If the Bills want Mathews then trading up with Jacksonville would make

Actually the link I just posted in this thread from Walter Football amasses stats to show exactly the opposite. Check out the link.

This goes back to a previous thread from last month or so. Mr. Chan was pontificating about the high bust rates of OTs compared to other positions selected in the top 10. I told him my experience informed me otherwise, but I'd be willing to look at the numbers if he could find them. I'm not surprised he not only didn't follow up, but that data actually exists to support the opposite as you point out.

In his defense though, he's been busy figuring out the odds of QBs succeeding, which is far more important.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This goes back to a previous thread from last month or so. Mr. Chan was pontificating about the high bust rates of OTs compared to other positions selected in the top 10. I told him my experience informed me otherwise, but I'd be willing to look at the numbers if he could find them. I'm not surprised he not only didn't follow up, but that data actually exists to support the opposite as you point out.

In his defense though, he's been busy figuring out the odds of QBs succeeding, which is far more important.

GO BILLS!!!

It's hard for me to admit this, but I discovered I was wrong. Lucky for me, that's not usually the case.

Still, a more moderate stance would be that while O-linemen are "safe" picks, usually teams that take them miss out on superstars still on the board. I believe that at #9 there will be players whose potential far exceeds the O-linemen available. I believe WEO had a good post supporting that platform for the last 6 drafts or so.

Edited by FireChan