Favorite draft pick by the Bills this millenium?

Who was your favorite draft pick by the Bills since 2000 - at the time of the draft, not based on what happened afterward? The commish said, "With the x overall pick, the Buffalo Bills select -- and you literally celebrated? Either because that was a guy you wanted them to take all along, or maybe they traded back and took someone else but you thought it was a great choice at that new spot...or even they took someone you thought was a surprise ....but it was a great surprise?

Mine was Robert Woods, I watched him play in college and was really impressed. I jumped off the couch when they got him in the 2nd round. Interesting stat on Woods - as a true 18 year old freshman, he had 12 catches for 224 yards against Richard Sherman when he was a senior.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd vote for Cordy Glenn also. But a close second is the Manuel-Woods-Alonso group simply based on how well Buddy played his hand - essentially wringing three solid prospects out of the two picks that he held going into the draft.

Edited by BillnutinHouston

Nate Clements.

Beautiful draft move. We traded down like 10 spots and got the best corner in the draft. He was a great player for us (plus the trade let us grab schoebel and Travis Henry in round 2).

Honorable mention was Terrance McGee. I loved the pick when it was made, and ended up loving McGee as a player.

Sam Cowart. He was destined for greatness before getting cheap-shotted vs. Tampa Bay.

GO BILLS!!!

Not that it wasn't great to land him in the second round, but Cowart was drafted in 1998

After watching the QB skills competition at the 2013 superbowl, then listening to him being interviewed, I was thrilled we ended up with EJ. Almost as happy to land Woods in the second.

It's hard to pick just one. I like EJ Manuel last year. The Bills not only traded down, but got their #1 QB on the board. I don't think that happens too often. Cordy Glenn was huge. Here's a guy that could have been the first LT chosen, but had some character issues and the Bills get him in the 2nd round. All of the measurables of Dareus put him above Suh, so I was ecstatic for that pick. I will admit that I liked James Hardy too. Thought he had the makings of that big indefensible receiver we've been wanting to see since Eric Moulds (who wasn't all that big to boot). I liked the Whitner and Clements picks too, but have a soft spot for Ohio State defensive players.

Trent Edwards. I thought he was going to be the greatest. That turned out well.

Close second would be Kiko. He was a stud in college and it showed that this regime was willing to take chances on kids with checkered pasts. It doesn't always work out, but you definitely miss out on some real good players if you never take the chance.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

It's hard to pick just one. I like EJ Manuel last year. The Bills not only traded down, but got their #1 QB on the board. I don't think that happens too often. Cordy Glenn was huge. Here's a guy that could have been the first LT chosen, but had some character issues and the Bills get him in the 2nd round. All of the measurables of Dareus put him above Suh, so I was ecstatic for that pick. I will admit that I liked James Hardy too. Thought he had the makings of that big indefensible receiver we've been wanting to see since Eric Moulds (who wasn't all that big to boot). I liked the Whitner and Clements picks too, but have a soft spot for Ohio State defensive players.

How about Ashton Ya-booty? B-)