Don't rule out Niagara Falls, N.Y. as Bills future home

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks jw,

love the idea of a Dome stadium near the falls :thumbsup:

i hate the idea of a domed stadium anywhere

i do like the idea of sharing facilities with U of Buffalo as it could only help them in recruiting as well

Edited by Max997

How wide is the Rainbow bridge to let the Canadians across the border for games? I don't remember it very well, it may need to be widened.

Lewiston Bridge would work also for Canadian Fans. Just put it somewhere where folks can get to the roads to go to and from without a big hastle. That is the big shortcoming of the downtown Buffalo waterfront location.

How wide is the Rainbow bridge to let the Canadians across the border for games? I don't remember it very well, it may need to be widened.

There will be a bump of new Canadians on board the Bills bandwagon by knocking off an hour of travel time, I would guess. The Rainbow can handle it.

We've managed with Peace Bridge's crappy two lanes so far.

This always made sense as it moves the team closer to Toronto to continue to grow the Canadian market. In addition there was that article a year or 2 ago about the Kelly group and the piece of land that is owned by a suspected investor. The land is right near the falls if I remember correctly.

i hate the idea of a domed stadium anywhere

i do like the idea of sharing facilities with U of Buffalo as it could only help them in recruiting as well

Love a dome...be nice to use it for other events and sitting in sub zero temps isnt fun for many of us anymore.

Facts,

UB is remodeling their stadium as part of a campus modernization 2020.

No way Erie county gives up the tax revenue the Bills generate unless they get something in return.

The falls is a great tourist destination, and having the Bills there would drive tourists numbers From Canada, but folks in the southern tier might not like the longer drive.

If it's a retractable dome I'm OK with it - only needs to be closed when WE want it to be. Maybe have fans vote on the way in.

From what I know of how it works in Indy, they have to decide by the morning of the game (for a 1:00 game) for various logistical reasons. In Indy, they only open it when there is 0 chance of precipitation and it isn't too hot. In Buffalo, they may choose to use the weather to their advantage if they are playing a dome or warm weather team so would be open for different reasons, obviously, but don't think it could be a fan vote as they walk in, too close to game time.