DE Jarius Wynn Signs with Bills

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jarius Jessereel Wynn (born August 29, 1986) is an American football defensive end for the Buffalo Bills of theNational Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Green Bay Packers in the sixth round (182nd overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft. He played college football at Georgia.

Wynn has also played for the Tennessee Titans, San Diego Chargers, and Dallas Cowboys.

6'5" 275 lbs. Sounds like depth at best. We'll see. Lawson is 240 lbs. and Hughes is 255 lbs. Too small for DE in a 4-3. Sounds like their plan is not to go after DE in the first round. I'm thinking more and more like we are going after a RT in round 1. As Gil Brandt says, it is liars month in the NFL the way they double talk prior to the draft. Their actions by who they are picking up, they are looking to shore up the line.

You guys have convinced me and I've come around to the point if we have book end absolute studs at Tackle, what that would do for EJ, the offense, time for Goodwin to get open deep, and the run game. God I hope we get an absolute beast in the draft. Then it will be worth it, and even to pay Glenn in two years, and this guy in 4.

Sounds like he's a versatile player because he can play 4-3 and 3-4 end and has enough strength to go inside and play tackle in spot duty. Sounds an awful lot like Carrington to me, whom I would have rather had. But maybe the injury was a concern or the suggested agent theory.

I really would like to know the real reason on why they didn't try harder to keep Carrington.

:thumbsup:

I like his attitude. Perhaps he's Carrington's replacement?

We do need help at DE, and I still think going after Stephon Tuitt in the 2nd round would be a wise move.

When I ran Fanspeaks draft he kept coming up as BPA and makes sense.

Never heard of him, but not surprising they signed a DE. If we assume that Schwartz's D will be more of a pure 4-3 and less "multiple" than Pettine's (which Marrone seemed to confirm last time he spoke about it), then it's unlikely that Dareus or Kyle W. or Branch will be lining up at DE much. That leaves Mario W. and Hughes, and apparently Manny Lawson per Whaley's comments. If we accept that Lawson really is looked at as a base-package DE, that's still only 3 on the roster, which isn't even enough during the season, much less the offseason. Personally, I think Lawson will be cut in training camp, but we shall see.

Obviously Wynn isn't setting anyone on fire, but from a pure numbers standpoint, they needed more at his position. I wouldn't be surprised to see a fairly high pick spent at DE as well, especially considering Hughes is going into the last year of his deal.

Well said. I'm sure / hoping he was cheap and we all know he will be rotational depth. More of a "set the edge" type DE as opposed to a pass rusher. Nothing wrong with this...keep bringing guys in, keep the bottom of the roster churning so to speak, and create as much competition as possible.

Whaley has seemingly put Buffalo in a position to select BPA throughout the draft which is always a good thing.

I really would like to know the real reason on why they didn't try harder to keep Carrington.

injury prone? But I think Branch was his replacement and once he was extended, Carrington was not needed. Wynn is a backup at best/camp fodder at worst.

John Murphy@JohnMurphyShow 38s

Complete audio: Wynn Ready to Help Bills 'Win' http://ow.ly/2Fv9wQ

Edited by YoloinOhio