Why no love for Carrington?

oman128

Whaley said they offered him a contract but after signing Branch I don't think they will fight for him or overpay. He and Parker are exploring the market and will find a better offer.

That is my understanding too. There seemingly is an offer on the table from the Bills but Carrington (rightly) is shopping himself around.

Carrington had a breakout year in 2012 playing DT, plus he was great at blocking kicks, so it's a mystery why we didn't resign him. If he didn't get hurt in 2013, I think he'd be signed already to a good contract.

I like Carrington and wouldn't mind having him back. His value depends on the nature of his injury and his recovery.

He gets his clients paid and doesn't care what fans think about those players he represents. Peters, Crabtree, Byrd, etc.

His reputation is made by these big name contracts that he secures for his clients. I have looked but cannot find which his other clients are and how much they got paid (especially relative to the market). It was evident that Byrd was the big name with the reputation and getting him a top flight was relatively easy. His worth should be measured by the contract values he gets for lesser players such as Carrington. As of now, in each of the above named clients, there was some level of acrimony between the primary team and the agent/player.

Only because the Bills probably pulled their offer.

This link says that Whaley confirmed last week that an offer is on the table

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/bills-news-notes/2014/3/17/5517914/bills-free-agency-alex-carrington-has-visits-with-raiders-rams

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant resent him.

whatever the Bills were offering is fine with me.

But personally i think he would be a good fit for us.

Short term until proven healthy and willing

shame about the Parker relationship though. When his contract comes up next we will all cringe and go through thsi crapola again.

edit.

never mind

good luck Alex

Edited by 3rdand12

He gets his clients paid and doesn't care what fans think about those players he represents. Peters, Crabtree, Byrd, etc.

Carrington is an average NFL player best suited to being a 5 technique DE. Buffalo won't be playing that scheme and they've already paid 3 DT's.

Exactly my opinion as well. I think he would be a good fit for Pettine in Cleveland as long as his injury didn't set him back athletically.

That is my understanding too. There seemingly is an offer on the table from the Bills but Carrington (rightly) is shopping himself around.

I like Carrington and wouldn't mind having him back. His value depends on the nature of his injury and his recovery.

His reputation is made by these big name contracts that he secures for his clients. I have looked but cannot find which his other clients are and how much they got paid (especially relative to the market). It was evident that Byrd was the big name with the reputation and getting him a top flight was relatively easy. His worth should be measured by the contract values he gets for lesser players such as Carrington. As of now, in each of the above named clients, there was some level of acrimony between the primary team and the agent/player.

This link says that Whaley confirmed last week that an offer is on the table

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/bills-news-notes/2014/3/17/5517914/bills-free-agency-alex-carrington-has-visits-with-raiders-rams

http://www.relativitysports.com

The football section is where you'll find his agencys full list that he and his associates represent

Thanks. They should have pulled the offer.

You don't even know what the offer is.

Edited by NoSaint

Reasonable. Surely productive to refuse to let free agents shop themselves. What is the reason to pull it?

Doesn't fit the scheme, done little to date, coming off injury, and has Parker as his agent. He's free to shop himself, and pulling the offer helps that along. ;)

Doesn't fit the scheme, done little to date, coming off injury, and has Parker as his agent. He's free to shop himself, and pulling the offer helps that along. ;)

Ah, so more of a "don't offer in the first place"

Though I suspect the Parker point is the biggest for you.

Two words: Eugene Parker

Having said that, I like Carrington as a player. He also is an interesting and bright guy. I would love for him to be on the team. Nevertheless, the Bills should pay whatever value the Bills have placed on him. I wish he had another agent.

I'll be the first to admit I was way off on my prediction for Carrington. I thought the Browns would snatch him up quickly in FA and sign him to a deal that averaged $4-$5 million per year. It looks like I was way off. It also appears that Parker and Carrington are not happy with the contracts they are seeing, if they are actually seeing any, otherwise he wouldn't still be a FA. I wonder if it's possible that teams are concerned with his injury. I think he's a good, unheralded player, and if the Bills were to retain him (which seems unlikely) it'd really complete a very sold FA period for the Bills, IMO. Carrington would provide great depth along the DL, and would fit in nicely if a starter goes down with an injury.

Ah, so more of a "don't offer in the first place"

They made him an offer before getting injured and he turned them down. They made another offer before FA started. He refused again. He rolled the dice and lost.

Though I suspect the Parker point is the biggest for you.

Yep. Get rid of all of Parker's clients.