Stevie Johnson should be dealt addition by subtraction

Regarding what Stevie would be worth in a trade:

Compare his career #s to Percy Harvin's.

Harvin netted a 1,3, & 7.

Obviously Stevie isn't Harvin--he's still worth more than a 3rd

The only thing those two have in common is they are WRs. Harvins one of the most dynamic, hardest to account for guys in the league. Stevie's a good possession receiver.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing those two have in common is they are WRs. Harvins one of the most dynamic, hardest to account for guys in the league. Stevie's a good possession receiver.

Yes they are decidedly different players.

I'm just saying to look at their respective production and you'll be surprised at the similarities.

Stevie is worth more than some folks are estimating.

I'm gonna say it. I TRULY HOPE that Stevie gets traded. Not because I think he's bad. Bad for this team. Or overrated.

I want Stevie to be traded to a solid team with a serious chance to win a ring and show everyone how good he really is. Stevie on a team like Carolina, New England, or San Fran would be a sure pro bowler.

Good riddance Stevie. Good luck making all the idiot fans in Buffalo eat their words.

Yep, that'll show us... :thumbdown:

Edited by benderbender

Unreal isn't it? Its not just the reporters looking for something to stir up, its also the fans here.

Haha!!! Fans? Fans support players that support their team. The Stevie haters, are just that. I can understand people thinking he's underachieving, but to constantly attack someone that has shown loyalty to a team and a city that has had a lack of loyalty from players in the past is mind numbing. People don't have to go buy his jersey but I see no reason to constantly bad mouth the guy. The funny thing is those that call him immature are posting on a message board how bashing a guy and telling everyone how THEY think he should act.

Edited by Hazed and Amuzed

Yep, that'll show us... :thumbdown:

the way the fans of this team want to get rid of every player because they take a penalty or drop a ball at an in-opportune time like it doesn't happen on every team in the league. We want to run good players out of town because they say one wrong thing, or have too many tattoos and spend too much time making commercials.

Stevie is a good person and a really good football player. He's not a trouble maker. He doesn't get involved in stories of going out downtown and getting wasted. Has never been arrested. Never said he hated Buffalo or our fans. Never said the team should move to Toronto.

Yet people have a personal vendetta against him because he drops a couple balls a year at horrible times. What about all the balls he catches that lead to first downs or more? Catches that he makes to keep a drive alive that ends up in points?

Not every #1 WR is Calvin Johnson. I'll say it here for the first time I think over ever said it. Buffalo Bills fans ARE F%#KING IDIOTS!!!! We have been down for so long without a winning team, without good players, that we don't even know what good ones are anymore.

Word of advice geniuses.... Stevie is the best WR this team has seen since Eric Moulds and Andre Reed before that. That's one Hall of Famer and another player with even better statistics. But yeah, let's trade him for a 4th rounder because he's dropped 8 balls in the last 3 years that are very easily remembered because of the time they were dropped.

God... I hate the offseason. You've all made me miserable again.

the way the fans of this team want to get rid of every player because they take a penalty or drop a ball at an in-opportune time like it doesn't happen on every team in the league. We want to run good players out of town because they say one wrong thing, or have too many tattoos and spend too much time making commercials.

Stevie is a good person and a really good football player. He's not a trouble maker. He doesn't get involved in stories of going out downtown and getting wasted. Has never been arrested. Never said he hated Buffalo or our fans. Never said the team should move to Toronto.

Yet people have a personal vendetta against him because he drops a couple balls a year at horrible times. What about all the balls he catches that lead to first downs or more? Catches that he makes to keep a drive alive that ends up in points?

Not every #1 WR is Calvin Johnson. I'll say it here for the first time I think over ever said it. Buffalo Bills fans ARE F%#KING IDIOTS!!!! We have been down for so long without a winning team, without good players, that we don't even know what good ones are anymore.

Word of advice geniuses.... Stevie is the best WR this team has seen since Eric Moulds and Andre Reed before that. That's one Hall of Famer and another player with even better statistics. But yeah, let's trade him for a 4th rounder because he's dropped 8 balls in the last 3 years that are very easily remembered because of the time they were dropped.

Not only that, He wants to be a Buffalo Bill!! He wants to play in Buffalo, and stay in Buffalo.

Besides, the very last thing I would want to see is Tom Brady making Stevie a 100+ reception receiver.

We have been down for so long without a winning team, without good players, that we don't even know what good ones are anymore.

For the record, I am not in favor of trading SJ because I don't think he has much value. This is strongly due to his (imo) inflated contract.

As for the above, you might be right. The thing is, Bills Fans ARE pretty good at spotting so-so players. We should be, whereas we frequently draft them in early rounds, to include round 1 (see Whitner, Donte).

SJ gets open. This is beyond dispute. I have seen enough of him to have the opinion that he is not a clutch player. And to expect him to become one at his age is (again, imo) unrealistic.

What disturbs me in this thread is fans getting angry at ourselves for having an opinion. We all have bad days mind you, but to view SJ as closer to average than he is to great just isn't so much of a reach, and deserves little scorn.

Edited by Bill from NYC

Great Post!

For the record, I am not in favor of trading SJ because I don't think he has much value. This is strongly due to his (imo) inflated contract.

As for the above, you might be right. The thing is, Bills Fans ARE pretty good at spotting so-so players. We should be, whereas we frequently draft them in early rounds, to include round 1 (see Whitner, Donte).

SJ gets open. This is beyond dispute. I have seen enough of him to have the opinion that he is not a clutch player. And to expect him to become one at his age is (again, imo) unrealistic.

What disturbs me in this thread is fans getting angry at ourselves for having an opinion. We all have bad days mind you, but to view SJ as closer to average than he is to great just isn't so much of a reach, and deserves little scorn.

Closer to average than great is fair. Many give the impression they are arguing closer to cfl than nfl

IM still waiting for more Pros. All you homers can come up with is that he is a good guy and wants to stay in Buffalo! This is found on page 1 of Players interview manuel. "Love the city you play for, you are making millions!" No one answered the question...Did the Bills miss Stevie Johnson when he was injured this year???

100% behind Stevie and bounce back from rough last season overall stats wise.

Lets get rid of the only guy who got open. That's a good one.

IM still waiting for more Pros. All you homers can come up with is that he is a good guy and wants to stay in Buffalo! This is found on page 1 of Players interview manuel. "Love the city you play for, you are making millions!" No one answered the question...Did the Bills miss Stevie Johnson when he was injured this year???

Crusade on.

Couple questions for you:

What do you think that the Bills can get for Johnson?

Who do the Bills have to replace him on the field?

Until there is a better option why would you even marginally reduce the talent on a team?

100% behind Stevie and bounce back from rough last season overall stats wise.

Lets get rid of the only guy who got open. That's a good one.

ALways the same answer Billz...A GUY THAT CAN GET OPEN....Ill finish the sentence BUT DROPS THE BALL WHEN IT COUNTS!!!

Couple questions for you:

What do you think that the Bills can get for Johnson?

Who do the Bills have to replace him on the field?

Until there is a better option why would you even marginally reduce the talent on a team?

Everything on a messageboard is opinion. No one is right or wrong. I never said get rid of him. The OP said get rid of him.

I maintain he chokes under pressure time and time again and personally didnt miss him the games that he was injured.

THanks for the questions!