Is TJ Graham as bad as we think?

Jerry Jabber

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no excuses. Maybe Bills had nothing better , in the grand scheme of things , to field

I Billieve you are completely correct :D

Nothing better to field? Not Woods? Or even Goodwin, who is so often declared as much better than Graham?

If Graham sucks so bad, is he worse than Easley? Hogan? If so, why weren't they above him on the depth chart. Because Maroon.

I guess that excuse can be used as to why the Bills have royally sucked over the last 9 years (meaning no winning seasons).

Bad QB = no winning seasons? I think we're on to something here....

Edited by FireChan

I was critical of Graham's play this past season, and looking back on this season, I was probably unfair.

Right now I would rather see Robert Woods as a starter instead of Graham. I think Woods has more potential.

Now Graham could very well turn out to be a good WR, or he may not. Either way he should be given a chance to prove himself.

What we need is E.J. Manuel playing a full season and not have 3 QB's playing throughout the year again, in order to fully gauge our WR corps.

Having said all that, we could use an upgrade at the WR position.

I tried to like TJ this year. He'll make a few good plays and then drop footballs that hit him in the hands. Like the bomb vs Cleveland and the fumble vs KC. He's not consistent enough. He's fast, but IMHO he doesn't have NFL quality hands.

Maybe another year? But honestly I hope we bring in some real talent at WR and he can't make the roster.

I was critical of Graham's play this past season, and looking back on this season, I was probably unfair.

Right now I would rather see Robert Woods as a starter instead of Graham. I think Woods has more potential.

Now Graham could very well turn out to be a good WR, or he may not. Either way he should be given a chance to prove himself.

What we need is E.J. Manuel playing a full season and not have 3 QB's playing throughout the year again, in order to fully gauge our WR corps.

Having said all that, we could use an upgrade at the WR position.

Reasonable post .

I tried to like TJ this year. He'll make a few good plays and then drop footballs that hit him in the hands. Like the bomb vs Cleveland and the fumble vs KC. He's not consistent enough. He's fast, but IMHO he doesn't have NFL quality hands.

Maybe another year? But honestly I hope we bring in some real talent at WR and he can't make the roster.

me too

Nothing better to field? Not Woods? Or even Goodwin, who is so often declared as much better than Graham?

If Graham sucks so bad, is he worse than Easley? Hogan? If so, why weren't they above him on the depth chart. Because Maroon.

Bad QB = no winning seasons? I think we're on to something here....

His potential to stretch the field and or create mismatches ?

Qb play had alot to do with everything on offense maybe ? : )

No, I do not think TJ Graham is as bad as some people think. I believe what we have seen so far from Graham (and Goodwin to some extent as he has a similar skill set) is the product of a team whose offensive capabilities have not suited his skill set. I have no idea if he could be a really good receiver or not; however I do know this: deep threat receivers do not typically flourish in a system that cannot accurately and consistently get them the ball deep. Graham's first QB was Fitz, whose strength was not really the deep ball - not to mention other problems, offensively. This last year, we had three QBs with little to no NFL experience rotating in and out of the position. Add to that, an offensive line that was, arguably, weakest at the one thing that QBs really need to effectively and consistently throw the deep ball: Stopping pass rushing pressure up the middle and giving the QB a pocket to step up into.

There is enough blame to go around for the offensive problems of this team. There isn't a single player who plays in a vacuum. His success, and the success of any given play, is dependent upon a number of other players and a number of other factors.

The Combine disagrees. Goodwin was under 4.3, Graham was closer to 4.4

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Simple as this, If he would learn to catch this off season, stop focusing on the d that is chasing him and look more to the QB that is throwing the ball he would improve. He can be better! But he does seem to focus on weather or not he can beat his oposition on the feild. TJ....you can beat him! learn to catch and watch your stock rise! Confidence is what you need!

Edited by fansince88

Others here have said the same thing, but my one major complaint about Graham is that he just doesn't have that desirable "catching radius" which, if I were a QB, would make me less apt to throw in his direction. That said, there are things to like about him, like his ability to put pressure on the top of a defense because he does. And he's pretty feisty as a blocker at times; he's willing to stick his nose in there.

He's a work in progress, like most of the young guys on the team. He'll get better as the QBing gets better.

GO BILLS!!!

Simple as this, If he would learn to catch this off season, stop focusing on the d that is chasing him and look more to the QB that is throwing the ball he would improve. He can be better! But he does seem to focus on weather or not he can beat his oposition on the feild. TJ....you can beat him! learn to catch and watch your stock rise! Confidence is what you need!

I think Arthur Moats holds self affirmation session Wednesday afternoons. Could do the trick!

after re-watching all the games. paying particular attention to Graham, I was amazed how often he was open. Open in the NFL meaning a half step on a db, pass after bad pass were thrown in his direction. I mean non catchable passes by anyone one! This man has been unfairly assessed by far too many here. Is he elite, no, but he is better than Don Beebe was, and I want him on this team.

If he could be a Don Beebe I would be happy. :) Get a better offensive line and all of a sudden our QB, RB and Receivers get better everyone plays better with time!

I know right? It's not like speed has anything to do with long jumping - says Carl Lewis

Exactly says Iaasic Newton..,

I think the point when someone points out his Olympic bona fides is that it's a package of speed and training acumen, and that with long jump there is more than just speed involved. I think it makes Goodwin more impressive. Straight line speed is nothing if you can't run routes or catch the ball.