The Trust

beerme1

I do not have a link. Sue me, in typical WNY style.

I believe I heard tonight on Channel 2 News that the team has been placed in a trust that is controlled by family members and that the team cant be sold until they say so.

I'm not trying to add any hyperbole to the situation so please don't misread me. My two cents is the Bills are never leaving us. They are self sufficient and while the family stands to gain, they also stand to lose. Mary Wilson is on the new stadium committee no? Think she will encourage these people to pursue that knowing that there is no hope? I don't. She's a pretty strong woman that I respect and I can't imagine that she would be involved in a charade.

This is our team forever providing we get a new stadium worked out. Figure 500 million public contribution though on an 750 million dollar stadium.

Thinking about this, if I'm right I want to say thanks Ralph.

Go Bills

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hope your right,

Now we need to start spending to win. Constantly being millions below the cap shows that we are not doing all we can to keep our good players nor going out and getting quality FAs.

As of this year we have to spend at least 89% to the cap so on $133 mil. They have to spend $118,370,000 to the cap. They will do that once they get through the draft. Sad as they could've afforded Byrd. I think Byrd would've taken less to leave for a playoff team. That's what sucks about this playoff drought. Until we start winning, our best developed talent will keep losing to better teams. This draft has to be a homerun.

If the Bills ever leave Buffalo, I will never watch football again!

i say this as well. But for a nasty example. Say they move this year. Next season you wouldn't watch them because you still like all their players that were here when they were in Buffalo? If they were in a run for the playoffs and beyond you wouldn't time in to route for Freddy? CJ? Stevie? Kiko?

Something tells me most would watch just because of the love for our former players. ANC chances are we would develop hope for new players that we hadn't seen before.

Unfortunately I feel disgusted by it but it'll probably happen.

Ok lets try again.... yes the team is in a trust, and YES ralph put in the Will it is to be SOLD! Stop with all the straw grabbing/ wishful thinking. Mary and the family told him they didn't want the team and its been in plenty of articles he wasn't leaving it to them (taxes + cost and burden of owning and running a team). It is to be SOLD. The trust is just to allow things to run as they are uninterrupted until the sale. You can bet Mary herself wants it sold sooner than later.

i say this as well. But for a nasty example. Say they move this year. Next season you wouldn't watch them because you still like all their players that were here when they were in Buffalo? If they were in a run for the playoffs and beyond you wouldn't time in to route for Freddy? CJ? Stevie? Kiko?

Something tells me most would watch just because of the love for our former players. ANC chances are we would develop hope for new players that we hadn't seen before.

Unfortunately I feel disgusted by it but it'll probably happen.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I would actually be done with the NFL. College football, baseball, and hockey give me plenty of games to watch. I'm busy; I live in Florida. There is no shortage of other things to do. The NFL is kidding itself if it believes that it's invulnerable.

Edited by fallen627

Ok lets try again.... yes the team is in a trust, and YES ralph put in the Will it is to be SOLD! Stop with all the straw grabbing/ wishful thinking. Mary and the family told him they didn't want the team and its been in plenty of articles he wasn't leaving it to them (taxes + cost and burden of owning and running a team). It is to be SOLD. The trust is just to allow things to run as they are uninterrupted until the sale. You can bet Mary herself wants it sold sooner than later.

Not to nitpick but Mary Wilson is not a part of the group Mary Owen (Ralph's niece is). Jeff Littman is as well (his longtime right hand man).

Not to nitpick but Mary Wilson is not a part of the group Mary Owen (Ralph's niece is). Jeff Littman is as well (his longtime right hand man).

Mary Wilson controls the will which has say over the sale of the team. The trust group runs the team while its in transition that is all it does. Mary Wilson decides when and to whom the team is sold and Ralphs will was clear its to be sold. Trust = Runs the team in transition, Mary Wilson = 100% decision to sell team

I believe I heard tonight on Channel 2 News that the team has been placed in a trust that is controlled by family members and that the team cant be sold until they say so.

I'm not trying to add any hyperbole to the situation so please don't misread me. My two cents is the Bills are never leaving us. They are self sufficient and while the family stands to gain, they also stand to lose. Mary Wilson is on the new stadium committee no? Think she will encourage these people to pursue that knowing that there is no hope? I don't. She's a pretty strong woman that I respect and I can't imagine that she would be involved in a charade.

This is our team forever providing we get a new stadium worked out. Figure 500 million public contribution though on an 750 million dollar stadium.

Go Bills

Mary Wilson, Ralph's wife, is not on the commitee, Mary Owen, Ralph's niece is.

Mary Wilson controls the will which has say over the sale of the team. The trust group runs the team while its in transition that is all it does. Mary Wilson decides when and to whom the team is sold and Ralphs will was clear its to be sold. Trust = Runs the team in transition, Mary Wilson = 100% decision to sell team

I understand her role. I was saying that she is not a part of the 21 person group tasked with exploring the new stadium.

Go Bills

With all of the renovations to the Ralph, I don't see a new stadium happening any time soon. That doesn't mean that it won't...just not in the near future. Ralph's passing puts some uncertainty on all of this, but I agree. The Bills aren't going anywhere. The trust, I believe buys some time. No one will be buying the Bills right away. My attitude right now is to just sit back and enjoy the ride. There is no way to honor Ralph Wilson more right now than winning from the front office down to every individual player on the team. I think that will be best way to insure that the Bills stay in Buffalo. Win, baby!!

What we can do to help, is go to the game and root for our Bills. If people want them to stay, we have to give them a reason to. Sell out all of our home games, honor the man who brought us this team and help pump up our players. It's not rocket science. Just show support in a way that convinces everyone that the Bills belong right where they are at...in Buffalo.

Edited by Rockinon

Go Bills

For some reason, this is all starting to sound like a John Grisham book to me . . . in the end, the family fights like heck for it, Ralph screws them all, and a long lost, ill-legitimate, missionary child of Ralph will ends up owning the team. And as she won't really want the money, she re-invests it in the team and keeps it western NY. And the novel ends with a little know Bills kicker making a field goal from 47 yards to win the Super Bowl!

I hope not. this team has had a sad existence for a long time. the sooner they are sold the better, for both on field and staying here.

the closer this stretches to 2020, the more the team will sell for because it will be appealing to outside bidders. i wouldnt be overly surprised if the 7 year thing was in attempt to give toronto/mlse/rogers a chance to get their ducks in a row.