Cordy flip to right Tackle...No!

oman128

Cordy Glenn is the kid who is improved by leaps and bounds since the first day he got here. He improved dramatically in a second year and was a top 10 tackle.

I think now in his third year he is going to be a top five tackle and Pro Bowler.

I've been reading a lot of mock draft and several of them keep saying that we should flip him to right tackle after we draft LT Matthews, Robinson, Lewan. I see no reason to flip him to Right Tackle. Cordy can do the job at Left Tackle.

The people doing the mocks are probably saying that as a way of rationalizing the Bills taking an OT that high. I agree that it's complete nonsense. Even on a bad day, (which isn't very often) Glenn is a very capable LT. I'm guessing as of now the Bills go LB or WR in round 1.

I have to imagine our draft plan goes:

1. WR

2. best LB or RT

3. best LB or RT (obviously whichever position wasn't selected in rd 2)

Maybe our most preferred is to trade down in rd1 to pick up an extra 2nd rounder, then ad TE to the mix.

After round 3 I want to see us take at least 2 guards.

These Draft experts do not do their research meaning they haven't studied the bills at all. Cordy Glenn has been rated as a top 10 LT in the league. They still think Cordy as a guard in the NFL. If the Bills draft a tackle they will put him on the Right side opposite Glenn. It makes zero sense to move Cordy and put a Rookie into the most important position on the line with a 2nd year QB. He would get killed. Cordy played as a rookie with Fitz.

While I agree he needs to stay at left tackle, I disagree that he improved last year. On the contrary, I think his run-blocking declined last season from his rookie season. The new offense, plus the new offense for Spiller (which is a little different) and the loss of Andy Levitre all contributed to less effectiveness which led to frustration and uncertainty which contributed to even less effectiveness last season.

My hope is the new Guard, Chris Williams and a year of looking at tape for all those involved in our offense will iron out a lot of wrinkles and get that running game going (particularly for CJ) behind the huge and nasty Cordy Glenn.

Watch CJ's highlight reel from 2012 and Cordy jumps right off the film at you. He just did not have that effect last season....

I have to imagine our draft plan goes:

1. WR

2. best LB or RT

3. best LB or RT (obviously whichever position wasn't selected in rd 2)

Maybe our most preferred is to trade down in rd1 to pick up an extra 2nd rounder, then ad TE to the mix.

After round 3 I want to see us take at least 2 guards.

I know the trade-down is my preferred option.... : )

After rd. three you know it's mostly BPA accept for the %#{{#^*€<~~ punter we will draft (again).

The title is misleading, I thought it was coming from the Bills that Cordy was moving.

Cordy won't be moving anywhere, one of the top LT in the league. Not to worry, the national pundits are just hoping the Bills will move him elsewhere so they can say they were right. Not happening.

From PFF:

3. Cordy Glenn, Left Tackle

Continuing the theme of young talent, the Bills also seem to have struck gold with their second round pick from the 2012 draft. Glenn’s rookie season featured promise and penalties, but he eliminated the latter to earn the 11th-best grade of any left tackle in 2013. He wasn’t a dominant run blocker, but he wasn’t a liability there either. His true value came in pass protection. He never allowed more than one sack or QB hit in a game, and had four games where he didn’t allow any sort of pressure. His 96.2 Pass Blocking Efficiency was tied with Joe Thomas for the fifth-best by an offensive tackle. If he continues his upward track then the Bills might have one of the league’ top tackles next season for a bargain price.

2013 Cap Hit: $1.1m

2013 Jahnke Value Model: $5.9m

Value Differential: +$4.8m