Donald Trump asked to invest in the Bills

LaCanfora had a column the other day that Pegula is a name being circulated among the owners at the meetings.

http://www.cbssports...nfls-race-to-la

[/size][/font][/color]

I know Pegula has struggled as an owner, but he is committed to the area and wants to win more than anything. If he can hire the right people, he would be a great choice.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trump might be good as he would be great for establishing a stadium that would be the center of some sort of commercial real estate complex...mall, condos etc. Pegula would bring the same deal and I think is the front runner for this team. He's busy establishing a sport legacy and this is right up his alley. There is no reason he doesn't buy this team.

Trump is a clown and a blowhard more interested in publicity than doing any good.

Pegula might indeed be the guy. I keep thinking how a domed stadium would fit nicely in the Canalside development.

PTR

Can rename the whole area "Pegula Plaza" or "Pegula Place"...

Yeah, but how many of today's owners were around for that? Not many. Different Commish as well. Trump would be great I think. Super competitive man with an enormous pocketbook and pull in this state. Potentially could influence law makers on new stadium financing from the State. I would be very nervous about him moving the team though, don't trust him at all.

Just a few contradictions in your post. Only thing I agree with is bolded part. He has no pull in the State and I would hate him as owner.

I'd rather have Bon Jovi. Trump is a freaking !@#$. I don't think he would have any qualms about moving the team at his first opportunity. Like others have said, I also have doubts as to whether the other NFL owners would approve him.

My first option (of the known people who might be candidates) is Pegula.

I dont care who the owner is as long as the Bills stay in Buffalo

CBF

Donald Trump as owner of the Bills: "Buffalo, yer fired!"

And then he would probably have some reality show on the G4 channel (or something like that) where different cities make a pitch for the team. If you want the team to stay in Buffalo, he is not the guy you want. The guy is perenially losing money with bad ideas...if he didn't move the team himself to cash in, he would no doubt sell them to the highest bidder, no matter where they were.

Edited by Buftex

No groups, we need a sole owner that has the money to buy and invest in the Bills. Groups end up becoming issues because most of the time all they are interested in is their ROI, not winning football games.

Edited by Kellyto83TD

Yeah, but's kinda the point. We know Pegula is committed to here. I don't trust guys like Trump or Bon Jovi at all. They have no loyalty to stay here.

I get nervous with that Garloch guy and Trump. Guys that are just wired to see everything as an investment and seem to have a deeply and primal need to max out.