Suh on trading block???

mrags

A buddy of mine just texted me and heard there is a rumor he's on the block.

Normally I'd say no but considering Schwartz' history with him, I wonder if it's in the realm of possibility. Worth thinking about at least. Move one of the monsters to DE and then your good on DE and DT. Would possibly look like:

LE- Mario

DT- Suh

DT- Williams/Dareus

RE- Dareus/Williams

Every player is on the trading block. If just depends what you want to give up. Suh has been outright dominant at times. But overall, he isn't as consistent as you like. http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13234/ndamukong-suh And he seems like a thoughtful guy off the field, but he does completely idiotic things on the field.

I'd look into it because you always should. But he really needs to be reigned in.

A buddy of mine just texted me and heard there is a rumor he's on the block.

Normally I'd say no but considering Schwartz' history with him, I wonder if it's in the realm of possibility. Worth thinking about at least. Move one of the monsters to DE and then your good on DE and DT. Would possibly look like:

LE- Mario

DT- Suh

DT- Williams/Dareus

RE- Dareus/Williams

That's a really slow four man DL

That's a really slow four man DL

mario is far from slow. Dareus and Wilkiams are both really quick for big men. As is Suh. Don't forget you still have Rivers, Spikes, Lawson and Hughes in blitzing situations.

Not to mention, our biggest weakness was run defense. Tell me how you defend against that front 4. And add in Kiko and Spikes to the LB level. Unstoppable. Gilmore island with Aaron Williams backing up the other side. I'd say were good to go.

He will make $22.4m this season, our cap would not take that.

that would be considering he wouldn't take a pay cut to stick with Schwartz. Edited by mrags

(i'm pretty sure Mario plays RDE, not LDE, but no big deal. The link to the Bills depth chart is blank w/r/t names-positions. The roster just says DE).

I think schwartz doesnt know how to control Suh. Can Marrone?

I live in LA. Sports-talk radio is all lakers (and USC football. This, even with the Clippers in the playoffs). They often discuss how Kobe Bryant needs a coach he respects, (ie; championships), otherwise he will run all over that coach. Suh might be in the same mold.

Edited by maddenboy

(i'm pretty sure Mario plays RDE, not LDE, but no big deal. The link to the Bills depth chart is blank w/r/t names-positions. The roster just says DE).

I live in LA. Sports-talk radio is all lakers (and USC football. This, even with the Clippers in the playoffs). They often discuss how Kobe Bryant needs a coach he respects, (ie; championships), otherwise he will run all over that coach. Suh might be in the same mold.

I wouldn't touch him for that reason. If he were a reclamation project who came for a lower price and/or had something to prove to extend his career it would be one thing, but having heard the rumors about him trying to constantly show up the coach in Detroit, and having to pay him top dollar, and knowing that he has the attitude that he's untouchable, it just doesn't add up to a favorable prospect IMO.

I've never quoted myself before on this board.

But the more I think about it, the more I reverse course and I really WANT Suh.

Its part Bill parcells' planet theory (there are only a couple people on the planet like him in his category; see: Wilfork, Vince; Johnson, Calvin; O'Neill, Shaquille) and part of me thinks he is the Sam Adams/Warren Sapp that Dareus was supposed to be. And if he matures, he can be the Bruce Smith irresistible force DL-man.

Swing for the fences, methinks. I'll take a 15 yard penalty every now and then.

Edited by maddenboy

I've never quoted myself before on this board.

But the more I think about it, the more I reverse course and I really WANT Suh.

Its part Bill parcells' planet theory (there are only a couple people on the planet like him in his category; see: Wilfork, Vince; Johnson, Calvin; O'Neill, Shaquille) and part of me thinks he is the Sam Adams/Warren Sapp that Dareus was supposed to be. And if he matures, he can be the Bruce Smith irresistible force DL-man.

Swing for the fences, methinks. I'll take a 15 yard penalty every now and then.

yup.

And FYI, Mario is a LDE.

if he would restructure his contract I'd do it. What would you all be willing to trade for him?

CJ for Suh straight up. Now we don't need a DE in the draft. 1st round draft OT or TE. Trade back up Into the first round and take Hyde.

Suh's salary for 2014 is listed by Rotoworld as $11.55 million with a voidable $3.505 million in 2015. There's almost no question that he's looking for the last big payday of his career at this point. I'm not sure the Bills can afford him, nor that he would be worth it. He's an upgrade, but by how much is certainly questionable if we had to move Dareus or Williams to DE.

if he would restructure his contract I'd do it. What would you all be willing to trade for him?

CJ for Suh straight up. Now we don't need a DE in the draft. 1st round draft OT or TE. Trade back up Into the first round and take Hyde.

Lions dont need a RB.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/25/draft-needs-detroit-lions/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/25/personal-issue-sidelines-mikel-leshoure-for-final-two-days-of-minicamp/

Probably more like SJ and a mid pick or conditional pick. I would even consider Woods instead.

if Suh were to require a 1st round pick- NO

If they would expect a 3rd, YES

I think he is getting his shizzle together, I'm just not huge on the thought of Dareus/Kyle on the edge

why? Neither of them are especially good at defending the run. Kyle is the perfect for for DE with Suh, Dareus and Mario on the same line. His penetration is great.

why? Neither of them are especially good at defending the run. Kyle is the perfect for for DE with Suh, Dareus and Mario on the same line. His penetration is great.

He ran a 5.0 40 yard dash. He would've been, roughly, last among DEs at the combine.... Moving him outside might not be the best plan.