If the Bills want Mathews then trading up with Jacksonville would make

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thing is the top 3 OL might be all gone BEFORE we pick.

Better hope the Jags and Raiders both take QB's . Raiders with getting Schaub don't really have to. The Jags I think will take Johnny Football or Bortles.

Heres what I hope happens but I don't think it will play out.

Texans--Clowney

Rams- Mack

Jags- Mr. Football

Browns..Watkins.

Raiders.. Evans

Falcons.... OL Robinson for Matty Ice protection

Bucs..Bortles..first surprise move of draft

Vikings.. Ebron

Bills..... Mathews

At one point during the college season Matthews was graded as the top prospect in the draft. One of the big 3 in Robinson, Matthews, and Lewan should be there when the Bills pick. I really hope Whaley and Marrone go OT in the 1st round. It's the quickest and best way to help EJ and the offense at this point

Yes. Totally agree. Its amazing how a killer O line makes your receivers RB's and qb look great.

Potentially: Mewhort, Turner, Bitonio, Richardson or James. I feel pretty confident that at least 1 of these players will be available when the Bills pick in the 3rd. I personally would rather address RT in the 2nd with Moses.

Thank You Sir, you are walking the walk and backing up the talk. Although most are projected as shifting to guard, or are currently injured, they are the possibilities. Maybe not "damn good", but potential players. Although different mocks show a portion of them going late 2nd. Of them only James & Richardson seems to be better projected at tackle. I would not have a problem with Moses in the 2nd. He has "damn good" tackle potential. Although I have seen a couple of mocks where he goes late first.

Ryan@RyanTalbotBills 30m

Could be pre-draft talk, but my source told me the #Bills were blown-away with Jake Matthews. Source used the word "smitten." #BillsMafia

Chris Trapasso@ChrisTrapasso 12m

IMO, if Jake Matthews is there, it *should* be very hard for the #Bills to pass on him. He's miles ahead of Round 2/3 OTs.

He's the only tackle I want. Robinson scares me because I feel like he just may be a workout warrior and Lewan is talented but 9 is too high. Mathews at 9 has grown on me.

Ryan@RyanTalbotBills 30m

Could be pre-draft talk, but my source told me the #Bills were blown-away with Jake Matthews. Source used the word "smitten." #BillsMafia

Chris Trapasso@ChrisTrapasso 12m

IMO, if Jake Matthews is there, it *should* be very hard for the #Bills to pass on him. He's miles ahead of Round 2/3 OTs.

at 9, depending on who is on the board, i could be ok with it. ill never be thrilled with a RT that high, but also can envision situations where it would be the right pick (and begrudge the talent available and how the selections before fell).... but generally speaking the situations best case scenario (which would still be good), with glenn on the roster, if both succeed and are healthy it puts a natural expiration date on one of their careers with the bills.

He's the only tackle I want. Robinson scares me because I feel like he just may be a workout warrior and Lewan is talented but 9 is too high. Mathews at 9 has grown on me.

If he is there at 9... I think he would very likely be BPA. Now if he AND Evans are there... Marrone will need to decide whether he can make do with "lesser OL talent" and go for the big deal WR that immediately makes their offense scary and a problem for DCs, or max protect his QB.

If he is there at 9... I think he would very likely be BPA. Now if he AND Evans are there... Marrone will need to decide whether he can make do with "lesser OL talent" and go for the big deal WR that immediately makes their offense scary and a problem for DCs, or max protect his QB.

I don't think there would be any hesitation if Matthews is there...they'd take him because he's both BPA and fills a big need.

If we draft a tackle top ten then that means our Stud of a LT we already have wont be resigned and will walk in 2 years time.

Why cant we just let Glenn be, he is one of our best players. Maybe the best player on our Offense.

Also, what makes anyone think this FO regime values high-pick O linemen? We got Glenn in the second, we can find a RT in the 2nd or 4rd or 4th.

Edited by peterpan

If we draft a tackle top ten then that means our Stud of a LT we already have wont be resigned and will walk in 2 years time.

Why cant we just let Glenn be, he is one of our best players. Maybe the best player on our Offense.

No it doesn't....not at all.

I don't think there would be any hesitation if Matthews is there...they'd take him because he's both BPA and fills a big need.

If OBD believes this is a make or break year for EJ, they need to keep him on the field. In order to do that, they need to protect him. If Matthews is there, I think they pull the trigger.

No, it doesn't. RT is almost as important as LT now. The salary cap is going up and up. Teams will pay both if they are lucky enough to have both, IMO.

No it doesn't....not at all.

what it does do though, unless one of them is ok getting RT paychecks, or we are willing to pay them both LT money, put an expiration on the high end results.

What i like about top ten picks is that the ceiling, for all intents and purposes, should be limitless. A HoF career being potentially added. Here, if cordy stays healthy and keeps playing very well, its ends up being at best, likely a 5 year addition.

(i know, i know, we should be so lucky that it all works out!)

To me this is why OT would win over WR. In order to find out what E.J. can do you have to protect him. He was hit often last year maybe too much.

Also believe that the Bills have enough talent around EJ right now for him to be productive. (Spiller, Stevie, Freddy, Woods, Williams, Goodwin, Chandler)

Getting Mathews would upgrade the run game as well. Keep in mind we had 2 900 plus yd rushers last year. They could Both go over 1000 if we upgrade the line.

Edited by Bufcomments

LMAO ok thanks for coming by and gracing us with your Presence. BTW you are a GM or scout for who again? That said The experts across the board have said you can get a good Starting RT and Guards into round 3 and its fact. I am not going to go re trace the last couple months assessments by everyone for you, but they have said it, I don't guess, speculate or just pull statements like that out of my butt. As for as other solid facts, NO team or GM worth a damn drafts RT's in the first round. Now they plan on these guys being LT's and some end up not living up to potential and being RT's but you just do not get a RT in round one period. And I am with another poster that if Whaley and company take a guy to play RT in round one when we can still upgrade LB, TE, Safety etc. I have to say they are worthless and I am done with this team. Fortunately I don't feel Whaley is anywhere near that stupid. My personal choice is to trade down at least once and get more picks. Address LB, TE at that point, and in round 2 Grab a RT and maybe more if we have another 2nd rounder like last year.

The only think more stupid than taking a pure RT in round one (esp in the top 10) is taking a punter at #9.

Or a TE

If the Bills trade up to 3 to draft Jake Mathews I will never watch another Bills game as long as I live.

I would not go that far...

But I would be REAL pissed...No question...9 to 3 on the value chart would cost the Bills their 2nd in 2014 and their 2nd in 2015...That would be a terrible move... B-)