Joe B's latest mock, what it implies about draft

TPS

IMO, the Bills should take Evans #1 if he is available, a no brainer.

Just say no to any OT at #9, regardless of who he is. I think if we draft an OT we almost automatically lose Cordy Glenn in two years, who I predict will be one of the very best LT's in the game. He's already very good. We will likely resign him if we draft an OT in round 2 or 3. If we have one of the top three OTs at RT, he will sign a four year deal for 13+ mil or so, and be totally disgruntled if Glenn would sign a big deal in a year or two, knowing he won't play LT and won't get a massive offer from Bills. By year three he will want to be out the door.

OR, the more likely scenario is the Bills will say we can lose Glenn because we have his replacement, and then we will be in the same position as this year.

Get a solid RT and re-sign Glenn, it's a much better option.

I've said the same thing in other threads. You either make someone unhappy or you pay a RT LT money.

So Bridgewater has fallen out of top ten?

I've said the same thing in other threads. You either make someone unhappy or you pay a RT LT money.

I think Bridgewater is in line for the hard fall--Geno Smith/Aaron Rodgers/Brady Quinn style.

In fact, (Bandit's Annual Mock Spoiler Alert/Shameless Plug) I'm going to guess that he drops all the way to 29, where New England trades down with a team like Jacksonville, Oakland, Houston, or Tennessee who jump up and take him.

With slotting you could say you pay a QB safety money or you pay a LB QB money. Makes no sense. Will the player chosen at 9 this season make more per year than Glenn? Yes, because of the year and draft position. It has nothing to do with player position.

Glenn can't blame anyone for that. He was picked when he was picked. I suppose if he does want to point a finger it should be at himself while looking in a mirror.

I think Bridgewater is in line for the hard fall--Geno Smith/Aaron Rodgers/Brady Quinn style.

In fact, (Bandit's Annual Mock Spoiler Alert/Shameless Plug) I'm going to guess that he drops all the way to 29, where New England trades down with a team like Jacksonville, Oakland, Houston, or Tennessee who jump up and take him.

Wow, based on a bad pro day he drops that far?

Before the 2013 collage football season began the top three QBs where Bidgewater, Boyd and Manziel.

With slotting you could say you pay a QB safety money or you pay a LB QB money. Makes no sense. Will the player chosen at 9 this season make more per year than Glenn? Yes, because of the year and draft position. It has nothing to do with player position.

Glenn can't blame anyone for that. He was picked when he was picked. I suppose if he does want to point a finger it should be at himself while looking in a mirror.

I was talking about down the road. If you draft a tackle at 9 and plan on eventually moving him to LT, then to keep Glenn past two years you have to pay him. Then two years after that you have to pay the new guy. If not your looking for a tackle again.

Here's his latest mock, which has bills going Evans and OT in R2. http://www.wgr550.co...tentId=14987341

What I find interesting is how many trades he projects in the top 11, which is certainly a strong possibility. In recent years, the top of the draft board was fairly easy to predict. This year is going to be wild and unpredictable!

Would love Evans/OT. Although I think I would prefer Morgan Moses over Richardson, but either one would be fine IMO. And a TE or safety should be around in the 3rd round (Safety: Reynolds, Ladler/TE: Iowa TE)

Interesting. That would be a dilemma if he is there at 10, but I'd pass. If EJ is a bust, trade up next year for Marcus Mariota. Then he will have a solid line and WR's to throw to.

I can't see any scenario where Clowney, Robinson and Watkins are not 3 of the 1st 5 players picked. The QBs are wild cards and I would guess that 2 (Bortles & Manziel) are off the board before the Bills pick. Matthews and Mack will most likely be gone. That's 7 players that I don't think that the Bills have a shot at picking 9th. The 8th player will be interesting. Will it be Bridgewater, Donald, Clinton-Dix (Minny), Gilbert, Evans, Barr (forgot him initially) or Lewan? My guess is that the 8th player comes from that group.

I wasn't necessarily posting becauSe of his picks, rather that he projects so many trades. I think this is a very strong possibility this year. My point is that I believe we're going to see a lot more unexpected things happening in the top half this year as opposed to how it has been more predictable in the recent past.

Before the 2013 collage football season began the top three QBs where Bidgewater, Boyd and Manziel.

No, not solely based on his pro day. I would say it's based on his size, game tape, workouts, etc. Guys don't really get thoroughly vetted by pro scouts until drat season rolls around, so that's why players artificially rise or fall, when in reality, they end up (generally) in the place they should've been all along.

Know what I mean?

Would love Evans/OT. Although I think I would prefer Morgan Moses over Richardson, but either one would be fine IMO. And a TE or safety should be around in the 3rd round (Safety: Reynolds, Ladler/TE: Iowa TE)

Interesting. That would be a dilemma if he is there at 10, but I'd pass. If EJ is a bust, trade up next year for Marcus Mariota. Then he will have a solid line and WR's to throw to.

We may not need to trade up if EJ is a bust :(

I was talking about down the road. If you draft a tackle at 9 and plan on eventually moving him to LT, then to keep Glenn past two years you have to pay him. Then two years after that you have to pay the new guy. If not your looking for a tackle again.

If the Bills hit on star offensive tackles in drafts two years apart I think I can handle that abundance of riches. ;)

Tackle isn't my preference at 9 (especially if Lewan is the option), just playing devil's advocate. :devil:

Cant wait for April 26th I mean May 8th

CBF

It's going to be interesting to see if they keep the draft this far back next year. It may just be me but it seems the air has kind of been sucked out of the draft this year. When it was late April it was "right around the corner" so it would be getting a ton of ESPN hype. Since it isn't still for another month there has been (to me at least) much less hype this year. I know the NFL likes to stay front and center but pushing the draft has caused/allowed more coverage for opening day and the NCAA tournament. Those are always big events as it is but it seems this year they have received much more play due to the fact that the draft is still so far away.

Here is what I think we should do....and I have put a lot of thought into this..

rd 1 Clowney..he would really be a difference maker

rd 2 Mack..this would really help our LB situation

rd 3 Robinson..to boost our OL

rd 4 Watkins/Evans..one of them MAY be gone at this point so just take the one that is left

rd 5 Ebron.. we could use this upgrade at TE

rd 6 Manziel..would be nice to have this insurance at QB

rd 7 BPA..we should hopefully be able to still find a little bit of talent left

discuss... :D

Here is what I think we should do....and I have put a lot of thought into this..

rd 1 Clowney..he would really be a difference maker

rd 2 Mack..this would really help our LB situation

rd 3 Robinson..to boost our OL

rd 4 Watkins/Evans..one of them MAY be gone at this point so just take the one that is left

rd 5 Ebron.. we could use this upgrade at TE

rd 6 Manziel..would be nice to have this insurance at QB

rd 7 BPA..we should hopefully be able to still find a little bit of talent left

discuss... :D

I think Manziel in the 6th is a reach.

It's going to be interesting to see if they keep the draft this far back next year. It may just be me but it seems the air has kind of been sucked out of the draft this year. When it was late April it was "right around the corner" so it would be getting a ton of ESPN hype. Since it isn't still for another month there has been (to me at least) much less hype this year. I know the NFL likes to stay front and center but pushing the draft has caused/allowed more coverage for opening day and the NCAA tournament. Those are always big events as it is but it seems this year they have received much more play due to the fact that the draft is still so far away.

High impact pro days are done and now we have to sit and wait. Hopefully someone will get busted for DUI so we have something to talk about. I dislike the move to May but doubt that it shifts back. May is a sweeps month, isn't it?

High impact pro days are done and now we have to sit and wait. Hopefully someone will get busted for DUI so we have something to talk about. I dislike the move to May but doubt that it shifts back. May is a sweeps month, isn't it?

What do you mean by "sweeps month"?

CBF

Or, for the first time will the Bills actually do what everyone else thinks they should?

CBF

Didnt the experts peg Dareus at 3 and we took him there? I cant remember exactly but I remember seeing him slated here at 3 a few times.

I don't think the trades are that much of a stretch. We always say every year that there aren't that many trades, then within the first hour of round 1 it's a gong show. Believe it. There's going to be 4-6 trades in the top 12 picks. I'll out money on it now.

As well as the trades and how every year we always say they won't happen. Another thing that will happen that nobody thinks will, will be the amount of players reached for in the fort 10-12 picks. Sure, most here can tell you who the best 6-10 athletes are in the draft. But that real rely ever happens. So with that said, I will say there will be 2-4 players that fall to 12 that you wouldn't have expected. At the same time 2-4 players that are picked that will make you scratch your head.

And finally onto this mock. I'm perfectly fine with Evans with the pick at 9. I'm perfectly fine with the OT pick in the 2nd round as well. But if Jenkins TE is available with our 2nd round pick and they don't pick him over some ok OT, I'll throw a remote through the tv.

80+% of the mocking world had the Bills drafting Dareus.

and the 20% that didn't were the idiots that thought Muller would make it past the Broncos. Lol