If the Bills want Mathews then trading up with Jacksonville would make

Otherwise I don't see how the Bills could be in position to draft him. I fully expect the Rams to draft either Mathews or Robinson and Atlanta to take the other. Jacksonville is well within reach for a trade up without mortgaging too much. If the Jaguars are truly targeting a QB with their first pick then one of the three, Manziel, Bortles and Bridgewater, should be there at the #9 spot.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RapSheet/status/456077701598560257

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Otherwise I don't see how the Bills could be in position to draft him. I fully expect the Rams to draft either Mathews or Robinson and Atlanta to take the other. Jacksonville is well within reach for a trade up without mortgaging too much. If the Jaguars are truly targeting a QB with their first pick then one of the three, Manziel, Bortles and Bridgewater, should be there at the #9 spot.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RapSheet/status/456077701598560257

If the Bills trade up to 3 to draft Jake Mathews I will never watch another Bills game as long as I live.

https://mobile.twitt...077701598560257

Take Johnny Football @ 9. Gives Manuel legitimate competition. If they both end up looking like "NFL" QBs then we could make a heck of a trade!!!

You will be back by week 3 when you hear through the grapevine the bills are 2-0. Hah

I just don't think that I could believe in a team that traded next years 1st and a 2nd for a RT that is solid. That to me is like when the Raiders took Janikowski in the 1st. It would be one of the worst decisions in franchise history. If Mathews is there at 9 it is one thing but you do not move up for a RT!!

At one point during the college season Matthews was graded as the top prospect in the draft. One of the big 3 in Robinson, Matthews, and Lewan should be there when the Bills pick. I really hope Whaley and Marrone go OT in the 1st round. It's the quickest and best way to help EJ and the offense at this point

Edited by DDD

If the Bills trade up to 3 to draft Jake Mathews I will never watch another Bills game as long as I live.

Maybe not as long as I live but... Yes.

This would be about as bad as a draft could go - 2 firsts and a second for a tackle when you have a LT already....

I am with you. WTF are people thinking? We have a left tackle already. Do they think a kid that can be a pro bowl LEFT tackle and make LEFT Tackle money is going to say 'golly gee...Ill take it in the butt for 5 years then get franchised to play right tackle at right tackle pay'? Sure they do because they are stuck in 'Madden' land. This kid will fail to report and then sit out a year and be a top 3 pick next year to a team not stupid enough to try and draft a LEFT tackle to play RIGHT tackle.

Please... enough of the trading UP nonsense. This team has a lot of holes to fill/upgrade. One position at the expense of 3 others ISN'T going to help. There will most likely be a solid/impact player there at #9. If the guy/position you want isn't there, then trade DOWN a few (of course if you can) and fill/upgrade more of the holes we have. Who is this savior that people are willing to break the draft bank for??

I've said this in other threads. There is only once scenario that would involve the Bills having to trade up to get a player of value for them. That scenario says that only one quarterback would be taken with picks 1-8. I can't fathom a single scenario where that would be the case. There are 4 teams with serious quarterback deficiencies, and you could even argue that it should be 5 given that Bradford hasn't really panned out for the Rams. OT isn't such an absolute need at this point that they need to give up draft picks or other draft position to fill the void. Matthews or Evans will be there at #9 when they pick.

Edited by Luxy312

Take Johnny Football @ 9. Gives Manuel legitimate competition. If they both end up looking like "NFL" QBs then we could make a heck of a trade!!!

You will never get back the equivalent value of the #9 pick. Like the old saying goes, if you have two QBs, you don't have any. Teams know it's an untenable situation, one of them HAS to go, and your leverage is gone.

Disclaimer: that was OPINION.

GO BILLS!!!

Yeah and they can both end up on IR with our subpar offensive line.

How do you get sub par? This OL isn't that bad. LG has been addressed in FA. Now I get fans don't like who whaley got, but sorry its been addressed as for as the Bills are concerned. We need a RT, we can find that in the 3rd round and a damn good one as well. Now I did see a QB that had a HUGE knock on him as for as being able to read defenses quickly get sacked, but is that on the OL or on a Rookie QB that can't read defenses and make quick decisions?

Bottom line....Trade back. We need to trade back twice in my opinion. Now I get fans say a certain WR or TE is the new football God and if we dont' take one of them the world will end, blah blah blah. Pure BS. There is very little drop off in this VERY DEEP draft between what we would pick at #9 and #22 or so. Hell virtually none between #22 and #85 in this deep draft. 'Then why Kelly would anyone trade up'. Simple there are some damn stupid GM's out there that think like fans do :-). Ill bet real money Whaley's phone will be ringing off the hook for #9 by the time we are on the clock. Some GM falls in love with some player and he is there with our pick, you take the trade if its decent. BTW that guy we are constantly chasing up in New England by the name of Billy B doesnt' hesitate to trade back, he doesn't 'fall in love' with X player. Maybe we should try that concept someday...like THIS DRAFT!

Rams will draft either Robinson or Watkins and the Falcons will draft Mack so Matthews will be there for us @9

CBF

Then who are Jacksonville, Cleveland, Oakland, & TB,drafting that Matthews will be there?

My money is on Whaley... :)

Seriously...I've seen Whaley in person; dude's jacked.

May 8th...Please hurry up and get here!!! :lol:

^ This

https://mobile.twitt...077701598560257

I certainly hope so.

Hear, hear.