunity at WR this year, but its not likely the way the roster is shaping up.

I'm not saying Goodwin should be the focal point of the offense, I would just like to see him get more chances.

Hopefully he plays this season injury free.

For a rookie 4th round pick WR who is undersized, he made some plays.

He has shown a lot more to me than Graham has.

I'm not saying Goodwin should be the focal point of the offense, I would just like to see him get more chances.

Hopefully he plays this season injury free.

For a rookie 4th round pick WR who is undersized, he made some plays.

He has shown a lot more to me than Graham has.

3rd rounder, but very much agreed otherwise.

Sorry I don't see why the love for Goodwin. 12 games, 17 catches. 22 yards per KO return, longest return 28 yards. Nothing in those numbers say he will be anything but a Flash in the Pan. IF he can get to 50 catches this year you can talk. Other than that he is just another smurf like Roscoe and TJ. He would do well just to get to Roscoe's numbers.

Answer:

Week 11 vs NYJ

This is the game I like to bring up. Goodwin was matched against Antonio Cromartie,the guy who was supposed to be playing well enough to justify trading Revis. If you go back and watch the game, Cromartie starts playing with a cushion, because the assumption is that the only thing Goodwin is useful is the deep route. He consistently worked Cromartie for chunks of 6-8 yards to keep the chains moving but what everyone remembers is the deep touchdown catch. At this point, Cromartie has started to bump him at the line. Goodwin takes the bump and STILL beats him deep when EJ throws the prettiest deep pass we've seen out of him yet.

In four WR sets, I currently see Goodwin lining up on the outside with Williams. He might be a situational player, but as previous years have shown us, having extensive depth at WR is useful as the season wears on.

He's got what you can't teach, pure speed. Goodwin is going to make teams defend the whole field , which is what you want to happen.

The Bills with Goodwin, Woods, Stevie and now Williams have talent at WR. Matter of fact we can move the chains with the players we have on offense NOW.

Just need better QB play IMO.

I agree with all this, and it leads me to believe the best thing to do with the #9 pick is to shore-up the offensive line. Get a quality Tackle, and I think this team is in good shape on offense.

Is it being demanding? I don't expect him to be a feature player in 2014. If he is then great. But, if Marrone and staff can plan 2 or 3 plays a game that Goodwin is a focal point of and he can contribute in that role consistently then I will be happy. 40 catches in 2015 would be 2.5 catches per game. Roscoe Parrish never topped more then 35 catches in his 7 year tenure.

In fact, Josh Reed outperformed him. In 9 seasons Reed had 3 seasons over 50 (58, 51, 56), and 331 catches total. 36.7 catches a season average.

I did not do the math properly. oops.

Goodwin will probably do more to define the defensive coverage and open up plays under him this season. Now that he garnered respect ( I think ) But If Ej can see the field better Goodwin might have more receptions than that against some teams. I hope our new WR coach can keep these guys healthier and become more productive as a unit .

I am absolutely a huge Goodwin fan

I like the player, but you have to wonder about him given the team's own actions this offseason - they traded for Mike Williams and have continued to bring in WRs for team visits - not just the tall possession types (Evans), but also the outside burners/playmakers (Beckham and Watkins). If OBD was as high on Goodwin as some here are, I wonder if they'd be so focused on targeting additional WR help through the draft and free agency/trades...

I like the player, but you have to wonder about him given the team's own actions this offseason - they traded for Mike Williams and have continued to bring in WRs for team visits - not just the tall possession types (Evans), but also the outside burners/playmakers (Beckham and Watkins). If OBD was as high on Goodwin as some here are, I wonder if they'd be so focused on targeting additional WR help through the draft and free agency/trades...

I'm high on Goodwin and still want the Bills to move up for Watkins. The way I see it Stevie Johnson and Mike Williams are temporary fixes. Just as those guys are leaving the roster a couple years from now, we'll have Watkins entering his prime with a couple years experience in our system. Thinking past the next year or two, our long term WR group would be headed by Watkins, Woods and Goodwin, which looks excellent. Just Woods and Goodwin, not so much.

They can bring in 30 players. They will draft 6, give or take if they move up or down. Also, the visits are all set up in advance and could have even preceded the MW trade. They discussed this on the John Murphy show. Even so, if they do draft Watkins or Beckham that won't mean that they don't like the guys they have. Edited by YoloinOhio

Sorry I don't see why the love for Goodwin. 12 games, 17 catches. 22 yards per KO return, longest return 28 yards. Nothing in those numbers say he will be anything but a Flash in the Pan. IF he can get to 50 catches this year you can talk. Other than that he is just another smurf like Roscoe and TJ. He would do well just to get to Roscoe's numbers.

don't forget, except for top 5 WR picks, generally WR takes 2-3 years to develop in this league.

I like goodwin a lot and still would like to see them add another receiver. I think Marrone wants to follow the New Orleans model at WR where they have 5 really solid players that all play