If the Bills want Mathews then trading up with Jacksonville would make

I would not go that far...

But I would be REAL pissed...No question...9 to 3 on the value chart would cost the Bills their 2nd in 2014 and their 2nd in 2015...That would be a terrible move... B-)

If the Bills gave up picks like this for an OT you would be able to knock me over with a feather.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what it does do though, unless one of them is ok getting RT paychecks, or we are willing to pay them both LT money, put an expiration on the high end results.

What i like about top ten picks is that the ceiling, for all intents and purposes, should be limitless. A HoF career being potentially added. Here, if cordy stays healthy and keeps playing very well, its ends up being at best, likely a 5 year addition.

(i know, i know, we should be so lucky that it all works out!)

That point is not lost on me by any means...I just happen to subscribe to the thought process that says to get the best guy in here and worry about 5 years from now 5 years from now.

To me this is why OT would win over WR. In order to find out what E.J. can do you have to protect him. He was hit often last year maybe too much.

Also believe that the Bills have enough talent around EJ right now for him to be productive. (Spiller, Stevie, Freddy, Woods, Williams, Goodwin, Chandler)

Getting Mathews would upgrade the run game as well. Keep in mind we had 2 900 plus yd rushers last year. They could Both go over 1000 if we upgrade the line.

Unless, of course, the team believes (as many on this site do) that the QB's getting hit so much was a product of (a) lack of pocket awareness, and (b) lack of open WRs.

That point is not lost on me by any means...I just happen to subscribe to the thought process that says to get the best guy in here and worry about 5 years from now 5 years from now.

Unless, of course, the team believes (as many on this site do) that the QB's getting hit so much was a product of (a) lack of pocket awareness, and (b) lack of open WRs.

I think Whaley and Marrone know that if they are both still here 5 years from now to make that decision, it will be a wonderful thing to have to worry about.

I tend to think this was due to lack of training camp reps missed and game time missed. I saw WR's open last year but he didnt pull the trigger. A full pro off season will help him see his mistakes. (hopefully).

Willing to give him a Full season to see if he can do it. Last year to me was an imcomplete grade.

But having said that I'm not totally sold on him (EJ)

A ton of OT's available in this draft. I'd take BPA at 9, or trade down. Then grab an OT. Also, what guards does everyone like>? I think we need an OT and Guard, or two OT's, one of whom can play guard, or a Guard that can play tackle.

A ton of OT's available in this draft. I'd take BPA at 9, or trade down. Then grab an OT. Also, what guards does everyone like>? I think we need an OT and Guard, or two OT's, one of whom can play guard, or a Guard that can play tackle.

What if the OT is the BPA at 9?

GO BILLS!!!

I tend to think this was due to lack of training camp reps missed and game time missed. I saw WR's open last year but he didnt pull the trigger. A full pro off season will help him see his mistakes. (hopefully).

Willing to give him a Full season to see if he can do it. Last year to me was an imcomplete grade.

But having said that I'm not totally sold on him (EJ)

Yes that was a part of the issue as well...I'm mostly in the same spot with regard to EJ.

GO BILLS!!!

And that is the million dollar question.

It has been widely discussed that the top 3 OT's in this draft would have gone BEFORE ANY of the OT's that wen in the top 5 of last years draft

So if you have Mathews or Lewan.....or for that matter just Lewan.....at 9.....then there is a strong possibility that it IS the best player available.

Yes that was a part of the issue as well...I'm mostly in the same spot with regard to EJ.

And I think that is a fair assessment.

GO BILLS!!!

Valid point...But BPA will be entirely dependent on who is the Bills BPA...Because no matter who they take they will say it was the BPA on their board...And it probably will be...But that could be a Safety, Cornerback, DE, WR...Who knows? The only thing I know is they will say it was the BPA on their board... B-)

Valid point...But BPA will be entirely dependent on who is the Bills BPA...Because no matter who they take they will say it was the BPA on their board...And it probably will be...But that could be a Safety, Cornerback, DE, WR...Who knows? The only thing I know is they will say it was the BPA on their board... B-)

Only "Probably"? They have the board for a reason... :)

If the Bills trade up to 3 to draft Jake Mathews I will never watch another Bills game as long as I live.

100% agree with you. Worthless player for the Bills. You can get RT IN THE 2nd or 3rd Round!

Edited by mattsox

Without betraying any confidences, I can safely say that the Bills do NOT have a safety or CB in their top 10 on the big board. For once, they hype on the non-QBs is matching actual assessments. This really IS one of the best drafts, talent wise (non-QB), in a decade. We're gonna get a good player in any scenario I can think of; trading up, trading down, or standing pat.

But you're right, they, like every other team will say the player they got was the best player on their board at the time. There's good reasons to say that, too.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't think we are terribly far apart here... I've argued the same before even.... Just in this case with it being a top ten pick and already settled at LT - I'd cringe a little. You can get very good FA RTs for so much cheaper than some of the other positions also being part of it too.

Would love if Bills traded down with Cleveland picking up Cleveland's early 2nd rounder. Cleveland assures themselves of getting Carr and Bills can collect another quality starter at pick #35. If the top 6 non-QB's all go before pick #9, difference in quality of player at #26 won't be that large.

Would love if Bills traded down with Cleveland picking up Cleveland's early 2nd rounder. Cleveland assures themselves of getting Carr and Bills can collect another quality starter at pick #35. If the top 6 non-QB's all go before pick #9, difference in quality of player at #26 won't be that large.

I like this and if we traded back that far, I would think we would get more than just their 2nd round pick

CBF

Without betraying any confidences, I can safely say that the Bills do NOT have a safety or CB in their top 10 on the big board. For once, they hype on the non-QBs is matching actual assessments. This really IS one of the best drafts, talent wise (non-QB), in a decade. We're gonna get a good player in any scenario I can think of; trading up, trading down, or standing pat.

But you're right, they, like every other team will say the player they got was the best player on their board at the time. There's good reasons to say that, too.

GO BILLS!!!

That's not possible...I know for a fact that I read on this board that Buffalo will draft HaHa Clinton-Dix at 9 because they only ever draft DBs in the first round.

I don't think we are terribly far apart here... I've argued the same before even.... Just in this case with it being a top ten pick and already settled at LT - I'd cringe a little. You can get very good FA RTs for so much cheaper than some of the other positions also being part of it too.

I agree...I'm just of the belief that Matthews would be BPA if he somehow (magically) slips to 9

I definitely think that a trade down with Cleveland would be the best possible scenario for the both teams. Cleveland would get Watkins and a QB while the BIlls could fill several holes and upgrade their depth.

Here is one possible scenario:

Bills receive Cleveland's #26, #36,#127

First Round

26.Ryan Shazier

Second Round

36. Morgan Moses

41.Troy Niklas

Third

73. Donte Moncrief

Fourth

109 Andre Williams

127: Aaron Lynch

GO BILLS!!!

I totally agree that we will be getting a very good player in the 1st round...And a player that will fill a need as well...My guess is...right now at least...that it would be Lewan or Ebron based on the fact that I think Clowney, Watkins, Robinson, Matthews, Mack, and Evans will all be gone in the top 8..But that's just a guess... B-)

I like this and if we traded back that far, I would think we would get more than just their 2nd round pick

CBF

Right...Clevelands 1st at #26, 2nd (35), 4th (106), and 6th (180) would be about dead even on the value chart...Very close... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

If Clowney, Robinson, Matthews, Mack, Watkins, and Evans are all gone, I'd take Cleveland's early 2nd rounder to move down to #26. Someone like Beckham, Mosley, or Roby could still be there at #26. Seferian-Jenkins could be there at #35. Draft has 1st round talent through mid 2nd round. All drafts are not equal. Trade value chart more a guide than anything else.