If We Pass on Ebron .... We Will Regret it

i like ebron a lot but think about the offense that hackett runs. i don't see how he would work a ebron type TE into the mix. they like those inline TEs who block and catch. i just don't see him being used to his ability with the bills and might be a wasted pick. not putting him in the best place to succeed.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weaknesses: Lacks ideal height and bulk. Can improve as a blocker, both in-line and on the move -- could stand to improve technique, physicality and finish. Not equipped to lock horns with NFL defensive ends. Inconsistent adjusting to and fitting on moving targets. Blocking effort does not parallel that of receiving. Could stand to play with more consistent intensity and focus. Occasional concentration drop. Ordinary touchdown production. Cannot be used as a fullback.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/eric-ebron?id=2543466

Deep draft. If you can assure me Clowney is even 80% of what Bruce was then trade up and get him. Otherwise trade down and add depth and talent to both lines. They need RT, back-up center, DE, TE, and another MLB. As well as a pick to take a chance on Aaron Murray in the fourth round.

He also drop a lot of passes

If we were to trade down and then draft him I would have no problem

CBF

I agree. Also, 3 TD's last year? I'm not getting why everyone thinks he is better than Jenkins. I'd rather trade down and get him.

Deep draft. If you can assure me Clowney is even 80% of what Bruce was then trade up and get him. Otherwise trade down and add depth and talent to both lines. They need RT, back-up center, DE, TE, and another MLB. As well as a pick to take a chance on Aaron Murray in the fourth round.

I agree. I think we are okay at the "skill" positions, I'd rather go after OL and run/pass stopping now. I think we can find a good TE in the 2nd-4th rounds.

Look, I love the idea of getting a WR or TE when we pick in the first round. However, if I can draft a RT that I can just plug in and say I'll see ya in 4-5 years when its time for your next contract, then I'll take that. I'll take that all day long.

If they truly and convincingly believe they can get another Cordy Glenn for RT in the 2nd round, sure then, have fun in the first on something else.

I just don't want to hear phrases like "has great potential to improve" or "should work his way into the starting line-up during his rookie year" at all with respect to our RT draft pick.

Ebron, Evans, and don't forget about Marquis Lee. And how about that fast guy from Oregon State too? All great receivers that could last until the end of the 1st. I think all of these guys have the potential to be stars in the league and I'm going to be jealous if someone like the Pats gets one of these guys and we end up going with an OT in the first

Ebron only had 3 TDs last year, seems like very little production for a guy being touted as a can't-miss redzone threat. He only has 8 TDs in his NCAA career, I'd expect more than that in a single season for a top-10 NFL draft pick. Sure, his highlights are impressive, but he didn't dominate at the college level. I worry he may turn out to be another Pettigrew (minus the blocking).

He's a great athlete, but his measurables pale in comparison to a freak like Vernon Davis. His draft stock is largely based on potential, and I don't like that. The Bills have been burned too many times drafting on potential. Let a team who can afford to swing for the fences have Ebron.

For everyone that talks about his lack of TDS...he was double and triple...game plan need for on a team with no other weapons and a injuried Qb.... the vision our red zone td rate was horrible...Ebron talent alone and athletic ability improves those numbers alone

For everyone that talks about his lack of TDS...he was double and triple...game plan need for on a team with no other weapons and a injuried Qb.... the vision our red zone td rate was horrible...Ebron talent alone and athletic ability improves those numbers alone

added one for the triple coverage :flirt:

Not only is he considered to be clearly the best TE in this draft..

He is considered as one of the best we athletes in this draft.

He is a match up nightmare the perfect advantage a 2nd year QB needs....

Ebron even give the Bills the flexibility to play two TE sets....

I continue to watch videos on him, and he has weaknesses but they can be coached up but his physical gifts and natural abilities CAN NOT...

Example his ability to locate the ball in traffic. Elevating at the peak of the catch (he goes an gets it) Body Control ect...

If We Pass on him we'll regret it

I agree with you! I think Ebron's going to be an elite NFL talent and a very versatile target for their 1st round "QB of the future" pick EJ Manuel. IMO there's just no getting around the importance of providing "lift off" for Manuel in the passing game this year. Because if he doesn't establish himself this year it's probable the Bills are back on track for another go on the QB merry-go-round along with another coaching change.

Yes, it would be great to have an all pro RT like Matthews. But there will be two or three RTs available the 2nd round that will be a big upgrade over what we have there now. The pick of Manuel in the first round last year makes Eric Ebron a must have if he's there.

The guy makes unreal grabs for a WR let alone a TE. I understand that there's a lot of fans here who want no part of him at #9, but that's ok. There's rarely any changing of minds by this late stage of draft season...lol

Depends on how much he tweets.

If we pass him there are about 10 more team to draft him before he hits our division. He is the only TE that is projected to be picked in the first round but I have no problem passing him up in the top 10 if someone falls, or even if some doesn't fall.... just don't pull another TJ Graham.

Edited by The Wiz

Not only is he considered to be clearly the best TE in this draft..

He is considered as one of the best we athletes in this draft.

He is a match up nightmare the perfect advantage a 2nd year QB needs....

Ebron even give the Bills the flexibility to play two TE sets....

I continue to watch videos on him, and he has weaknesses but they can be coached up but his physical gifts and natural abilities CAN NOT...

Example his ability to locate the ball in traffic. Elevating at the peak of the catch (he goes an gets it) Body Control ect...

If We Pass on him we'll regret it

There is absolutely nothing special about Eric Ebron.

Which one of these TEs would you like:

(The Stats are from their last college season.)

Height Weight 40 Time Reps Vert Jump Arm Length Hand Size Rec Yards TD Drop %

6/5 265 4.74 28 33 34 9 98 1240 7 7.69

6/4 250 4.6 24 32 33.25 10 55 895 3 11.43

6/6 265 4.76 25 31.5 33 10.25 26 253 6 DNQ

6/7 270 4.86 27 32 34.12 10 28 422 5 8.57

6/6 262 4.75 20 DNQ 33.75 9.75 36 450 8 5.41

Edited by Why So Serious?

There is absolutely nothing special about Eric Ebron.

that is what I feel too. I think this draft has 3 great offensive tackles, and chances are that one will be available at 9. IMO we would be better off with Lewan/Mathews over Pears, Chandler- then Pears, and Ebron over Chandler. We can't screw up this pick

I've never seen people get so worked up about a guy that had three touchdowns last season. I'm not saying he's not going to make it as a pro, but I just don't see this unstoppable weapon that others seem to see. He may well be the best TE to enter the draft in the past couple of years, but at the end of the day he's still just a TE. Give me one of the dominant tackles instead.