Here's something to think about... Brandon, Whaley, Marrone

Dan

They may hold the Bills' future in their hands. With the Bills going into a trust, to be sold at some point in the future, they (and the rest of the FO) are here to build this team and try to make it a winner for at least a couple more years. No chance Marrone gets canned as long as this team is in trust.

If they do build a winning team, with a play off appearance, I think it changes everything when a new owner comes in. Conversely, it's easier to move if the team tanks it from here out.

You gotta wonder... will they develop an us against the league mentality and pull closer together to do all they can with this one shot or will they ride it out?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to add the unlikely, but hopeful scenario NYS finds the money for a new stadium triangulating Canada, and Rochester in Niagara Falls. This coupled with a winning record would sell out that stadium, and make it very hard to move the team. What is more likely is we improve modestly, the local billionaires out bid by LA guys and we're gone in 2020.

I'm not being a Debbie downer, I just have serious doubts this will work out. It is awful. The only hope we have is Ralph in his trust confidentially mandates the team stay in Buffalo. I understand given the tax implications why he didn't sell while alive.

Let's hope Ralph really did love his Bills in Buffalo.

They may hold the Bills' future in their hands. With the Bills going into a trust, to be sold at some point in the future, they (and the rest of the FO) are here to build this team and try to make it a winner for at least a couple more years. No chance Marrone gets canned as long as this team is in trust.

If they do build a winning team, with a play off appearance, I think it changes everything when a new owner comes in. Conversely, it's easier to move if the team tanks it from here out.

You gotta wonder... will they develop an us against the league mentality and pull closer together to do all they can with this one shot or will they ride it out?

Never understood why a team needs to win in order to not be moved? If an owner sees a better opportunity he's gona take it regardless of winning.

Like has been stated in some columns, and easy way to handle the estate taxes is RW could have taken out an insurance policy to cover that. If he did it say ten years back wouldn't have cost him all that much. It's an easy way to sort of move money from taxable to non taxable, then use that money to pay the taxes. That may have been what Irsay and some of these others like Lamar Hunt, Adams, etc have all done.

Like has been stated in some columns, and easy way to handle the estate taxes is RW could have taken out an insurance policy to cover that. If he did it say ten years back wouldn't have cost him all that much. It's an easy way to sort of move money from taxable to non taxable, then use that money to pay the taxes. That may have been what Irsay and some of these others like Lamar Hunt, Adams, etc have all done.

nice idea

With all the stupid rules that the NFL comes up with like the no celebration thing & now the no dunking deal they should make a rule that all original AFL / NFL teams need to stay in their original cities .

The only way a team should be moved is if the fan base is just not behind the team or the city isn't behind them & it can be proven that they are losing money . And as a added amendment that if a city has had 2 or more chances at having a NFL team they don't get yet another chance ...

Leaving LA sucking hind tit as it should be . They have enough sports teams any way .

Not for nothing American football should be left in America ! Let london & Toronto get there own leagues ...

Personal Opinion !!

Edited by T master

Never understood why a team needs to win in order to not be moved? If an owner sees a better opportunity he's gona take it regardless of winning.

I agree. Look no further than the Browns for an example of fan support being neglected by an owner wanting to move. However, a winning, play off team seems harder to move than a 6-10 team. With all that said, my point in starting this thread wasn't so much to start another "the Bills may move" thread, but more a "Russ, Whaley and Marrone are likely here for the duration" thread.

Like it or not, this is the core of the team manangement and no matter the record, I can't see any of them getting fired until a new owner comes in, whether that be 1, 2. or 3 years from now. And if they manage to get this team winning again... soon... they'll give the new owner and the league something extra to consider. I'd imagine.

Exactly. Also, wouldn't it make sense that the better the team is, the more revenue it bring in and the more expensive it is to purchase. The more expensive it is to purchase, the more likely it is to move to a market that can increase the ROI?

I think it's about a 50/50 proposition at this point.

Put me in the camp that says selling out the stadium Is not going to change the Bills moving or not. The fans abandonment of the team could accelerate the process of course. At the end of the day the NFL is about corporate sponsorship and that is absent in Buffalo. The terms under which the Bills are sold will dictate the long term location of the Bills. The only other option is a heavy and consistent flow of taxpayer dollars which is neither good for the area or for the long term health of the franchise.