Spikes confirmed visiting OBD. Confirmed Signed

If Schwartz is accountable for disciplining the defensive players, Pettine was accountable for Dareus. If that is the case then we see how that turned out and Marrone had to intervene at the end of the year.

Schwartz was HC in Detroit....

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am really hoping to see these guys feed off of each other and pop some pads out there.

i think this contract is exactly what it had to be. spikes has had some issues in the past and i think the bills wanted to guard against any possible destructive behavior.

Idk. I'm still not too comfortable with it. All we can do is,

1. Hope Spikes plays great

2. Doesn't have "issues"

3. FO signs him to multi year deal

After reading what I wrote, it still would of made more sense to sign him to at least a 2 year deal. But hey, what's done is done.

Schwartz was HC in Detroit....

I'm aware. That was my point. Will he be accountable for disciplining the defensive players in Buffalo? If so, then it was Pettine's job last year and Pettine didn't get it done, else we wouldn't have seen Marrone have to end up benching Dareus twice at the end of the year. Pettine should have taken care of the issue before it came to that. If it is the head coach's job, like it was in Detroit, and likely is here as well, then not sure why it is relevant what Schwartz did since he isn't the HC here. Edited by YoloinOhio

Just throwing this out there re: Spikes - I've been wondering why the Pats unceremoniously jettisoned an effective run stopper after falling to 30th in rushing yards allowed and 24th in ypa (down from 9th and 6th the year before), and I couldn't help but think of Aaron Hernandez. Both were drafted out of Florida by the Pats in 2010, and both were players with some character red flags. Does anyone know anything about their relationship? I have to think that the Pats want to cut all ties to anyone associated with Hernandez. I also came across this, which is sorta interesting: http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-76684384/ .

@buffalobills

Brandon Spikes conference call: Reuniting w/ Pepper Jonson a big part of choosing #Bills. "I want to help change things" in #Buffalo

@buffalobills

Brandon Spikes on Takeo Spikes (2nd cousin): "Watching him in #Buffalo growing up, he inspired me to wear No. 51" #Spikes51

@buffalobills

.@takeospikes51 advising @brandonspikes55 on the #Bills: "There's no other fan base like it" pic.twitter.com/V0wNGXwHQI

@buffalobills

.@BrandonSpikes55: Molds his game after "those old-school, throwback LBs ...I don't know any other way to play the game" #BringTheLumber

@buffalobills

.@Brandonspikes55 on the @Patriots: "It'll be emotional, I'll probably be in tears the whole game. It'll be a battle. I'll dream about it"

Bledsoe sucked.

Everyone seemed to have an excuse for him.

But he makes some seriously quality Cabernet.

I don't think there has ever been a transformation quite like that of a mediocre QB into a downright stellar vineyard owner. So for that, I rate his tenure in Buffalo highly. :beer:

But he makes some seriously quality Cabernet.

I don't think there has ever been a transformation quite like that of a mediocre QB into a downright stellar vineyard owner. So for that, I rate his tenure in Buffalo highly. :beer:

I believe Joe Montana owned a vineyard first.

GO BILLS!!!

@JohnMurphyShow

Complete audio: Brandon Spikes on Joining the Bills Defense http://ow.ly/2ENFxD

Listened to the whole thing live and...as an admittedly biased Bills fan...it was impossible not to come away really impressed with the kid...He sounded legitimately excited about being here and playing with our Defense...Sounded very sincere...I challenge any Bills fan to listen to that and think the kid is going to be a locker room problem...He got me pumped up...His last words? "GO BILLS!!!" Nice... B-)

Bledsoe sucked.

Everyone seemed to have an excuse for him.

You didn't say that at the parade. :lol:

To the contrary of what some fan-haters on this board may say, Bills fans treat the players exceptionally well. But if they don't win, they don't remember that. They remember the bad weather and their fond memories are reserved for places where they WON.