Game of Thrones Part Deax: The Readers Thread

Kevin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fortunately Davos is there to slap him upside the head.

Early on when he was with Stannis I thought Davos should be the one calling the shots there

Not sure he'd make a good King with all the politicking, but Davos is an excellent leader

I think it will make him ruthless when the time comes for that

He did hang the boy

If somebody killed me, I'd want to hang 'em too. Don't care how hold the f*cker is

Is it possible Jon Snow dies......again?

More likely Ramsey dies. Given Ramsey's use of the dogs to dispatch his step-mother and baby brother, I'm thinking Ramsey meets his long overdue demise in the jaws of Ghost (or possibly Arya's wolf who has been wandering around Westeros for five years)

Early on when he was with Stannis I thought Davos should be the one calling the shots there

Not sure he'd make a good King with all the politicking, but Davos is an excellent leader

If somebody killed me, I'd want to hang 'em too. Don't care how hold the f*cker is

More likely Ramsey dies. Given Ramsey's use of the dogs to dispatch his step-mother and baby brother, I'm thinking Ramsey meets his long overdue demise in the jaws of Ghost (or possibly Arya's wolf who has been wandering around Westeros for five years)

Better yet, John wargs into Ramsey's dogs and he is eaten by his own hounds.

Better yet, John wargs into Ramsey's dogs and he is eaten by his own hounds.

I'd hate to think what that does to the guy who wargs into the dogs...

They probably turn into a Ramsey-like creature, come to think of it.

After this season, there will only be 13 episodes remaining. And they'll be spread-out over 2 seasons.

Has that been confirmed? I keep hearing the writers say they can wrap up GOT in 13 episodes and "may" go that route. HBO will certainly push for more...

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/game-of-thrones-end-date-season-8-1201752746/

Game of Thrones' Director Confirms Season 7 Will Be Shorter

"Game of Thrones" showrunners Dan Weiss and David Benioff caused a stir earlier this year when they suggested that the next (and final?) two seasons of "Game of Thrones" would be shorter than seasons past, encompassing just 13 episodes between them. Now, one of the show's directors has confirmed that an abbreviated season seven is indeed in order.

Confirmed: only 7 episodes in season 7

Phuckin' ay.

Speechless. Best battle scene ever. I thought they couldn't top the first 10 minutes of the episode. That was just a warmup.

I thought Ramsey would get served to his own hounds, too. Nice way form him to go.

Phuckin' ay.

Speechless. Best battle scene ever. I thought they couldn't top the first 10 minutes of the episode. That was just a warmup.

I thought Ramsey would get served to his own hounds, too. Nice way form him to go.

Revenge and redemption should be the name of the episode.

I agree, great episode!

It was a long-building release and relief to see Ramsey get his due. They stretched it enough to realize most GOT fan fantasies about his demise: John beat him to death, Sana killed him, and his hounds ate him. After following John through the episode, his beating Ramsey was very visceral; it was like we the audience finally got to do what we have wanted for a long time.

The battle itself was unbelievably realistic and chaotic, a medieval Saving private Ryan. I have never seen anything like that. How many horses did we see collide at full speed? How did they pull that off?

Where the !@#$ was Ghost? The real answer I think is that they were over budget. Story-wise though, that was unforgivable to just omit him.

Edited by Matt in KC

Tidbits

Run in a zig-zag Rickon!

I was surprised none of the northern houses turned on Ramsey. I think this marks a significant departure from the books.

Shireen's little wooden stag didn't burn in her pyre (but all of her bones did)? Speaking of which, are they really going to burn Wun Wun's body? (Can giants be re-animated?)

Iwan Rheon's acting, as Ramsey, will be missed, but I am beyond done watching his sadism.

Melissandre really just sat on the sidelines moping? wth? This smacks of the show runners having no idea what GRRM will do with her.

Daenerys can't just pull out and leave all of the slave cities behind, to fall back into chaos. Who do you think is left behind? Is a dragon left behind?

Tidbits

Run in a zig-zag Rickon!

Yeah, that kind-of bugged me. Or run behind one of the burning crosses. Or at least have someone from Jon's army call out instructions. "Turn right! Turn right!" Single arrows at 150+ yards? Not that difficult to dodge.

That tracking shot of Jon in the cavalry melee kept me awake last night thinking about it. I've never been in a medieval cavalry charge, so anyone who has can feel free to correct me...but based on everything I've ever read (not inconsiderable), that's as accurate a portrayal of a charge/counter-charge as you'll ever see.