Camp Manuel

First off - Way to go EJ. In the new NFL trade agreement, a QB and WRs must meet off campus to practice. How crazy is that? but anyway, Peyton Manning just got through doing the same thing with his guys.

Can you please point to an example or two of Bills teams in the past playing "timid"? I've always felt the Bills play hard and was one of the reasons I signed on as a fan.

It could be argued that there were several timid moments in 2014.

• Having 2 receivers fumble the ball closing in on FG range or in FG range late in game vs. Atlanta.
  • Giving up 2 long punt returns vs Clowns.
  • After we sort of get back in game vs NE, immediately give up long KO return.
  • D folding up and giving up wining score vs Patsies in week 1.
  • Whatever you want to call that we did vs Pitt and Tampa Bay sure looked timid.
  • After getting stuffed on 4th and 1 on a very strange play call (timid?), D rolls over and gives up 99 yard TD drive vs Bungles.

I would call the Bills play over the years ineffective, not timid. And we saw plenty of it last year as well.

Agreed. That is putting it nicely. Accurate word for that though.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great, but he needs to perform on the field. We have had perceived leaders, we need performance. Winning on the field is all that matters in the NFL.

Tell that to Michael Vick, Aaron Hernandez, Aldon Smith, Rae Carruth, Plaxico Burress, Travis Henry, Sam Hurd, Johnny Jolly, Ryan Leaf, or any other talented NFL player who was able to perform on the field but was a P.O.S. off the field. Most were immediately cut by their teams, most never played again, and the rest never again reached their former levels of performance.

First off - Way to go EJ. In the new NFL trade agreement, a QB and WRs must meet off campus to practice. How crazy is that? but anyway, Peyton Manning just got through doing the same thing with his guys.

Can you please point to an example or two of Bills teams in the past playing "timid"? I've always felt the Bills play hard and was one of the reasons I signed on as a fan.

It could be argued that there were several timid moments in 2014.

• Having 2 receivers fumble the ball closing in on FG range or in FG range late in game vs. Atlanta.
  • Giving up 2 long punt returns vs Clowns.
  • After we sort of get back in game vs NE, immediately give up long KO return.
  • D folding up and giving up wining score vs Patsies in week 1.
  • Whatever you want to call that we did vs Pitt and Tampa Bay sure looked timid.
  • After getting stuffed on 4th and 1 on a very strange play call (timid?), D rolls over and gives up 99 yard TD drive vs Bungles.

I would call the Bills play over the years ineffective, not timid. And we saw plenty of it last year as well.

Any game Trent Edwards started for starters. If Fred Jackson was out we wouldnt continue to do what we were best at. I always thought under Gailey the team played scared at times, especially on defense.

With Marrone at the helm I've never gotten that impression. Sorry i guess I wasn't clear in my other post

So him working with high school students is a bad thing?

No but not working on his football skills is.

He should not be comfortable imo.

no hate, just sayin'

But they need lessons on how to leave their feet to do it.

GO BILLS!!!

leave their feet where exactly ?

That kinda spooky really if you think on it .

I hope you mean jump , reach ,sky , leap , point up and or extend .

Any game Trent Edwards started for starters. If Fred Jackson was out we wouldnt continue to do what we were best at. I always thought under Gailey the team played scared at times, especially on defense.

With Marrone at the helm I've never gotten that impression. Sorry i guess I wasn't clear in my other post

I have seen plenty of timid over the years. Plenty.

I agree about Marrone. He brings a bit of a rougher edge and a grunt it out all game attitude.

Pettine probably had something to do with that though.

Lauren Brill@LaurenBrill4 4m

"I looked at pretty much every rep I took last year and I have learned from all of them." -EJ Manuel

Buffalo Bills@buffalobills 5m

.@EJManuel3: "I did so much studying I feel like I can go out there and call whatever I want."

Buffalo Bills@buffalobills 6m

@EJManuel3: "I didn't take a true offseason. I took maybe a week off" organized workouts with teammates in Miami and California.

Edited by YoloinOhio

One thing I loved from last season was no matter what players were on the field the team was aggressive. For years we saw timid play when a starter was out and that used to make me so angry

Totally agree. I saw that mainly on the defensive side of the ball. I hope that attitude continues without Mike Pettine at the helm. Still bitter about losing that guy. Schwartz will have almost all the same guys back (except Byrd) plus some healthy additions. This will be a telling season for me of how much coaching and coordinators particularly mean to our team. We already saw how much they improved from Wanny to Pettine. Hope Schwartz is a guy they rally behind also. And I hope EJ and the entire offense are less timid and play like Mario, Kyle, Kiko and Co. But agreed, saw a lot of improvement in attitude and getting after it this past year. That's gotta continue to grow.

Lauren Brill@LaurenBrill4 4m

"I looked at pretty much every rep I took last year and I have learned from all of them." -EJ Manuel

Buffalo Bills@buffalobills 5m

.@EJManuel3: "I did so much studying I feel like I can go out there and call whatever I want."

Buffalo Bills@buffalobills 6m

@EJManuel3: "I didn't take a true offseason. I took maybe a week off" organized workouts with teammates in Miami and California.

If that's true (only took a week off), that's really impressive. Even if EJ doesn't work out, he has my full respect.

I'm not the biggest EJ supporter, but I do love what the kid is as a person. He is a natural leader. I hope to eat crow about him.

Thats the thing EJ, is a tailor made Franchise QB. Height, Weight, Build, Arm Strength, Brains (He was a double bachelors), Looks, Public Speaking.

Its Just not clicking on the field of play at this very very very early point in time.

If ever does put it together we all be very happy.

This kind of off season work can only help.

I'm not the biggest EJ supporter, but I do love what the kid is as a person. He is a natural leader. I hope to eat crow about him.

I get having doubts about EJ. What I don't get is that as a Bills fan, why you won't support him fully? It's kinda the problem in this country. The President isn't my guy so I don't support him. I never have gotten that mentality.

If that's true (only took a week off), that's really impressive. Even if EJ doesn't work out, he has my full respect.

Agreed. The guy was 22 year old college kid playing for a title contender and found out his mom had breast cancer. He kept it in and played through it. And college fans are as bad if not worse than NFL fans when a guy struggles. EJ's a grown @ss man.

I get having doubts about EJ. What I don't get is that as a Bills fan, why you won't support him fully? It's kinda the problem in this country. The President isn't my guy so I don't support him. I never have gotten that mentality.

Agreed. The guy was 22 year old college kid playing for a title contender and found out his mom had breast cancer. He kept it in and played through it. And college fans are as bad if not worse than NFL fans when a guy struggles. EJ's a grown @ss man.

Completely agree. Especially at FSU.

I agree that every Bills fan should support EJ fully as both a person and player, until he shows himself not worthy of support as one or both. As for the President...well...let's just say we'll leave that for PPP. ;)

Trent Edwards was a good leader and a crap QB. Its fine EJ is being a good leader, but we need him to win games and be a damn good QB. My point again is this, its a feel good story until it produces on the field. Guys I am past feel good stories, I want talent on the field and Wins. I don't give a crap if EJ does or doesn't lead camps, feeds the homeless, protects baby kittens etc. I would rather read of him tossing a bag of kittens INTO the burning building if the guy can win us a Damn Superbowl. The only feel good thing I want is the feeling when Russ Brandon holds up the Lombardi Trophy for us fans. Sorry to be a jerk about it, but after nearly two damn Decades, 4 superbowl losses, listening to Cowboy fans their team sucking and all ragging my ass about being a Bills fan, I want WINS. Not good stories, WINS And Superbowl trophies. Again I am sorry if that ruffles feathers, but isn't it time to quit settling for being jacked over stuff like a QB leading offseason workouts? Surely many of you get my point here.

I get your point, but Trent was not a good leader

IMO DJ played to not lose games. I think that's timid.

Thats what i was referring to mostly.

That was timid. I think a Tampa two is timid though so what do i know ?

I don't think he'll make it but I think EJ will get pro bowl consideration. I don't think the pro bowl is necessarily the best players but I think he'll win some popularity this year.

But how do you think he will be as our QB ?

Will he rally the team ?

Can he play the game at speed this year ? Can the game slow down for him a bit ? Will he execute and trust enough to throw the guys open ?

Will he trust his O line for that last second when he sees his man about to break ? Will his receivers get to trust him ? That's a biggy too !

I think he has those abilities and this is a great way to get it rolling if these reports are true. I am a little stoked i guess

Go EJ !

don't over analyze it. And please don't add some political twist to my views, by assuming I'm what's wrong with this country. I'm routing for EJ; l'm just not sure he's a franchise QB. Like I said, I'd be happy to be wrong, and often am. Edited by JaxBills