Spikes confirmed visiting OBD. Confirmed Signed

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spikes is better than who we have at MLB currently (Kiko is OLB now). Screw the character talk. Screw the "slow" talk. He's an improvement.

Totally agree. I hope he's not taking Kiko out nightly for drinks, but I'm fine with a little edge back there.

I'm just in the minority that thinks Tim Graham's hilarious. It appears it is indeed, a small and exclusive minority.

No problem.

Its obvious that most of the Bills fans are pumped ab out this move (if you search Brandon Spikes on Twitter you can see all the excited fan tweets) and my issue is that Tim Graham, as always focuses on the negative side of this news thus happering the level of excitement for Bills fans.

CBF

Tim Graham is a tool.

No problem.

Its obvious that most of the Bills fans are pumped ab out this move (if you search Brandon Spikes on Twitter you can see all the excited fan tweets) and my issue is that Tim Graham, as always focuses on the negative side of this news thus happering the level of excitement for Bills fans.

CBF

Fair enough. I like the signing BTW too. A little attitude never hurt a LB.

edit: prospective signing????

Edited by stony

No problem.

CBF

The Bills could sign god and some member of the media would crap on it - "too much of a free spirit what with the long white hair and beard, plus the guy never wants to get out of his sandals and robe." :D

Get R Done whoever is going to get it done!

Spikes is better than who we have at MLB currently (Kiko is OLB now). Screw the character talk. Screw the "slow" talk. He's an improvement.

Maybe it's the way Graham quoted him, but Smerlas sounds like a buffoon in the "interview". His disgust centers around Spikes' dehydration in one game....which he equates to him obviously being out of shape. He then blankets it with the whole character/coach killer rant.... Does he honestly think Peppers would vouch for this guy if he remotely thought he would screw the coaching staff over? And finally if the Bills would bring in Spikes for "the minimum and no guaranteed money..." OK....Way to have your finger on the free agency pulse Fred! This guy is obviously going to be paid nicely by somebody.

I've got high hopes for Stefan Charles in Schwartz's Defense as a rotational player too. Seemed like a good run stuffer in the brief times we saw him last year.

+1 for the Charles reference. I forgot about him. Dude is a beast

If spikes signing is true. Sign dixon and go take a nap till the draft. Get some o lineman and run to the playoffs

Edited by kr632

I think Pepper Johnson knows far more about Spikes' pros and cons than Smerlas does. The fact that he's in indicates that at the end of the day he's considered to be a net gain for the Bills.

Thats exactly right. I would think Johnson might have the best insight into how Spikes could be used, strengths and weaknesses, character, etc. I am willing to trust his educated opinion.