Stevie Johnson should be dealt addition by subtraction

continually cutting players without replacements is not the path to success. if we draft a guy like watkins AND he plays well in his rookie year you consider making the move. right now are receivers are barely nfl caliber, and cutting the best one does nothing to help that.

Really now? Depends on who you cut... and so it is your contention that Woods and Goodwin are barely NFL caliber? Please, how do you get to that conclusion?

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna say it. I TRULY HOPE that Stevie gets traded. Not because I think he's bad. Bad for this team. Or overrated.

I want Stevie to be traded to a solid team with a serious chance to win a ring and show everyone how good he really is. Stevie on a team like Carolina, New England, or San Fran would be a sure pro bowler.

Good riddance Stevie. Good luck making all the idiot fans in Buffalo eat their words.

Agree completely. Great guy with the fans and in the community that consistently produces. We definitely don't need that kind of crap on this team.

Really now? Depends on who you cut... and so it is your contention that Woods and Goodwin are barely NFL caliber? Please, how do you get to that conclusion?

its a 6 person unit. our receiving group as a whole is barely competent to run out on the field with stevie. if we go in with only those 2 guys that you think would make an nfl roster easily, and take into account 4 WR sets plus backups for injury, yes we are barely passable as it is. we arent up against the cap and we are low on receiving talent. you keep him until you have a proven upgrade.

Edited by NoSaint

If you're banking on Woods and Goodwin to "get this offense built up like it should be" then be prepared for disappointment. Woods has the potential to a good #2 or great #3. He doesn't have enough speed to be a #1. Goodwin is nothing more than a vertical threat. You were probably one of these disillusioned Bills fans saying the same things about TJ Graham and Marcus Easley a few years ago.

If you're banking on Woods and Goodwin to "get this offense built up like it should be" then be prepared for disappointment. Woods has the potential to a good #2 or great #3. He doesn't have enough speed to be a #1. Goodwin is nothing more than a vertical threat. You were probably one of these disillusioned Bills fans saying the same things about TJ Graham and Marcus Easley a few years ago.

sounds like what most people said about Roscoe Parrish and Lee Evans actually

even if woods and goodwin hit or exceed those roles and are great players.... it would be great to have more than TJ graham, chris hogan, marcus easley and an unproven rookie as the rest of the group.

stevie and woods 1 & 2, with goodwin playing a role and a good rookie to groom, TJ as the wildcard and easley since special teams is a disaster and i cant see us getting rid of the best coverage guy given the coach saying we need more like him.... sounds a lot better to me.

Edited by NoSaint

2013 was a horrible season for SJ he played hobbling most of the season ( fans want a player to play hurt but then call him a bum when his production is down) but when healthy he's pretty damn good - is he a top 20 WR no but I don't see anybody else on this team or in Free Agency who is - and even Watkins who is probably the best WR in this draft is no sure thing to get a 1000 yards in his first year - plenty of even über talented WRs do squat their first two seasons.

its a 6 person unit. our receiving group as a whole is barely competent to run out on the field with stevie. if we go in with only those 2 guys that you think would make an nfl roster easily, and take into account 4 WR sets plus backups for injury, yes we are barely passable as it is. we arent up against the cap and we are low on receiving talent. you keep him until you have a proven upgrade.

I don't know here. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the most common complaint amongst NFL coaches is having too many quality receivers. :lol:

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

The real question is....What does SJ13 bring to the Bills?

Pros

Great route runner

Very confident in his abilities

Cons

No Speed

Loser Attitude ( go see many penalties and hands thrown in air after Tuel int.)

No Clutch catches

Runs 1 yard short of first down more often then not

7 million per year

These of course are just my Opinions! ( even a blind squirrel can see this )

I forgot to mention...Folds like a house of cards under pressure. Go see Toronto game this year!

A great leader still has to produce and be a positive influence on the team. Marrone finally sees this act, and now we'll finally jettison SJ I hope. Defending this guy with some lame excuses that all his WRs think he's a great leader is just insane.

You lost me at Goodwin, him and woods were always healthy and never locked down by bigger corners.

I'm gonna say it. I TRULY HOPE that Stevie gets traded. Not because I think he's bad. Bad for this team. Or overrated.

I want Stevie to be traded to a solid team with a serious chance to win a ring and show everyone how good he really is. Stevie on a team like Carolina, New England, or San Fran would be a sure pro bowler.

Good riddance Stevie. Good luck making all the idiot fans in Buffalo eat their words.

Stevie to panthers w Cam would be hilarious....nice 88 catch 1300 yard season or so. At least me and you can have a da'rick style Stevie thread. Goodwin ain't ready. Turrible idea imo op and Tim "the mouth" Graham. Tim out there leaking everything.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I speculate, that the same people that want to run Stevie out of town, are the same people that wanted to run Lynch out of town. They also believe the South will rise again, are for voter suppression laws, marriage equality, the 1% are the job givers, Ted Cruz is the breasts, and Obama is a Muslim and Fox News is actual news.

Sure, Stevie Johnson is holding the offense back. It has nothing to do with the Bills woeful QB situation. LOL.

Especially in the Toronto game when the pass was thrown on a wire. EJ made him fumble that ball

DAMN YOU, CRAPPY QB SITUATION! LOL

I speculate, that the same people that want to run Stevie out of town, are the same people that wanted to run Lynch out of town. They also believe the South will rise again, are for voter suppression laws, marriage equality, the 1% are the job givers, Ted Cruz is the breasts, and Obama is a Muslim and Fox News is actual news.

You mean Lynch the hit and run idiot who was being outplayed by Fred Jackson? Seattles defense won the Superbowl..not Lynchs 30 yards on 15 carries!

The real question is....What does SJ13 bring to the Bills?

Pros

Great route runner - Agreed

Very confident in his abilities - Agreed

Cons

No Speed - Doesn't affect his ability to get open.

Loser Attitude ( go see many penalties and hands thrown in air after Tuel int.) -Can't disagree on the Tuel play, but only losers commit penalties?

No Clutch catches - False. He has had SOME. It's just fun for people to downplay his clutch catches by saying stuff like "Well even I could have made that play!"

Runs 1 yard short of first down more often then not - If you say so.

7 million per year - Not that high for a number one WR.

These of course are just my Opinions! ( even a blind squirrel can see this ) - Actually, a blind squirrel can't SEE it. Find it? Sure.

I forgot to mention...Folds like a house of cards under pressure. Go see Toronto game this year! - Pretty sure you covered this with your clutch remark.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

I'd take it a step further. I say he sucks and has no business being even on a CFL roster. A team would be crazy to even give up an 8th round pick for him. Did you see him drop the ball against the Steelers the other day?? What kind of player can't catch a ball that hits him in the hands? Even I could have caught that.

Sure he's had a couple of decent years stats-wise, but imagine a decent receiver playing with the likes of Ryan Fitzpatrick, Trent Edwards and EJ Manuel. My God...can you imagine the numbers??? I certainly think 2000 yards is not out of the question. And imagine the guy didn't have tattoos, didn't flash jewellery and only spoke in cliches??? I'm getting so excited. I better stop before I soil myself.

Now back to reality. This is from last year, but I hope everyone remembers how he schooled the new "best corner in the game" last season. And that's after some pretty good games against the old best corner in the game.

The guy is awesome. Better than even some of his supporters think. He has a truly unique talent at getting open that can't defined by the conventional measurables spouted by the mouth-breathing media. Just because our team has sucked in what feels like forever, doesn't mean we've been completely devoid of talent. Some fans sure make it feel that way.

Excellent post, QB Edited by Beerball

Still waiting for more PROS! Youre trying to defend SJ13 by not adding anything. Rather telling us that the Pitt catch was hard. and the Fumble in Toronto was hard, and the penalties are ok, and the 7 million is low for a #1 ( HA HA ) receiver!

Still waiting for more PROS! Youre trying to defend SJ13 by not adding anything. Rather telling us that the Pitt catch was hard. and the Fumble in Toronto was hard, and the penalties are ok, and the 7 million is low for a #1 ( HA HA ) receiver!

In other words you're looking for the first Bills fan to change his mind on this issue?

Only in a buffalo bills dillusional little world do we name a middle of the run #2 WR as a #1.

If Watkins is there for the taking at #9. You draft that bad ass and let the W squared run the show in Buffalo! EJ to Watkins, EJ to Woods.