Bills coaches want to move on from training staff, FO dysfunction

FluffHead

That is hilarious. He looks like an older version or the father of David Samson (an executive with the Miami Marlins) who is equally disliked in Miami.

http://www.cardozo.y...mni_news_20.jpg

I was picturing more like this:

montgomery%2Bburns.jpg

Wow - did not mean to post back to back Simpsons pictures! I should have refreshed the page before I posted I guess!

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't exactly mean to say that he's beloved. More that some have really bought into the idea that he suddenly owns the team or something, and wields absolute power.

At the end of the day, he works for Ralph (and by extension Ralph's money men in Littman and Overdorf). The idea that he can do anything other than say "Yes sir, thank you sir" to Ralph's inner circle is laughable.

You can't fire your boss. Russ has it really good and he's been a good foot solider for Mr. Wilson, which is why he gets to play big shot until the team is sold. Sounds harsh I guess but I don't quake in my shoes at the awesome power of Russ Brandon like some do. lol

Yes, some people are extremely naive indeed. Brandon is not going to do anything that goes against the S.O.P. that Ralph has established, and the other two remain in place to keep him in check.

Yes, some people are extremely naive indeed. Brandon is not going to do anything that goes against the S.O.P. that Ralph has established, and the other two remain in place to keep him in check.

Just because these guys aren't going anywhere doesn't mean things cannot be improved in how the two "sides" communicate and work together. Russ may have his work cut out for him, but I've seen much bigger issues in FOs.

Just because these guys aren't going anywhere doesn't mean things cannot be improved in how the two "sides" communicate and work together. Russ may have his work cut out for him, but I've seen much bigger issues in FOs.

Only Russ is on the same 'side' as the other 2... Team Ralph.

I don't exactly mean to say that he's beloved. More that some have really bought into the idea that he suddenly owns the team or something, and wields absolute power.

At the end of the day, he works for Ralph (and by extension Ralph's money men in Littman and Overdorf). The idea that he can do anything other than say "Yes sir, thank you sir" to Ralph's inner circle is laughable.

You can't fire your boss. Russ has it really good and he's been a good foot solider for Mr. Wilson, which is why he gets to play big shot until the team is sold. Sounds harsh I guess but I don't quake in my shoes at the awesome power of Russ Brandon like some do. lol

Until proven otherwise, not harsh at all.

If this is true, then why wouldn't he go to great lengths to hire guys that would fall in line instead of Whaley/Marrone, who according to your theory aren't doing so?

Because Russ is the unquestioned boss of Whaley/Marrone. Put another way, both Doug Whaley and Doug Marrone serve at the pleasure of Russ Brandon. Is Marrone frustrated enough to quick? Hell no, there are only 32 NFL head coaching jobs and his last gig was at SU. Same goes for Whaley. While Russ can certainly keep the two of them in line, the same can't be said about Overdorf and Littman.

If this is true, then why wouldn't he go to great lengths to hire guys that would fall in line instead of Whaley/Marrone, who according to your theory aren't doing so?

If they fall too far out of line, they will not be part of the program much longer.

Because Russ is the unquestioned boss of Whaley/Marrone. Put another way, both Doug Whaley and Doug Marrone serve at the pleasure of Russ Brandon. Is Marrone frustrated enough to quick? Hell no, there are only 32 NFL head coaching jobs and his last gig was at SU. Same goes for Whaley. While Russ can certainly keep the two of them in line, the same can't be said about Overdorf and Littman.

That makes no sense...if Brandon wanted things done the way the old guard always did them, he could very easily have made that clear in order to avoid any issues down the road. If he wanted a "fall in line" candidate, he could've had one. He knew Marrone and knew his personality--he's not a "fall in line" kind of guy.

Instead, he promoted Whaley and (with Nix's help) let him choose the coach and run the team his way.

If they fall too far out of line, they will not be part of the program much longer.

As far as who's concerned? Russ?

I would think he is on both sides, as he wants to win and apparently, the culture change is a piece of that.

Well, it's time to put his money where his mouth is. Or rather, RW's money. Russ Smithers is between a rock and a hard place, but something tells me he'll slither out of it with slick marketing.

I would think he is on both sides, as he wants to win and apparently, the culture change is a piece of that.

The two Doug's work for him, so he has to support them as much as a superior can. Ultimately though, this is still Ralph's team, he still gets his marching orders from Ralph, and the bottom-line constraints that have been put into place by Ralph still have to be met. There is absolutely no way that Ralph gave him carte blanche to do as he pleases.