Sammy Watkins, worth trading up for? What cost?

MClem06

Anyone do a trade chart?

The Bills pick at #9 is worth 1350, round 2 is 490, round 3 is 225, round 4 is worth 105. Watkins could go as early as the #2 pick to the Rams, and as late as the #7 to Tampa.

The #3 pick is worth 2200 points, so do the math. The Bills first four picks in this years draft are worth 2170.

http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but Watkins has Eugene Parker as his agent, so he could be a great player for the Bills for his first contract. B-)

We were able to keep stevie

heres the list of players: http://www.relativitysports.com/football-athletes/

and other agents in his firm: http://www.relativitysports.com/staff-relativity-football/

for those curious. it hasnt been updated with this years draft eligible players yet though.

The attached article shows a breakdown of a few receivers. Watkins catches a lot of screens which is either good or bad depending on how you view that play. I don't think they work as well in pros as college or in the red zone.

http://thejetpress.com/2014/01/30/new-york-jets-nfl-draft-sammy-watkins-marqise-lee-kelvin-benjamin-mike-evans-jordan-matthews/

JAX may be a good partner to swap picks with if we were really interested in doing so but what would we be giving up this year or next? Another question would be is he worth it , is he that kind of talent and does it drop off big from him to Mike Evans in regards to full package and playmaking ability? Anyone who watches college football (not me) could have valid discussion here I'd enjoy hearing what you have to say.

I know we need O-Line but man that is soooo boring of a pick to spend in the first round.

I don't see it being worth moving up, due to the fact it's more than likely to take Watkins a year or 2 to catch on. If he's there, I'd take him or Evans over an O-Lineman. They should be able to patch the O-line in FA, even though it doesn't look like there is much left available. I believe Cordy Glenn was a 2nd Rounder. So it can be addressed in Round 2.

• 2 weeks later...

I would not be an advocate of moving up in this draft, but @BillsMafia RTd this last night on Twitter and I have to admit my heart kind of skipped a beat :lol:

Watkins had a series of Tweets - "Bay area", "Them Dogs," "Tampa," Rams", "Philly," "Cam Newton" and then ... "Bills Mafia." His last one was :

Sammy Watkins@sammywatkins 10h

Bills fans is real though lol

Edited by YoloinOhio

I would not be an advocate of moving up in this draft, but @BillsMafia RTd this last night on Twitter and I have to admit my heart kind of skipped a beat :lol:

He had a series of Tweets - "Bay area", "Them Dogs," "Tampa," Rams", "Philly," "Cam Newton" and then ... "Bills Mafia." His last one was :

Sammy Watkins@sammywatkins 10h

Bills fans is real though lol

I saw this last night too and my heart jumped as well. the "Bills Mafia" tweet got 862 RTs while the others got much less, closest was Detroit in the 400s or so. The "Jags" tweet got a whopping 87 RTs and "Tampa" got 90. Seeing how many more the Bills tweet got prompted him to send out his last tweet. Pretty cool

Go BIlls

I saw this last night too and my heart jumped as well. the "Bills Mafia" tweet got 862 RTs while the others got much less, closest was Detroit in the 400s or so. The "Jags" tweet got a whopping 87 RTs and "Tampa" got 90. Seeing how many more the Bills tweet got prompted him to send out his last tweet. Pretty cool

Go BIlls

Oh - I see now why he did that. That's hilarious - 862! The fact that he is a Bills fan (he mentioned this awhile back) makes me a fan of his, no matter where he goes. I wondered if he was always a fan or if he became a fan since CJ got here since they are good friends.

Go BIlls

He has openly admitted that the Bills were his favorite team growing up as well.

There is nothing in this draft worth trading up for. Nothing for the Bills, at least.

If you trade up... it has to be grand slam winner pick! No one in this draft is that good from 1-8.

Edited by Iraq Vet

Love sammy but I still think we need some size in our wr corps.

I agree. The thing with Watkins though is that he is 6'1" I believe but plays bigger. He goes up and gets the ball. And he is a big guy (frame-wise). I agree I want a tall guy but if one of the guys we have works out like Barden then Watkins would be an outstanding fit. I still think we will take Evans if he is there and I will love it. But I think Watkins is a ridiculous weapon.