Bills acquire WR mike Williams

Or the highest rated player with the last name of 'Williams" as we're clearly trying to field 22 players with that name in order to stir confusion with the opposition!

When is Andre Williams scheduled for his pre-draft visit, lol?

Damien Williams- Oklahoma RB probable UDFA

Edited by simpleman

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe in that. I believe he's at the perfect age to have a change of lifestyle. When I hear that "his brother" stabbed him, I'm not thinking Mike Williams has growing up to do. I'm thinking I wish he had a better support system.

Side note: I love the trade. Getting him for a 6th (especially if he's productive) is a steal and we're on the winning side of FA this year. Byrd who? I forgot about that dude already.

I agree that it's a great trade and Mike Williams is an exceptional WR. I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but I am familiar with his local "support system."

While I absolutely think it's possible that he turns over a new leaf and that the trade could serve as a wake up call, if he and/or the Bills do not take concrete measures to insulate him from "drama," I think he will continue to make negative headlines.

I love the trade as I stated before, but I really don't see giving up on an opportunity to pick Evans and putting all your eggs in the Mike Williams and Stevie Johnson baskets. Honestly, I truly just don't see how that is a good strategy. Does it really feel like it to most of you?

Get Evans, have a killer wr group this year and see how it plays out, meanwhile follow up in the draft with a RT in the second and a TE in the third. 4th, 5th and 7th being a db, lb and rb, in any order.

Good listen, thanks.

Axe ran down the transgressions and they do have to concern you. Hopefully between Moore and Marrone they can help Williams mature. Playing at home could help.

that's a nice touch

Really? What if he still has relatives in town?

Anyway, not sure what this says about our draft. May mean Stevie is one step closer to the door. He's not a Marrone/Whaley guy and they seem to be aggressively remaking the WR corps. SJ would be worth more in trade than we gave up for Williams.

I think it's interesting that they are going after these hometown kids, like Williams and Graham. It almost makes me wonder if this is intentional, and they think local guys are more likely to come, stay, and buy in/be happy and productive in WNY. Maybe that means they want Mack too for that reason.

No, not having a QB is the Bills trouble.

So, a TE in the first would make you happy, but a tackle would not. Interesting.

Chandler had 53 catches last year. How many must Ebron have to justify taking him at 9? at 15?

People see this huge need at TE and it simply does not exist. Would I like to see the position improved? Certainly, but unless Ebron can come in and grab 80 catches I don't see the 'value.'

What if he had 45-50 was a chain moving playmaker that took pressure off of Williams, Woods, Stevie. What if he had gains after the catch and ran a COMPLETE wr tree. Rob Gronkowski only had 1 season over 55 catches and Vernon Davis has only had 2 seasons over 60 catches. If Ebron needs to have 80 catches. We made a million moves for nothing. We are still nowhere even with the "talent" we have at wr and rb.

Are you REALLY happy with scott chandler because you think he is a game changer or just because we have already had him and he isnt a screw up. 53 catches for 655 and TWO tds... especially seeing as he was end primary dump option. I want to get out there and see if we cant upgrade there. Thats not gonna get it done for me. He isnt an impact starter

Williams isn't the big WR who is always open, so I don't think we are done. Good value for a 6th round pick who can come in and compete. Evans, Williams, SJ, Woods and Goodwin is a pretty damn good WR corp. Now if EJ can make plays with his arm; this offense could be deadly. Chandler can catch just fine. Grab a OT in round 2 and a OG in round 3, that would be a good draft.

This season we can see what we have for DE's and how th LBs shake out and go from there. This team is actually getting pretty damn close if EJ can be the guy...

Moving Glenn to RT and getting a OT at #9 is still a mistake IMHO...

This really buys us insurance this yer if Watkins (surely will be) and Evans are gone before us.

I agree! I'm sick and tired of Bills' fans with the attitude that "we're better than that".

No, we aren't. We suck and have sucked for far too long. Do whatever it takes!

Thats what every REAL football team does and im glad to say we aren't the good ol boys anymore. Atleast we are moving away from that.

What if he had 45-50 was a chain moving playmaker that took pressure off of Williams, Woods, Stevie. What if he had gains after the catch and ran a COMPLETE wr tree. Rob Gronkowski only had 1 season over 55 catches and Vernon Davis has only had 2 seasons over 60 catches. If Ebron needs to have 80 catches. We made a million moves for nothing. We are still nowhere even with the "talent" we have at wr and rb.

Are you REALLY happy with scott chandler because you think he is a game changer or just because we have already had him and he isnt a screw up. 53 catches for 655 and TWO tds... especially seeing as he was end primary dump option. I want to get out there and see if we cant upgrade there. Thats not gonna get it done for me. He isnt an impact starter

I've never said I was happy with Chandler, I just don't value Ebron the way many do. If the Bills traded back...OK, at 9 I'd be disappointed. Not kick the dog disappointed though & I'd hope like hell that he turns into a difference maker.

Great trade. The Bills have addressed most areas of need allowing them to go to BPA.

Ebron rd 1, T in rd 2

Tackle in rd 1, PBA of LB, DB TE in rd 2.

Most talent on a Bills roster in 14 years

It will be EJ or bust.

You could even go with one of 2 good guards in the second rd

I love the trade as I stated before, but I really don't see giving up on an opportunity to pick Evans and putting all your eggs in the Mike Williams and Stevie Johnson baskets. Honestly, I truly just don't see how that is a good strategy. Does it really feel like it to most of you?

Get Evans, have a killer wr group this year and see how it plays out, meanwhile follow up in the draft with a RT in the second and a TE in the third. 4th, 5th and 7th being a db, lb and rb, in any order.

Thank you. Watkins would be better.

but Evans has to stay on the board at nine. I would take Robinson Matthews Mack or clowney also

I've never said I was happy with Chandler, I just don't value Ebron the way many do. If the Bills traded back...OK, at 9 I'd be disappointed. Not kick the dog disappointed though & I'd hope like hell that he turns into a difference maker.

please no Ebron at nine . We are going to pound the football and then beat them deep . Dont try to hit the ball out of the park folks. Just upgrade Chandler.

As I was typing I expected this response, because it's valid. It could be the best thing for him but it could also be the worst. We have a front row seat to see how it unfolds.

Lot of issues with this kid. Sounds like a bit of a tool. How soon before we see twitter pics of him sleeping on a bench inside a Verizon store?

We'll see.

As I was typing I expected this response, because it's valid. It could be the best thing for him but it could also be the worst. We have a front row seat to see how it unfolds.

Its going to be a story line to follow for me . This is one of those moves i just gotta see how it turns out : )

Lot of issues with this kid. Sounds like a bit of a tool. How soon before we see twitter pics of him sleeping on a bench inside a Verizon store?

We'll see.

You may be over extended here . Lol

This guy should erase his twitter and Instagram accounts, yikes

His twitter is something. Gave a shoutout to his baby mama on her birthday.

The Instagram is a bunch of him rapping. Him and Stevie can live their rap fantasies together.

Rap it up boys, just score Td's as well.