Bridgewater - the luster has come off

It sounds like teams don't really like Teddy Bridgewater enough to take him in round 1. While he was an excellent college QB and he has the intangibles that you want in a QB, I was always concerned about his lack of size. He just doesn't look like a top NFL QB to me.

However, I do think he is worthy of a 2nd round pick because he certainly overcame his size limitations in college, so given his intangibles he has a chance to succeed in the NFL in spite of his relatively slight (for the NFL) frame.

While I still think that EJ Manuel has a good opportunity to become a good NFL starter, I wouldn't be opposed to considering Bridgewater in round 2. To be clear, I don't think there is a high probability that the Bills will pick him, but he might be in the conversation.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet I suspect that Murray is going to sneak into the first round, or early second.

Just a hunch.

You could be right, but I don't see it. I think teams have similar concerns over Murray's size as they do with Bridgewater. Just my opinion, but I think Bridgewater will go before Murray.

I think it's more like more time has caused people to really nitpick. Even at the beginning, no one was saying that this QB class was going to have an Andrew Luck, obvious lock #1 pick QB. Do I think that, given some time,he could really develop? Of course.

I just hope this lays to rest the idea of "THE BILLS MUST TAKE A QB, ALL THESE OTHER NEW ROOKIE QB'S ARE TEH GREATEST, WILL BEAT OUT EJ DAY ONE, TAKE ONE NOAW!"

And I do really think that, given Cleveland's owner being so desperate to win now that he fired his GM and Head Coach after one season, they can't avoid taking a QB if a good one drops to them at 4.

Edited by Whitewalker Merriman

I have a weird feeling Carr will be the first QB drafted, unless Houston trades down.

I tried to get into Carr but I watched his bowl game & he struggled big time against no a great defense of USC. He seems too robotic for my tastes.

This class is so overrated. It's being hyped because of need. There is no one thing Bortels does better than EJ. I think the bashing of Teddy has gone too far but he is frail & didn't play against great competition. I'm not a Johnny Football fan but he's a wildcard.

I think fans will be much happier with EJ once they see these new guys in the league.

Yet I suspect that Murray is going to sneak into the first round, or early second.

Just a hunch.

I'm a Murray fan but I'd wager on him not going before the 3rd. But he's the guy I like most from this class.

There is a lot of talk about the QBs dropping, and that might just happen. But I keep coming back to this: Do you really think Houston wants to go into this coming season with Ryan Fitzpatrick and Case Keenum at QB? Or Minnesota or Cleveland or Jacksonville with the garbage they've got at the position? Sure, those teams might try to drop back like the Bills did last year to get better value, or just take someone in round 2 like the Jets did, but that's a big risk to take with the most important position in sports. It seems like there is a lot less certainty this year regarding the QBs. Last year, there was little chance any of the QBs would go in the top 10. This year, it is anyone's guess, so dropping back and still getting the guy you want looks riskier. It will be very interesting to see how it all plays out. I would not be surprised to see two or three QBs go in the top 10, even though their draft "grades" might not warrant it.

I think it's more like more time has caused people to really nitpick. Even at the beginning, no one was saying that this QB class was going to have an Andrew Luck, obvious lock #1 pick QB. Do I think that, given some time,he could really develop? Of course.

I just hope this lays to rest the idea of "THE BILLS MUST TAKE A QB, ALL THESE OTHER NEW ROOKIE QB'S ARE TEH GREATEST, WILL BEAT OUT EJ DAY ONE, TAKE ONE NOAW!"

And I do really think that, given Cleveland's owner being so desperate to win now that he fired his GM and Head Coach after one season, they can't avoid taking a QB if a good one drops to them at 4.

QB fever...CATCH IT! Then I again I give folks credit for cooling off on these guys before the draft. In years past we chased guys like Gabbert, Ponder, Locker, Leinert, Clausen, etc. right down the drain.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

There is a lot of talk about the QBs dropping, and that might just happen. But I keep coming back to this: Do you really think Houston wants to go into this coming season with Ryan Fitzpatrick and Case Keenum at QB? Or Minnesota or Cleveland or Jacksonville with the garbage they've got at the position? Sure, those teams might try to drop back like the Bills did last year to get better value, or just take someone in round 2 like the Jets did, but that's a big risk to take with the most important position in sports. It seems like there is a lot less certainty this year regarding the QBs. Last year, there was little chance any of the QBs would go in the top 10. This year, it is anyone's guess, so dropping back and still getting the guy you want looks riskier. It will be very interesting to see how it all plays out. I would not be surprised to see two or three QBs go in the top 10, even though their draft "grades" might not warrant it.

The sad truth is Ryan Firzpatrick's career will be better than 1 if not more of the guys who will be drafted in the 1st round.

The sad truth is Ryan Firzpatrick's career will be better than 1 if not more of the guys who will be drafted in the 1st round.

No question about it. But no one knows who that might be, which is what makes it so fascinating.

I tried to get into Carr but I watched his bowl game & he struggled big time against no a great defense of USC. He seems too robotic for my tastes.

This class is so overrated. It's being hyped because of need. There is no one thing Bortels does better than EJ. I think the bashing of Teddy has gone too far but he is frail & didn't play against great competition. I'm not a Johnny Football fan but he's a wildcard.

I think fans will be much happier with EJ once they see these new guys in the league.

I'm a Murray fan but I'd wager on him not going before the 3rd. But he's the guy I like most from this class.

I think they're gonna take a flyer on Murray in the 3rd if he's there. He's this generation's Frank Reich. Our QB depth is turrible.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't want to make a cash wager, but I am down for a friendly, comedy type wager.

If Murray isn't drafted in rounds 1 or 2, I will post, "I know nothing about the NFL Draft. If you have any questions, contact C.Biscuit97." Of course if he is, you can post the reverse.

Sound OK? :)

Edited by Bill from NYC

I remember when Brian Brohm came out of Louisville with lots of hype and he fizzled in the NFL.

Teddy is also on the small side, but he plays big in big games.

I remember when Brian Brohm came out of Louisville with lots of hype and he fizzled in the NFL.

Teddy is also on the small side, but he plays big in big games.

All those QB needy teams have to look at what they have and ask whether they can go another season or two with their current starter and take a better player at another position.

It is still a QB league and a very deep draft. I predict at least two teams pull the trigger in the top ten, maybe three.