Bills should play Lions on Thanksgiving Day

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be surprised if we don't get the Thanksgiving day game vs. the Lions. It's either us or the Dolphins. Jim Schwartz and Ralph Wilson both have Detroit ties, which seems like it might make it a sensible pick. I also read this year that NBC can flex the Cowboys or Lions game this year into the 8:30 time slot. Meaning it's probable the Bills would play the Lions in the early game, but it is possible it could be the 8:30 game if flexed to NBC that night. This would allow CBS to schedule in a sexier AFC vs. AFC game in the 1 PM time slot (and I'm sure it won't be hard to find a "sexier" matchup than Bills @ Lions). So, moral of the story: Don't be shocked if it's Bills @ Lions, primetime, 8:30PM. Would be a lotta fun!

Yes on hard knocks. No on thanksgiving game for me. Unless it is the prime time game but I think that is unlikely. I love thanksgiving sans bills. I don't need the bills coming all up in the great man day that is thanksgiving and ruining it.

Yes on hard knocks. No on thanksgiving game for me. Unless it is the prime time game but I think that is unlikely. I love thanksgiving sans bills. I don't need the bills coming all up in the great man day that is thanksgiving and ruining it.

Agreed on no Thanksgiving game. I like to eat, drink, and enjoy the people I love on turkey day. When I watch the Bills I usually am an irritable prick-bag.

So some of you dont think we cant beat those dirty ole Lions on Thanksgiving day?

Or its too hard to even notice family and friends when the Bills are on?

I am closer to the second sentence . I get glued to the TV .

I'd love us to play the Thanksgiving game - but then it isn't a holiday here in the UK, and I do understand those who don't want to spend the day with the nerves and irritation that watching a game brings. I'm very much the same in terms of never wanting my soccer team to be the prime time game here on Boxing Day as it distracts me from what should be a family day.

I would be surprised if we don't get the Thanksgiving day game vs. the Lions. It's either us or the Dolphins. Jim Schwartz and Ralph Wilson both have Detroit ties, which seems like it might make it a sensible pick. I also read this year that NBC can flex the Cowboys or Lions game this year into the 8:30 time slot. Meaning it's probable the Bills would play the Lions in the early game, but it is possible it could be the 8:30 game if flexed to NBC that night. This would allow CBS to schedule in a sexier AFC vs. AFC game in the 1 PM time slot (and I'm sure it won't be hard to find a "sexier" matchup than Bills @ Lions). So, moral of the story: Don't be shocked if it's Bills @ Lions, primetime, 8:30PM. Would be a lotta fun!

Why would NBC want to flex the Bills Lions game? That makes no sense. The only other matchup I could think of that has less national appeal would be the Bills vs Browns.

Why would NBC want to flex the Bills Lions game? That makes no sense. The only other matchup I could think of that has less national appeal would be the Bills vs Browns.

Any combination of:

Jaguars, Buccaneers, Browns, Raiders

Any combination of:

Jaguars, Buccaneers, Browns, Raiders

Reading is fundamental. He's talking specifically about Thanksgiving. That means a team has to be playing against the cowboys or Lions to get the game. (obviously there is another game with "non-traditional" teams) Six teams will play that day and there is a pretty good shot that the Bills will be one of them. With me so far? Estro then goes on to explain why the Bills (if picked to play a Thanksgiving game) may get moved to the late slot. He even uses the phrase "I'm sure it won't be hard to find a "sexier" matchup than Bills @ Lions" in his response, but, please carry on mischaracterizing what you "read" here.