Brandon Spikes Predicting two W's against Pats

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if this guy does in fact bring a passion, intensity and swagger to the bills then this is a great signing. win, lose or draw, if his mission is to make the patriot games personal grudge matches i may develop a man crush on this guy.

having said all that, i would actually much rather have the guy firing up the locker room than firing off on social media. but, i guess that i should just admit that i am getting older and the world has changed. oh well, guess i should get back to my rocking chair on the porch so i can yell at the neighbor kids to get off my lawn.

Love it. This has nothing to do with if/how the Pats* will exploit matchups, or even whether we do beat them twice. It's all about exuding some confidence and showing some balls. The fact that it's the Pats* is just icing on the cake.

My favorite fom the group of tweets:

"I'll tweet in a sec. Busy blocking every single #M A S S H O L E one sec #Twitter brb"

:lol:

Edited by stevewin

Absolutely have zero issues with it. I loved listening to WGR this afternoon listening to people cry about this like babies :lol:

I love Spike's attitude and intensity. I have no problem at all with him counting on beating the Patriots. Isn't that the goal of the game? Win as many games as possible. How many times have Belichick and Brady curb-stomped us in our own house & Foxboro over the past decade? They have run up the score & embarrassed pass Bills' teams too many times. What bothers me the most about it is the fact that no one those team's seemed to even care. Heartless. No emotion on the sidelines or after the game. It was f'ing pathetic. It was like they expected to be blown out @ home on national television in that 52-whatever decimation that one Sunday night.

Brandon Spikes is not the type of player that will just lay down and take it. He wants to win games & accomplish that by imposing fear on the opposing ball carrier. He was the heart & soul of that dominating Florida Gators team. He is a Ray Lewis type presence in the locker room that will step up & motivate the rest of the defense. This defense is on the cusp of greatness but is lacking that Ray Lewis type "spark plug" to fire everyone else up. Guys like Mario Williams & Kyle Williams are great players but not that vocal leader that you need to be successful. To be an effective leader, you need to be great at what you do like the Williams... they just aren't that type of fiery presence. Spikes is the best at what he does: Punish RB's- he rates out as the best ILB against the run over the past 2 seasons so he has walk to back up his talk.

He obviously feels like NE wronged him & wants payback. I think that was one of major reasons he signed here because of our 2 games against them. This is what he wants to do to NE & the rest of the league:

http://youtu.be/AYDuOzKA-Rk

Boy oh boy do I LOVE this signing on so many levels. One of the best ILB in the NFL in the prime of his career. Vocal & intense team leader. Instantly improves our run defense. Allows Kiko Alonso to move outside where he can use his athleticism more effectively. Has a hatred of NE that you can't just teach your players.

Spikes has excellent blood lines and is a good football player that brings attitude and leadership to the linebacker position.

Just imagine what he will be able to do playing behind the best d-line in football?? I think he has a pro-bowl season & becomes a true 3 down LB. NE's d-line was a joke last season due to injuries & isn't as good as the Bills line even when healthy.

Edited by smapdi

Classless on Spikes part. I don't think this is going to go over well with Marrone. Spikes strikes me as a "me" guy. Marrone is all about the team.

:rolleyes:

Spikes is all about the team. He was the heart & soul of that dominating Florida team- the team leader. Guys looked up to him & he inspired them / held them accountable out on the field. The BIlls' haven't had a leader on defense like him since Takeo Spikes left. Football is a very emotional game & a vocal leader like Spikes can really make a difference. That has been one of this club's biggest problems: the lack of a vocal leader. Too many indians with no chief to lead them

Kiss the soft Bill's teams of Chan Gailey & Dick Jauron bye-bye with the acquisition of him. It has been lllooooonnnngggg over due IMO. I want my LB's to be mean, nasty mo-fo's who want to make ball carriers pay. Even a millisecond of hesitation can be the difference in the NFL. Having a play like Spikes roaming the middle of the field will give a lot of WR's/TE's alligator arms if they know a hit like that Ballard one I posted is waiting for them as soon as they catch it.

Edited by smapdi

:rolleyes:

Spikes is all about the team. He was the heart & soul of that dominating Florida team- the team leader. Guys looked up to him & he inspired them / held them accountable out on the field. The BIlls' haven't had a leader on defense like him since Takeo Spikes left. Football is a very emotional game & a vocal leader like Spikes can really make a difference. That has been one of this club's biggest problems: the lack of a vocal leader. Too many indians with no chief to lead them

Kiss the soft Bill's teams of Chan Gailey & Dick Jauron bye-bye with the acquisition of him. It has been lllooooonnnngggg over due IMO. I want my LB's to be mean, nasty mo-fo's who want to make ball carriers pay. Even a millisecond of hesitation can be the difference in the NFL. Having a play like Spikes roaming the middle of the field will give a lot of WR's/TE's alligator arms if they know a hit like that Ballard one I posted is waiting for them as soon as they catch it.

This. The moral high ground around here amazes me. We have been the Patriots* female dogs for a decade. Sometimes you have to make a statement that you won't take it any more. Spikes has done that. I see this as something the Bills can rally around rather than "classless".

So we piss the Patriots* off? Who cares? This isn't 2007. They're good, but not invincible. The Bills can beat them. Twice.

Edited by Bronc24

Classless on Spikes part. I don't think this is going to go over well with Marrone. Spikes strikes me as a "me" guy. Marrone is all about the team.

I think Marrone knows what he's getting in Spikes. If he's surprised by this then I'd be shocked. You don't go get someone like Brandon Spikes and expect him to change who he is, hell I'm pretty sure they signed him BECAUSE of who he is.

oh boy: http://www.nfl.com/n...s-over-patriots

gotta love the optimism, but....

It's about time we had a little bit of attitude on this team ! We always have the laid back guys , i love what Whaley is doing being aggressive & taking chances on some guys that may have had some character issues .

I hope these guys come in & put the passion back into Bills football & energizes the fan base as well !!

For anyone who cares about ESPN talking heads, I caught part of Numbers Never Lie with Jemele Hill and Michael Smith. They were debating whether this had more to do with the Pats* or with Spikes. Smith just railed on Spikes, proclaiming that he was now the Bills, scoffed, listed their years without playoffs, number of losing seasons, last winning season, and record against Pats* with Brady. I would listed the numbers but you all know them and it makes me sick. So he said it was a complete joke and it was all about Spikes. Hill said it was more about the Pats*, citing Welker's comments last season and that the players feel stifled by the organization and then feel free when they are gone, then have huge motivation to beat them. Anyway, FWIW.

I love it, I really couldn't care less who it offends. He's a football player not a politician.

He may be an offensive dooosche, but he's our offensive dooosche!

I think Marrone knows what he's getting in Spikes. If he's surprised by this then I'd be shocked. You don't go get someone like Brandon Spikes and expect him to change who he is, hell I'm pretty sure they signed him BECAUSE of who he is.

Yes... He got an MLB that is going to jar some RB dental fillings loose. I've was hoping Bradham would be this guy but let's face it, the last guy on the squad laying lumber was whitner?!?!

He may be an offensive dooosche, but he's our offensive dooosche!

Yes... He got an MLB that is going to jar some RB dental fillings loose. I've was hoping Bradham would be this guy but let's face it, the last guy on the squad laying lumber was whitner?!?!

Probably the fairest answer all around. Otherwise, I have no idea how to explain so many guys excited about the tough edginess of a tweet in April.